• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The MQ Get Healthy/Study Thread (1 Viewer)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
glitterfairy said:
On a side note, I think both you (and Mike) need to bring something like a sandwich or two to uni. They're awesome as either a meal or a snack, depending on how much you eat at a time, and they're more filling than chocolate or chips too :) Ideally what you want to aim for is eating every 3-4 hours, so it's just a matter of figuring what type of foods and in what quantities can keep you going for that long without snacking :)
Pfft, sandwiches :p I'll bring a rack of lamb, that'll keep me snack-happilicious!

HSC
N/A
Kegs said:
Its hard when one is at uni like 8-12 hours a day, 5 days a week. Some days are really good and I dont eat too much crap, but other days (like today), I have way too much junk. The Filmsoc office has so much junk food in it and it is cheap and right infront of me, so i just eat it.
Today, finally, I begin my diet. (Yes Rob, I have finally begun)

This diet still allows for the creme eggs every now and then though.
Ooohhhhh

Back when I was doing musicals and we all had to sell those boxes of fundraising chocolate (40 in a pack, each cast member had to sell at least two boxes I think...) I had the same problem >.< it's there, it's easy to grab, etc. eeeek

and congrats on deciding to start on a new diet! :D

AsyLum said:
Pfft, sandwiches I'll bring a rack of lamb, that'll keep me snack-happilicious!
Well, I suggested sandwiches because they can easily be wrapped up and thrown into a bag, but if you want to toss in a rack of lamb straight out of the oven complete with gravy be my guest :p (or maybe not, but this is just the mental image I had when I read your post lol)

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
glitterfairy said:
yay welcome to the thread Kegs! :D

And yes, a food diary is awesome by means of really knowing what goes in. I'm too scared to write mine at the moment, lol... when I'm mobile to eat more than the crap I'm currently eating (or at least, eat the crap but be mobile enough to exercise it off) then I shall rejoin the awesome ranks :D
welcome kegs!

actually thats sounds like a great idea i might want to start a food diary :D

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
glitterfairy said:
Well, I suggested sandwiches because they can easily be wrapped up and thrown into a bag, but if you want to toss in a rack of lamb straight out of the oven complete with gravy be my guest :p (or maybe not, but this is just the mental image I had when I read your post lol)
*gets the foil and a thermos ready*

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
glitterfairy said:
ahahaha

bananas are yummy

probably healthier than strawberries, too :(
actually i heard berries are like one of the healthiest and bananas aren't low GI and have too much sugar but yeh.. yum

my food diary for the day ... uh oh.. lol

breakfast: bread with butter
lunch: 3 slices of thin crust chicken monaco pizza, 1/2 can of soft drink dunno what it was (i wanted something Zero, but my friend bought me that and i didnt wanna be rude so yeh)
snack: 1 Twix pod, 1 fantale, a k-time twist bar, 1/2 can coke zero
dinner: rice with stuff i dunno what it is, some moon cake. i have grown to like mooncake now. yummmm

oh btw there is pink dove shampoo! yay! im gonna get it cuz dove is gonna make my hair nice and pink smelling

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
ah! I did that once

I need peer pressure to keep me going though, so a public/internet one works better for me :D

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
glitterfairy said:
Ooohhhhh

Back when I was doing musicals and we all had to sell those boxes of fundraising chocolate (40 in a pack, each cast member had to sell at least two boxes I think...) I had the same problem >.< it's there, it's easy to grab, etc. eeeek
i have that problem now! no fundraising but yeh. my house is like the friggen chocolate factory + atm mooncake house

HSC
N/A
ahahahaha!

Time to have a party :p Get all your friends to help eat that chocolate and mooncake for you!

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
pb said:
i have that problem now! no fundraising but yeh. my house is like the friggen chocolate factory + atm mooncake house
dont worry i come over tomorrow eat them then :D

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
pb said:
MOOONCAKE!

Kegs

HSC
Is Mooncake like Japanese Bean Paste?

Breakfast: 2 slices toast w Honey
Lunch: 2 sultana scones and Rockmelon & Honey Dew
Snack: Milky Way + Sultana Scone + Orange Juice
Pre Dinner: Cheese and Biscuits (not too many!)
Dinner: Rogan Josh w Rice + Apple Juice
Desert: Apple Bun

I think that is everything, but I do have trouble remembering it all.

^___^
HSC
breakfast:
toast + protein shake

gym for 1.5hrs

lunch:
sub of the day

afternoon tea
sub of the day

dinner:
rice + choy sum + chicken + potato with red bull

dinner again:
egg noodles + meat

HSC
N/A
Breakfast: slept through :p had a total kick-butt fantasy-esque dream where I was on a quest to return this magical item and riding dragons and running away from bad guys though, so it was worth it!

Lunch: Some chicken nuggets

Evening snack: two slices of buttered bread, some lobster or crab meat (can't remember which)

Dinner:some roast chicken and mashed potato

Study: Have given thought to doing readings for uni on thursday :p On on hand, it's "Noooo I have to do readings", on the other it's "YAY I'M GOING TO UNI ON THURSDAY!!!" If you see me hiking around campus on my crutches, say hi! :D

Exercise: Did my ankle exercises with the theraband and some weight transfer exercises on a doubled-up quilt (unfortunately we don't have the uber-cool squishy block my physio has). I did a bit of walking from one end of the house to the other - slowly and supported by crutches - and then did some unassisted walking in circles around the room :p finished off with a few slow releves supported by dining room chair. My ankle had better be buff tomorrow :p

When ankle is a bit stronger I want to get back into yoga and pilates exercises. After being immobile for over a week, I'm not liking the prospect of having to regain all that muscle I've lost :eek: (if not used, muscle deteriorates after about 3 days...)

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
Kegs said:
Is Mooncake like Japanese Bean Paste?

i think it is, except no jap? yeh i dunno. all i know is that its sickeningly sweet (yum), has a weird egg that i don't eat and that i always fall asleep right after it (i just woke up) , and it hurts my teeth so that means it has a poopload of sugar. ergh im sleepy! i wanted to exercise after that 600 calories not sleep!

HSC
N/A
ohhhh my house just got worse

I just found an entire packet - unopened! - of Hershey's Kisses!!! :eek:

I just had two. :( I see myself going back for more...

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Breakfast: 2 slices of toast
Lunch: Some asian stuff
Pre-Dinner: Maccas :eek:

Exercise: I tried running, lasted about 15 minutes, and my body is sore, rofl. I haven't been active for a while :( Going to do a plan to get more aerobic.

HSC
N/A
Julnhi - if you've been eating a lot of bananas and your period is coming soon, it's likely you're dealing with a water retention problem. I "put on" about three kilos once because I was eating heaps of bananas :( It went away eventually, but was scary while the weight was there :eek:

Breakfast: Some mashed potato
Lunch: Two slices of toast with butter
Snack: Lots of hershey's kisses :( More than a handful...
Dinner:Gnocci with this tomato pasta sauce thingy. Yum yum!

Study: oh crap I said I'd do my readings but I haven't yet :eek: I have lots of breaktimes tomorrow on campus though, can probably read during breaks...

Exercise:Did various exercises at physio. Nothing extensive though... still need my ankle to be able to take on more weight :(

On a "bright" side, I weighed myself today and I've actually lost a few kilos. I think I've put on a bit of body fat due to total lack of exercise though, so that just means I've lost heaps of muscle >.< oh nooooooooo

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
julnhi - as well as the above there's probably a bit of a difference between the two scales as well.

breakfast - weetbix with apricots (wow, cereal is rare for me)
morning tea - cheese, olives
lunch - bread roll, ham, lettuce, tomato
arvo tea - cheese, olives (addicted much?), smoothie, chocolate
dinner - lasagne

study - notes from today.
exercise - if i don't get motivated/into a habit at this age i never will :S

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)