The MQ Get Healthy/Study Thread (1 Viewer)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
breakfast: rice and chicken
excercise: 500 calories burned on the cross trainer, 10 mins of weights
lunch: can of oily tuna, tomato, cheese,
snack: cousin had rice and scrambled fried egg with cheese and tomato, so so did i
dinner: small portion of white rice and fish with veggies

study: none, still doing crap paperwork for centrelink n my exchange

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
oh man :( today not very impressive day... maybe after this I'll be inspired to do some stuff, because there's going to be more than one day where I don't feel like doing anything and I know I have to push through! waah

my friend isn't avaliable to do a tap duo with me on my studio concert night anymore :(

Lynny clings onto the memory of wanting to be a cat - Day 3

Breakfast: skipped
Lunch: glass of milk? :/
Afternoon tea: two smoked salmon sushi rolls
pre-dinner: slice of cheesecake
Dinner: two servings of chicken and corn soup

Study: None :( oh mannn
Exercise: Taught class today? Ok, so that's not much

Singing: voice still screwed
Stretching: did a little in class today
Strengthening: none

Meow Meter:0.5/10 :( (0.5 because I did something at all)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
oh me too glitter! today was horrible

breakfast: scrambled eggs with rice tomato omellette thing
lunch: Oh gosh where to start! :s
half a friggen chicken, literally!, white rocky road, slurpy with ice cream on top, a bit of pork crackling, a bite of my friend's wrap
dinner: went to a 21st, such fab food! entre, main, desert.. it was fab! :D

HSC
N/A
Lynny still kinda wants to be a cat but questions whether she really wants this as the whole stretching thing is a bit of a bother... even though she's only done it once so far! - Day 4

The funny thing about today is I haven't had any one proper meal all day. lol.

Breakfast: Bacon and Egg mcmuffin (grabbed before jumping on train to dance class)
Afternoon Tea: Chicken and corn soup
Afternoon Tea2: duck pate and water crackers! (lots of)
Dinner: Lots of herb and garlic bread + chicken chippies

Study: Nada... again :/

Exercise: 2 hours of flamenco (yay promoted to Curso Dos and Tres now)

Singing: voice still screwed
Stretching: :/ ummmmm no?
Strengthening: just did pilates equivalent to 18 situps? lol..!

Meow Meter: 1/10 (0.5 for dancing/effort + 0.5 for minimal strengthening)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
breakfast: apple
lunch: multigrain sandwich with tomato, cheese, alphalpha sprouts, tuna
lunch2: marinated half a friggen chicken :d i know i know it sounds unhealthy but it was bbq'd and the marinade wasn't that much
dinner: went to a 21st so i had two sausages, half a piece of chicken, creamy pasta salad and crab salad, peice of lettuce lol slice of birthday cake, slice of omg to die for tolberone cheesecake, about 3-4 lollies

excercise: none i was at work the whole day

mserica

HSC
Okay I thought i better let you know, i have been missing in action for a while.. but now i am back and with the news that i cancelled my gym membership :( booo hooo i wish i kept it but i cant see how paying 89 dollars a month and hardly going helps me save for my overseas trip so i canned it..

Now i want to know some ideas to tone up for summer i have lost around 4kgs since this thread started and kept it off, however would like to stay in shape and after all i consume a lottt of chocolate - so hence i excercise to keep my chocolate weight off!!!

:)

as for study - stats is almost over if i fail i will be sooo annoyed!! ( i cant see myself doing all this again)

HSC
N/A
*crosses fingers for erica*

I have an idea. We all go for a week without our favourite food-related vice :D If we don't totally give it up, hopefully we learn to control our cravings for it?

I had a much longer response, but bos screwed up and lost it :(

In other news I'm trying to write more of my cul202 assessment but I have this headache and it's cramping my style. Both my bro and my mum have been really sick for the past week and a bit - I haven't got it, but over the last four days I've felt like I'm "pushing sick". I don't have sick symptoms, but I'm exhausted all the time and have been getting headaches far too often for my liking. Almost all of today I've felt like I had a head cold too :( (no sinus issues though)

I'm so uncomfortable and generally ":(" that I just want to cry, but it's not bad enough for that so I'm just curled up in my computer chair and holding my head, being really whingy and ":(" :( you know the feeling

Last edited:

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
okay, i'll give up cheesecake and slurpys and fried anything for a whole week :)

breakfast: bite of an apple
breakfast2: 2 weetbix, full cream milk, 2 sugars (had brekky at work, work doesn't buy skim :mad:, i bought some today for work though)
lunch: multigrain sandwich, can of tuna, alphalpha sprouts, cheese
snacks: 2 slices of cheese, 2 sugar free gums
dinner: pork crackling, half a cup of rice n fish
snack: gelato with chocolate topping

:s

excercise:none at work the whole day
study: none :s

HSC
N/A
Lynny thinks that if she were a cat, she'd be dead. - Day 5

"yay" I'm getting sicker. Headache. Exhaustion. Head cold/wooziness.

Breakfast: Bacon, egg, toast and a quarter of a grilled tomato
Lunch: Salmon sushi roll
Afternoon tea: Happy Hippo chocolate and rest of duck pate on mini toasts
Dinner: Gnocci in chicken bolognese sauce
snack: the rest of the mini toasts and several Guylian chocolates

Study: OMG LYNN ACTUALLY DID SOME UNI WORK TODAY! Worked on cul202 writing piece, of which I need to show some to class tomorrow for critique. I'm hoping it's entertaining but in my current state of mind I worry it's a bit disjointed, but I can't think straight enough to do anything about it tonight boo. Am glad that I've done uni work at all, though.

Exercise: None :(

Singing: Voice still isn't up to par
Stretching: none :( really was planning to do some, but then the headache hit in the afternoon and hasn't gone since (and I won't take any painkillers unless it gets unbearable)
Strengthening: none :(

Meow Meter: 0/10 :'(

HSC
N/A
Lynny wonders whether wanting to be a cat is just a cover up. Is it what she truly wants? Or is it just a working substitute for all the other things she worked towards (but fell apart in the end?)

Today is the only day since screwing my ankle where I've totally cracked it inside. It's also the only day I'm going to let myself cry. Time heals everything, but sometimes not fast enough... I hate this part of rehab. The part where you are reminded that you're stuck on the sidelines, when all your friends are out there participating in something you're supposed to be part of. When it's only an annual event and you haven't seen them in a year and a half due to the studio disbanding, it hurts like hell. I know I'll probably feel differently by the end of the week, but I would have given anything to have been able to dance yesterday.

(sorry for the emoness gals, I just really needed to write it somewhere)

Breakfast: Bacon and egg mcmuffin and a hash brown
Lunch: A smoked salmon sushi roll and a tuna one
Dinner: gnocci in bolognese sauce

Study: none
Exercise: none. I basically can't do anything other than walk and limited floorwork still. It's killing me.

Singing: Had singing lesson today. Voice/throat still hurts from last week, teacher has warned me about nodules (which means that if I'm like some other singer/dance teachers, I'll develop nodules from yelling, and then I have to have surgery and won't be able to sing for a few years. Yay?)
Stretching: 15mins stretching.
Strengthening: none

Meow Meter: 2/10

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
Lynny wants to be a cat that can still pass this semester! - Day 7

Ooohhh yeah. You know that moment when you've been thinking "oh this semester seems so easy..." and then you look at your calendar, cross-reference your Course Outline Assessment Dates, and realise you have to start working on end-of-semester assessments NOW? Welcome to my world ;)

Breakfast: Cup of milk, dammit need to buy some more sustagen because we're out
Lunch: Maxibon snack-size ice cream (YUMMY)
Afternoon Tea: Ham and cheese sandwich on wholemeal bread ($4.50? boo making them at home next time)
Dinner: Goose pate on crispbread as a side, butter chicken curry and naan
Dessert: another maxibon snack-size ice cream (YUMMY)

Study: Spent most of this evening sorting out a tentative work timetable for next year, as well as looking at next year's subjects/possible timetable. 5-6 contact hours a week?!!? eesh, it feels so little...
Exercise: Taught for 2 hours today. Also did stuff at the physio... still can't hop :/ boo

Singing: Letting voice rest (still not up to par yet), as I need it for tomorrow!!!
Stretching: none :(
Strengthening: none :(

Meow Meter: 0.5/10 (0.5 because I did something)

Last edited:

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
so much food yesterday

breakfast: 2 weetbix, skim milk, sugar
lunch: sandwich multigrain/cheese/alphalpha sprouts/steamed chicken
lunch2: fried rice with this chili mince stuff
lunch3: fruit salad
lunch4: apple

dinner: 2 crumbed but baked lemon chicken things and a baked sausage roll :s with tomato sauce :s

soooooo much food

study: none, went to uni, that counts
excercise: 40 mins of tae bo

HSC
N/A
Lynny wants to be a healthy cat! - Day 8

Was babysitting my next door neighbour's 2-yr-old today. After she got back, we were chatting about her job (a wellness franchise) and it was fascinating... I used to go to a naturopath a few years back (big big big thumbs up from me for alternate therapies), and she's into similar stuff but two huge steps ahead. They have this awesome filter thing, and I sampled it and it's so much "softer" than regular tap water. She tells me she uses it in cooking and gives it to her cat, too (wish my house had one, so cool!). Then there's this "Ciarga" juice which is a bit like the Immune Tonic I got from my naturopath - it's basically a potent mix of lots of good things, and a) you rarely get sick, and b) if you do you get over it A LOT quicker (wish my house had one, so cool!). She also talked about special sleep pad things with magnets in them (not the dud ones you buy off tv), and also told me all this stuff is avaliable for PETS TOO! (wish my house had some, so cool!)

My new resolution for the end of the year is to get REALLY healthy again. Once upon a time I used to take Immune Tonic and vitamin C powder twice a day, and had a pinprick blood test each month... was very very healthy back then. Would be good to get back into it :)

Oh, and I want to get one of those magnetic sleep pads for my dog Shadow. She used to be really good at Obedience and Agility tests before her knee screwed up (well, on top of the fact she hates human males in general), would be great to see her do it again :)

Breakfast: Skipped :/
Lunch: Skipped :/
Afternoon Tea: Orange and Poppyseed Muffin
Dinner: gnocci with bolognese sauce
Supper: Steak and mashed potatoes

Study: Went into library to get stuff for cul207 essay. Now have seemingly way too much information on Japanese cuteness. Also did some work on my cul202 story at babysitting (wow I've been productive today!!!)
Exercise: Ok, none :( I lose!

Singing: I actually did quite a lot of this today
Stretching: none...
Strengthening: If you count lugging a 2-yr-old around a house (he's pretty heavy), then yes? Why toddlers want you to carry them so much, I'll never know :(

Meow Meter: 1.5/10 (1 for singing + 0.5 for taking on Alastair's weight!)

Last edited:

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Breakfast: rice with chicken
lunch:gelato ice cream, sardines and tomato
dinner: steak with butter and bok choy
dinner2: oh crap i shouldn't have eaten this but i ate a cream bun with pizza bread

excercise: i went to the cemetary and ran around worked up a sweat??
study: 3 hours of i lectures

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
I need help MQ/HEALTHY people

I've officially GAINED 1.8kgs since my birthday! Arggh at first thought it was just period weight but i haven't got my period n e more and i just weighed myself and im always at my lightest in the morning and i've gained 1.8kgs!! officially gahhh

Help me! How do i gain focus again!?

HSC
N/A
Kepp posting girl! I find that posting up about my public shame helps to keep me in check... yes I have bad days and I reckon I have the worst self-discipline of anyone here, but lots of bad days in a row serves as an excellent reminder of what's going on and why :)

From what I recall you've been to lots of parties recently, so maybe that's not helping with the weight loss thing... and I reckon a treat here or there (like your cream bun) is ok ;) One must still work it off, though :( what's your exercise regime been like?

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
yehh its hard to focus! i've accepted that i'm never gonna lose weight just cuz i am sooo never gonna lose weight. i eat too much. but i gotta focus on not gaaiiining weight. i ate most of a big mac (it was sitting there staring at me!) and 2 milky ways today. and i still get sick too much, which means i still gotta eat healthier. ooh which reminds me... i was sooo sick last week and i couldn't eat so i lost a kg. it's not water weight cuz it's still gone! so even though it was a bad way to lose weight, its still gone lol. but it's coming back cuz i'd actually lost 1.5kg but then the kfc and chocolate and icecream came and yeh .... i cannot resist temptation lol. omg coconut roughs *drools*. ehh i sound like a pig

anywayz! i've starting treadmilling again (i stopped cuz i always felt tired and sick and i'd replaced it with extra sleep lol), and i've starting going swimming in the weekends and hopefully i can keep that up but i dunno cuz i'm scared of getting a tan (yes lame lol)

HSC
N/A
that weight you lost while you were sick was probably muscle mass :(

I always loose about a kilo when really sick. Then I have to work out to put it back on :(

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
but i have no muscle to lose lol. i'm a weak chubby lil asian.
and i kept doing my weights!
but yeh... my gut isn't exactly any smaller... but at least i went through a whole week with just one piece of chocolate. how proud was i of that! lol

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
hey thanx guys :)

I shall keep posting, we have to motivate each other because seeing you guys have bad days makes me non-shamed to post my bad days... thats why i like seeing good days

Glitter: my excercise regime has been so crap.. i've been so busy with 21sts, work, getting things ready for exchange... but that really is NO excuse and yeah I have been going to a lot of birthdays and where there is birthdays, there is food :( I'm going to two this weekend, but im thinking of giving the one tommorow a miss but the other one is dinner at pancakes and then clubbing=alcahol at booty bar... ive decided im not drinking... i remember back in the day when I HATED the days that i couldn't excercise and I would be going to the gym at least 4-5 days a week. I'm lucky to get one day in the gym :(

I'm going to find one of my previous posts to motivate me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)