• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

The MQ Get Healthy/Study Thread (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Re: The MQ weightloss/marks gain Support Thread!

handed cul202 today. Started cul207 tonight.

Is anyone other than me comfort eating like there's no tomorrow?

I had a doctor's app today, and she pulled out the scales. Routine check, but major >.< I don't wanna even SEE a set of scales until after exams!

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC

glitterfairy said:
handed cul202 today. Started cul207 tonight.

Is anyone other than me comfort eating like there's no tomorrow?

I had a doctor's app today, and she pulled out the scales. Routine check, but major >.< I don't wanna even SEE a set of scales until after exams!
yes me glitter :( lol

breakfast: rice with sausage and fish sauce and a tomato
lunch: multigrain sandwich with chicken/cucumber/cheese
lunch2:rogan josh with white rice
dinner: multigrain sandwich with chicken/cucumber/cheese

excercise: 25 mins on cross trainer (300 calories burnt)
study: i went to uni and highlighted a week's worth of stuff for psy235

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC

today was like mega mega hungry day
my tummy just went grumbly and i just ate almonds and 2 cornettos. thats right. 2 cornettos! at 11pm! they tasted weird but after one, the guilty feeling of badbad icecream and pretty packaging just made me want more! one of them was the tim tam one =|
anyhooz.. gonna go work them off now

HSC
N/A

ooh timtam cornetto, sounds yummy

My diet is nonexistent during exam period (I consider it already started, since I've had to work muchly since last week even :( so many things due first week of examination period!)

Trying to work on the stupidest arts200 question I've ever seen atm

golden retriever puppy sleeping on floor. New family coming to pick up puppy in a few days :(

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC

yesterday

breakfast: omellette and home made pizza yummmm
lunch: chips and sausage
dinner: berrynice yoghurt from maccas and some leftover rice/josh rogan

HSC
N/A

- Lynn types muchly because she hasn't been able to speak all day and feels the urge to communicate :p -

today has been swell. And I mean that in both the sarcastic and positive senses.

I had a sore throat last night (was pushing my singing voice a lot that day, so figured it was to be expected. But then, when I woke up this morning I felt awful. Constantly felt like throwing up, zero voice, muscles all cramped in neck and shoulders, dizzy/pounding headache/extremely sore throat (the kind where it hurts to swallow anything) and so on. Had a bit of a fainting spell too (everything started going dim and I couldn't feel my legs) luckily I was only a few metres from my bed so got there just before I collapsed. And then I spent most of this morning in bed, feeling awful and not really feeling strong enough to get out of bed :p

Managed to pull myself together enough to drive to uni (really really needed to get a book in special reserve) and to go to a meeting. You know how it feels when you're so drained of strengh you're not even sure if you can open the car door or put one foot in front of the other? It's been like that basically all day for me.

I still have no voice, screwed up muscles, some dizziness and headache, but have taken a Herron so the edge has been taken off it. Am going to nap for a bit, then will go back to cul essay

Breakfast: four cashew nuts
Lunch: five almonds (from Sam Shop)
Afternoon tea: three sao biscuits and some more almonds (have suspicion that if I have anything other than dry biscuits/nuts/water, I will throw it up later :/)
dinner: pending (expecting more dry stuff)

HSC
N/A

haha i think the stress has got to everyone

Mum came home with ribs (from Gordon, best ribs place in Sydney I reckon), lindt chocolate, and this King Island Cream belgian chocolate dessert. I had about five bites of the rib, some chips and a few baby rocket leaves :( I can't eat the rest because I'm sick!

I hate being sick muchly. I haven't been able to do any uni work all day because I've either been in bed feeling miserable, or lying on the floor not being able to move :( Wasn't able to go to work (still no voice and pretty dizzy), and have been pronounced "unfit" to go to dance class tomorrow by my mum. Boo. She's taking me to the doc though. :)

Fooding: some crispbread, an egg, some almonds...plus those few bites of abovementioned rib/chips/baby rocket
Study: have been trying desperately to get back to assessments, am going to grab a glass of water and try really hard after this
Exercise: rode the bike for a few mins at physio (much love for my physio - she lets me sleep whilst she works on my ankle, if I'm really tired, or like today - sick)

Last edited:

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC

i had work today and now i can't stop playing my guitar
ahhh no study!

edit:

lindt chocolate, and this King Island Cream belgian chocolate dessert.

OMG CHOCOLATE
sounds soooo good

Last edited:
HSC
N/A

quick, run to my house before I eat it :( I know I shouldn't, but.. chocolate! procrastination! you know how it goes ;)

Oh and I actually did some exercise today, I remember now. I took puppy for a walk. Puppy is going to new home tomorrow though :( If I could find the camera I'd take a photo, but I can't. Awww I'm going to miss her fluffiness....

EDIT: Just had a few spoonfuls of spaghetti bolognese (closest thing to chicken soup we have in the house. Man I would kill for chicken soup right now, even that cup-o-soup kind). Now the smell of the rest just makes me nauseous. Yay.

Have done an extra 133 words on ARTS200. Not really with it, might sleep now and hope things are better tomorrow. On the bright side, I think I have my essay cut out for me (have already written out quotes and written notes about how to talk about them)

Last edited:

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC

breakfast: home made pizza but i only ate one slice instead of my usual two, it was yuk coz i put boiled egg on it ewww

lunch: sardines and a tomato lol im weird yes i know and a kit kat

dinner: peice of chocolate birthday mudcake and chips coz i just went to another 21st

excercise: none
study: err read one chapter

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

Breakfast: nothing, was too busy fixing up MUS203.

Lunch: Salmon/Avocado Sushi roll.

Dinner: A few (like 6-7 :p) slices of pizza

HSC
N/A

chicken soup cravings have begun. Me has sent mum out on a 'Cup-o-soup' shopping expedition. *nods*

oh and I gave into my cravings and had one of the lindt chocolates last night. Ohh so nice... it was filled with that chocolate ganache stuff that melts in your mouth...

and puppy goes home today :(

EDIT: puppy gone :'( hugs were had and tears were shed, and puppy had to be physically picked up and shoved into the car (she didn't want to go in)

Screw the throat, I need comfort food. *opens up the king island cream belgian chocolate thing* tastes like chocolate panna cotta

Last edited:
HSC
N/A

Study: I think I did 700 words of arts today (halfway through 2800 word essay). Wanted to finish today, but it's not happening
Just re-opened cul207, currently at 1653/2500, going through all sources and would like to hit 2000... then maybe finish tomorrow, then finish arts the day after that? then I can hand them both in tuesday! (and start work on cul202 that night!)

Health: Much better than previous two days, but still have screwed up throat (read: difficulty and significant pain even when not AND when swallowing liquids :/) and no voice. Am drinking water basically non-stop to speed up healing process!!! Oh, am also developing a cough. Am resisting urge to cough as much as possible.

Fooding: A few bites of kfc, some pate on crispbread, a small bowl of rice porridge with chicken mince in it... and LOTS of chicken cup-o-soup. I've gone through 6 since midday... only two left. It's my lifesaver, I swear! Such warm, easily swallow-able chicken-y goodness. Must get more tomorrow (maybe four boxes instead of two?).

I'm fully aware it's probably little more than chicken stock with some preservatives thrown in (or whatever they do to 'just add boiling water' things these days) but oh, it's heaven for me atm...

Last edited:

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC

long time no post

TODAY:

Oh gosh i had like 10 jam tartlets, lots of lolly sugary things

Breakfast: 3 egg omellete filled to capacity with mushrooms/spring onion/ tomato ... almost died eating most of it

Lunch: fried egg/ about 3 frank furts and carb grains

Dinner: half a sandwich and about 4 slices of cheese

Excercise: 10 minutes of running and about 10 minutes of leg pully uppy things
Study: hrrrm.... not that much now that i think about it... like 2 chapters :\ shittt :S:S

*hopeful*

HSC

i had an omellete too at lunch, but just a 1 egg one with no extras.

i havent exercised in agesssss and i've put on weight :) i shall resume healthy living after exams

HSC
N/A

It's only been three days since my last post, and yet it feels like weeks :/

Fooding: I haven't really been eating full meals for the past few days, mainly because I physically haven't been able to (either made me nauseous, or my throat was too sore to swallow much). Chicken Noodle Cup-a-soup (only 45c a serve, how cool is that? so tasty and 99% fat free) and any other kind of soup is the current "in" thing for my stomach, at the moment ;)

Study: ARTS200 - read sources thoroughly, wrote up quotes, organised them and figured out my essay structure
CUL207 - technically I finished it last night, but after emailing my tutor decided to go through and rework it. Finished up referencing, just printed off :)

it sounds like I haven't done that much today, but I've actually been working since I work up :/ After a little soup break, I'm going to go back to ARTS200 and start writing a bit before sleep. :)

Exercise: None ;)

Last edited:
HSC
N/A

grr ok sickness making me pissed off

mum bought home this chicken pasta for dinner. Now, it's one of my favourite foods and I will normally eat LOTS of it. But today? Oh no. The mere smell of it makes me nauseous. :angryface:

luckily mum also bought some potatos in cream. It also makes me feel a bit queasy, but not half as badly. After a week of basically only eating soup, I'm dying for something the remotely resembles solid food :/

Kegs

HSC

Eat a spoon. They dont smell too bad, their taste is a little like when you bit your lip and they come in all sizes. Also good for anemia (i spelt that wrong, didnt I).

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC

i haven't been eating meals either. i can't really eat a lot at a time. but i've been snacking heeeeaaappss

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC

is it normal to eat then get soooo sleepy and then just like fall asleep in the middle of nowhere and wake up with a throbbing headache? like full throbbing.... arggghh! i was sitting on the floor and then my head just dropped forward (weirdest position ever.. i was stretching in my sleep! lol) and the next thing i know i was waking up, and then i turned my head and dropped and fell asleep on my laptop. (i study on the floor)
and this happens soooo much.

anyhooz... no study done cuz i was sleeping all day. also, i ate a lot of shit like fried rice, toffee, sweet william chocolate.. and other slightly healthier stuff
however, i WILL treadmill tonight. not now cuz my dad and his friends are sitting around drinking beer in the room, on the sofas facing the treadmill.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)