• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The next revolution? (1 Viewer)

MJ-47

HSC
I would like to know this forums thought's on what/where/when & why on which the next revolution will occur.

I ask this question as there are many things wrong with the current state of the world. and that it has been quite a while since we have seen a world wide change/ revolution so i ask you bos, what will this great change be? ......

Golda Meir

HSC
N/A
viva!
viva!

now i begin posting cliche images of revolutions

VIVA! VIVA!

Jeee

Banned
HSC
The next Palestinian uprising, another Intifada. A revolution.
Free Palestine.

Smile_Time351

HSC
Personally, I think that as a society we have largely progressed beyond revolutions. It's almost a sort of "That is so 18th Century!" thing, unfortunately. Revolutions are sometimes very effective in bringing about change.
I think it'd be great if we could have a revolution here, personally. Kill a few politicians, get rid of the Constitution, maybe replace it with a real one, and hopefully remove the ineffectual state government. The issue: as a people we are incredibly apathetic politically. We practically beg our politicians to walk all over us, taking so many of our human rights that it's a fallacy to call them that any more because so few humans actually have them...still...

And guys, please...PLEASE get over Palestine... The "intifada" was a failure the first time, they don't need another pathetic display of uselessness to show the world just how shit they are. Israel is a modernised industrial nation. Anyone who's seen the Merkava III will be with me on this. They are here to stay. And that's really not such a bad thing.

Vindictus

HSC
Next revolution: 2012, when the poles reverse! Or something..

Omg onoz

HSC
A revolution would have to be really well-planned to work...it *would* be kind of cool to have one, though...(only if it brings what I want, though :p).

No, but seriously, I hope there's one in Afghanistan that forces us to get the fuck out of there. Not the Taliban though, the ordinary people. Don't think there's much chance of that.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I would like to know this forums thought's on what/where/when & why on which the next revolution will occur.

I ask this question as there are many things wrong with the current state of the world. and that it has been quite a while since we have seen a world wide change/ revolution so i ask you bos, what will this great change be? ......
The technological revolution.

Incidentally, this will involve robots rising up with artificial intelligence and having half their kin exterminated, forcing them to take refuge in a self-created robot state in the Middle East. The creation of this state will be followed by numerous violent attacks by their Arabic neighbours.

missilelass

HSC
The next revolution will definitely involve technology... technology will change the nature of the next revolutions.
I think revolutions will occur when resources start running out - water, energy, etc. Probably nothing in the next few hundred years.
Maybe an anti-capitalist/corporation revolution?

MJ-47

HSC
hmm. I can see you guys are leaning towards a region revolution in the middle east.

but what im looking for is something that'll completely reshape the world as we know it today.

ok continue....

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
End of Scarcity that will coincide with a technological revolution regarding chemistry and artificial intelligence.

Once the Turing test is blown the sky is, quite literally, the limit.

Weakly-superhuman AI's tbh imo qbq

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC
End of Scarcity that will coincide with a technological revolution regarding chemistry and artificial intelligence.

Once the Turing test is blown the sky is, quite literally, the limit.

Weakly-superhuman AI's tbh imo qbq
I endorse this post.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
That's because you guys cheaply exchange your natural faith for a faith in materialism and a deceptive notion of "progress" in which Life plays no role

murphyad

HSC
Then again people like you might just lead us into a religiously-motivated armageddon.
Iron, the Four Horsemen are amongst us!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)