• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Notorious B.I.G VS Tupac (1 Viewer)

robbie1

HSC
this is pretty impressive....

Tupac Amaru Shakur (June 16, 1971–September 13, 1996) was an American hip hop artist, poet and actor. He is listed in the Guinness Book of World Records as the best-selling rap/hip-hop artist ever, having sold 67 million albums worldwide (mostly posthumously), including 37 million in the United States alone, and has had 17 Top Ten singles in the U.S. He is consistantly ranked by fans, critics and industry insiders as one of the greatest rappers of all time.

however....

Biggie is widely celebrated as one of the all time greatest hip-hop artists. His lyrics have been sampled by many of today's more famous names in hip hop, such as Jay-Z, Fat Joe, 50 Cent, Nelly, Pharell Williams, Snoop Dogg, Juelz Santana, Busta Rhymes, and even R & B stars such as Usher, Alicia Keys, and Ashanti. In 2001, elite hip-hop magazine The Source crowned him as the greatest MC of all time. Likewise in 2003, when XXL Magazine asked many elite names in hip hop who they felt was the top 5 rappers of all time, Biggie's named appeared on more rappers' lists than any other MC. During Canibus's 1998 feud with LL Cool J, Canibus responded to LL Cool J's claim to be the greatest rapper of all time on the song Second Round K.O. by saying "the greatest rapper of all time died on March 9th.", which was the day Biggie died

overall, biggie > 2pac

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
redruM said:
Ready To Die as an album doesn't compare to anything I have heard from Tupac.

Biggie never dissed Tupac.

Biggie's flow shits over any of Tupac's qualities.

because they haven't heard anything from Biggie.

Biggie > Tupac.

that's not true

they've heard:

one more chance remix
hypnotize
big poppa
juicy
mo money mo problems
and 'that song with bone thugs'

:D

oh and of course, that cool NeW song with those unreleased biggie verses 'nasty girl' kekeke

oh and they bought the duets album off the strength of that single but didnt like the songs with newcomers 'mobb deep' and 'T.I :p....they liked the beats though coz ThEy soUND GooD In DeR Bf"s SyZtEm Kekekikkles

Last edited:

Monstar

HSC
B.I.G was the better Lyricist, Tupac had alot of emotion and resulted in listeners connecting and relating to him better...

I myself prefer BIG.. dude was so sick and he was so smooth

darek_arsenal

HSC
JoeMK said:
i got respect for hiphophooray, but dark-arsenal... i laugh at u

Dark-arsenal
you put Kanyewest at the top of ur list?
ok dude is nice.. one of da hottest our rite now.. but he aint stood the test of time yet as a rapper.
Lyrically (not musically), latereg is already a flop comparing it wiv the Collegedropout.

kanye at the moment is definatly one of my top5 as a CURRENT artist, but in no way in my alltime. Kanye is the top 1 producer.. that's why it all sounds so good... but try listening to a kanye acapella over a generic underground beat :lol:
same thing with the game at number 4, he aint stood the test of time yet

u should listen to mos def, talib , jay-z, common , rakim, icecube... maybe then they'll make your list

and faboulous.....:jaw: u kidding right?
Oy man, why say all this shit for...kanye has been my favourite ever before he hit mainstream music....i started listening to his work jus before his accident and he was my 2nd fav after Biggie, but now his my favourite....

and what u talking about man, the lyrics are way better in late registration then what they are in College Dropout....college dropout lyrics were like ordinary rap lyrics, but these have more meaning...

u mite be right about the game not standing the test of time, but i reckon kanye will...

and ive listened to all those rappers, and got all of Jay-z, Common albums, and got all Talibs albums and mixtapes and all three make my top 10, but Ice Cube not really, im not into west-coast rap

and whats wrong with fabolous, his mad

darek_arsenal

HSC
redruM said:
Ready To Die as an album doesn't compare to anything I have heard from Tupac.

Biggie never dissed Tupac.

Biggie's flow shits over any of Tupac's qualities.

I hate people who disregard Biggie because they haven't heard anything from Biggie.

Biggie > Tupac.
AMEN

darek_arsenal

HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
that's not true

they've heard:

one more chance remix
hypnotize
big poppa
juicy
mo money mo problems
and 'that song with bone thugs'

:D

oh and of course, that cool NeW song with those unreleased biggie verses 'nasty girl' kekeke

oh and they bought the duets album off the strength of that single but didnt like the songs with newcomers 'mobb deep' and 'T.I :p....they liked the beats though coz ThEy soUND GooD In DeR Bf"s SyZtEm Kekekikkles

Sorri, but those lyrics from Nasty Girl aren't unreleased, they come from the Life After Death Album CD 2, under the song Nasty Boy lol....have a listen....and u forgot Unfoolish in ur list, everyone has heard that....and they would have heard parts of fuck u 2nite feat R-Kelly

Last edited:

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
darek_arsenal said:
Sorri, but those lyrics from Nasty Girl aren't unreleased, they come from the Life After Death Album CD 2, under the song Nasty Boy lol....have a listen....and u forgot Unfoolish in ur list, everyone has heard that....and they would have heard parts of fuck u 2nite feat R-Kelly

umm i was being sarcastic dude (notice the 'kekekek' and BiMbO WrItInG) i own both of his actual albums, didnt both with born again but dl'd it, same with duets (beef, spit yo game and breaking old habits and watchu want are good)

unfoolish is just ashanti using B.I.G in a remix of her song 'foolish' to add credibility.

and yeah i forgot about 'fuckin you tonight' but i love that song :)

JoeMK

HSC
darek_arsenal said:
Oy man, why say all this shit for...kanye has been my favourite ever before he hit mainstream music....i started listening to his work jus before his accident and he was my 2nd fav after Biggie, but now his my favourite....

and what u talking about man, the lyrics are way better in late registration then what they are in College Dropout....college dropout lyrics were like ordinary rap lyrics, but these have more meaning...

u mite be right about the game not standing the test of time, but i reckon kanye will...

and ive listened to all those rappers, and got all of Jay-z, Common albums, and got all Talibs albums and mixtapes and all three make my top 10, but Ice Cube not really, im not into west-coast rap

and whats wrong with fabolous, his mad
allright
sorry for coming at u like this.. but u been pushing around other dudes for like BIG better than Pac.. u cant say BIG "Shits" on pac, the difference isnt THAT great ...dont matter anywayz

yeh, i'ma kanye fan myself and ive been so for a long time.. i first heard of him on jay's Dynasty album.. he produced "this cant be life" one of my fav songs... but seriously dont know bout best rapper.. he does touch people when he makes songs about his family, mother and grandmother.. and when he talks about social issues facing the race... but nothing keeps him from rapping about his favorite two subjects:
1. Himself
2. His weed

darek_arsenal

HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
umm i was being sarcastic dude (notice the 'kekekek' and BiMbO WrItInG) i own both of his actual albums, didnt both with born again but dl'd it, same with duets (beef, spit yo game and breaking old habits and watchu want are good)

unfoolish is just ashanti using B.I.G in a remix of her song 'foolish' to add credibility.

and yeah i forgot about 'fuckin you tonight' but i love that song :)
Sorri lol, i actually own life after death when it got released...i was only 7, but my sis got it for me (weird present ay)....

darek_arsenal

HSC
JoeMK said:
allright
sorry for coming at u like this.. but u been pushing around other dudes for like BIG better than Pac.. u cant say BIG "Shits" on pac, the difference isnt THAT great ...dont matter anywayz

yeh, i'ma kanye fan myself and ive been so for a long time.. i first heard of him on jay's Dynasty album.. he produced "this cant be life" one of my fav songs... but seriously dont know bout best rapper.. he does touch people when he makes songs about his family, mother and grandmother.. and when he talks about social issues facing the race... but nothing keeps him from rapping about his favorite two subjects:
1. Himself
2. His weed
Lol.....well u cant be not up urself when ur at his position....

7th Sign

HSC
JoeMK said:
its not hard to see why they are compared:

they were both the hottest in 94-96
they had beef
they both died in the same year
they are from different coasts, in the heart of the westcoast/eastcoast fued
they are constantly on people's top 3 list
and one's FAT and one's skinny

OMG I hate idiots like you who try and compare biggie and 2pac get over it this was a hot fucking topic in the year 2000!!!!!!!!!!!half your facts are wrong any way it shows how much u know about pac and biggie...my advice go and get a tupac of a biggie doco and learn some shit about them, because boy I know my info on them and I dont even listen to their music any more it was hot in like 2001 now its regarded as classis you look like a dickhead if you roll up to lights with claifornia love playing!!!!!...Also their fucking families and friends dont even compare them as rappers, get over this fucking topic its been gone over 100s of times and you would get fucking banned if you went on a rap forum and started this shit aggain!!!!!!!people are SICK OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Purp|e said:
i dont even like this kinda music that much at all ...

but anyone who thinks tupac > the notorious B.I.G. is a faggot. :)
can you justify that with a objective explanation?

JoeMK

HSC
7th Sign said:
OMG I hate idiots like you who try and compare biggie and 2pac get over it this was a hot fucking topic in the year 2000!!!!!!!!!!!half your facts are wrong any way it shows how much u know about pac and biggie...my advice go and get a tupac of a biggie doco and learn some shit about them, because boy I know my info on them and I dont even listen to their music any more it was hot in like 2001 now its regarded as classis you look like a dickhead if you roll up to lights with claifornia love playing!!!!!...Also their fucking families and friends dont even compare them as rappers, get over this fucking topic its been gone over 100s of times and you would get fucking banned if you went on a rap forum and started this shit aggain!!!!!!!people are SICK OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
when did i say i like to compare them?.. i said that it is not hard to see why they are constantly compared

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Purp|e said:
i dont even like this kinda music that much at all ...

but anyone who thinks tupac > the notorious B.I.G. is a faggot. :)
matty c knows the score forel

JoeMK

HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
and that he is on my favourite freestyle of all time - the one with big L - 7 min freestyle
oh man !!! i luv that freestyle
thats the one where that goes "as soon as i grab it, i eat it up like a savage" and the one where BigL concludes his verse "All i got for bitches is hard dick and bubble gum!"

illmatic

NaS
HSC
to bring this argument back to life;

tupac was a much more versatile rapper than biggie. you dont have to have all these wild similes, metaphors etc to be such a sick mc - dont confine the characteristics of a great rapper to lyricism

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)