The offical EE2 bitch and procastination thread (2 Viewers)

Jayphen

super disco breakin'
HSC
I'm at about 400 words, which seems to be the average for our class. Actually, I started over today - and I'm glad I did. I already like what I have written down now alot more than what I did have. I'm now just hoping for a spontaneous stream of literary brilliance.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
jusdorange said:
why don't you drop it?

sorry, not meaning to sound rude, but it's really not worth the anguish! hope you feel better about it soon :)
Well that does sound a little rude to me. I know its not worth the anguish but thats just the way I do things. I'm totally melodramatic. I would never drop EE2!! No matter how hard it is sometimes, I love the course and I love my topic. Right now i'm just not to fond of it.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
right. well. my turn to write in here. I think that not many people understand my story, they think it is about me and hence think i should be put in some kind of mental institution. It is a very disjointed piece of writing and im just trying to get to the word limit so i can finally start editing. Im about halfway through so about 4000 words. Every week our teacher is expecting another 'instalment' of our mw's, and each and every week i do it the night before, hence why the thing is a hunk of shit. Everyone goes on about how they're mw is their 'baby' and they dont want to send it away etc etc etc but right now i couldnt give it a shit if someone burnt down my house and it got burnt. haha ok im done.. its not really that bad but anyway

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
I hate research....it is sooo boring.

Almost at 4500 words...its a load of crap but oh well.

Our report is soon. I'm freaking out over it cause my work is crap but at the same time i'm glad no more EE2 assessments!

clairebear

"oh go back to supre"
HSC
i can't comprehend how you can hate a subject that is such a bludge!
i love ee2, because i finished my first draft in early march (our teacher accidently gave us that date a month too early...) so now i sit around for an hour and a half every week and vomit out the useless garb that will be my reflection statement.

but then again i love ee2 because i HATE ee1.

Postmodernism can go experience every horrible obscenity anyone has ever hoped upon anything.

Let it be known that postmodernism is the devil himself (of course its not female how dare you even think that...) and will suffer for all eternity in it's own repulsive pool of damnation at the end of the earth, and have only 'The French Lieutenant's Woman' for company.

Grrrr.

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
I like my major work. Composing is fun. Having to research is absolute bullshit. I'm writing poetry dammit! There's nothing to friggin' research. ANd i hate having to stay behind after school for 2 hours a week as well. I could be using that time to sleep somewhere comfortable instead of sitting with my nose pressed against the desk. AARRGGHHH!!!

black_man

Chuck lives here
HSC
666_blessings said:
I like my major work. Composing is fun. Having to research is absolute bullshit. I'm writing poetry dammit! There's nothing to friggin' research. ANd i hate having to stay behind after school for 2 hours a week as well. I could be using that time to sleep somewhere comfortable instead of sitting with my nose pressed against the desk. AARRGGHHH!!!

If you did not conduct any research into poetry, you would have no technical proficiency with which to write. although poetry is a very personal form of expression, and hence it may seem that little technical parameters are involved, poetry is a correlation with the written word and the universe, and hence the style or form of poetry should be something to look into, especially because we're marked on the ability to present a sustained composition and display technical proficiency. I can safely say my research began on day one and will finish on august 23 (or whenever the work is due).

i'm pretty envious of you too, i wish i could have 2 hours a week to talk about my ext. 2 work, over the last 3 weeks i've had about 10 minutes with my teacher.

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
I find that reading guides to writing poetry don't help at all. Much more efficient to read the works of other poets because you can pick up style as well as some ideas to write about. T.S Eliot and Seamus Heaney rock!

black_man

Chuck lives here
HSC
666_blessings said:
I find that reading guides to writing poetry don't help at all. Much more efficient to read the works of other poets because you can pick up style as well as some ideas to write about. T.S Eliot and Seamus Heaney rock!
yeah, reading guides or anything like that doesnt really push my buttons either. I'm more talking about techniques and things though, like understanding how structure, syntax or connotations of words affect a work or something like that. learning more about that enables you to manipulate the form and create the desired feeling in a much more intrinsic sort of fashion, and that is the sort of understanding and craftsmanship the markers might be looking for i think.

Alaranth

I SO wish I'd done a story. I like video better, but a story is so much easier to work on! U just sit down with a pen and GO, while with video, I need to hire the camera, organize my actors, find a time with lots of free time, make sure the weather is ok, IT STINKS!!!

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
No more procastination!! I'm going to finish my work!! I have 5 days off and i'm going to use them! So then i can begin the process of uncrapping and prepare for my report..so much stuff to do!

Jayphen

super disco breakin'
HSC
6000-7000 words to write, and 2.5 months to write them in :p
and that's only the first draft! eek

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
We can be the deperados! Desperately writing till the last moment lol....
*raises hand...I have only written around a thousand words...*
I do have one saving grace though...my journal is in the vicinity of 70 thousand words, and I have started on my Reflection too.

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
kami said:
*raises hand...I have only written around a thousand words...*
I do have one saving grace though...my journal is in the vicinity of 70 thousand words, and I have started on my Reflection too.
Good on you for writing a reflection on something you haven't written yet. I've got about as many words for my poetry and should probably start doing the same thing.

black_man

Chuck lives here
HSC
i'm not sure how difficult it is to write a short story, but perhaps its a little bit harder to sort of sit yourself down and begin to write. would it be worth maybe waiting until something would really have a profound effect on you to begins wriiting? it know i've talked to art students who have similar problems in the sense that they can experience periods of trouble in attempting to create anything, and then a brief period of creative inspiration instigated by something. I'm not sure what might be able to give you creative inspiration, have you tried reading other authors?

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
black_man said:
i'm not sure how difficult it is to write a short story, but perhaps its a little bit harder to sort of sit yourself down and begin to write. would it be worth maybe waiting until something would really have a profound effect on you to begins wriiting? it know i've talked to art students who have similar problems in the sense that they can experience periods of trouble in attempting to create anything, and then a brief period of creative inspiration instigated by something. I'm not sure what might be able to give you creative inspiration, have you tried reading other authors?
I'm doing a critical response so I don't really have that many problems with the actual writing bit or 'creative process' as other people might doing plays, stories etc its just the whole thing of just sitting down and writing. I feel like everything I write is horrilbe and uninspired.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)