The offical EE2 bitch and procastination thread (2 Viewers)

black_man

Chuck lives here
HSC
it's ok, charles said in his interview that if there wasnt really a struggle in this course then you wouldnt really have a product that has been critically edited and refined, and doing a critical response, it should be ok. if anything, coming out of all of your other committments might prove somewhat of a liberating influence in the sense that you may be accustomed to writing extended responses in history, economics, english etc. that might be able to have you thinking in such a mindset that your ideas for your critical response might be sort of more coherent.

one way or another, i'm not entirely sure have universal the application of the principle is, but largely i'd find that there's a certain level of detachment that needs to be obtained, for me at least, to be able to compose anything substantial, and to effectively express myself, so maybe if you leave the response for a period of time you might gain a little bit more of an objective view of it, or perhaps wait for when you feel more compelled to continue writing.

i'm not sure what would work best for you, but if you want something to take your mind off your work at this stage, you could try reading, or listening to music, or drawing, or some compositional creative outlet.

Abbeygale

HSC
Sweets, I feel like that pretty regularly. It'll pass.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to write a reflection statement, which is due tomorrow (we have two Viva Voces, and for our second we have to present a draft RS). I've written a vague outline/draft. So far I've lied three times, and I feel like a pretentious wanker.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Ok no more freakouts and complaining. I'm going to finish this weekend and then start my report which will be the basis for my Reflection Statement. So why am I sitting here doing nothing? :rolleyes:

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
look at it this way amoz, everyone else is equally dead so your ranks wont be stuffed up too much, and this gives you oodles more free time to spend on your major work.

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
No one else is on msn! they're all studying

i think im the only one in the morgue

yes. oodles of time to do 2 major works meh

- waiting for two more episodes of seinfeld to finish d/ling-

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Ugggh I have my report on Monday and I am officially having a breakdown! My work has no structure its just a pastiche of negative vibes. Adding this I have a stupid adv assessment on Tuesday and then the 2nd part of my report on Wednesday. Just fucking fabulous.

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
all my exams this week are either worth 25, 40 or 35% and my econs textbook hasn't been opened for quite a few months now. [gathering dustmites]

look on the bright side!

HSC
N/A
Stay calm guys... all your EE2 "bits" will come together when you start your first full reworking (although you also have to finish your first full draft to get to this part).

Just keep working solidly on everything until then - keep everything in perspective, take it one day at a time. Stay calm, and if you need to unwind - come to BOS. Don't let the system make you cry!

^^ You may shake your fist and utter nasty names towards the evil that is called the hsc AFTER you graduate ;)

monique66

OutOfOrder said:
I just started my whole EE2 all over again.... probably not a very smart idea
omg..why?
i just picked up my major work journal and the last entry was almost a month ago to the day...
these hols i am getting down to business

OutOfOrder

HSC
damnation said:
omg..why?
Haha because i found another idea i liked better. I'm still using the same characters though, so hopefully it wont take too long to write.
I finished my first draft about a month ago, but ever since then i've been changing it when i've had time, but now i don't really like it anymore, so i'm writing a whole new one. i'm about halway right now!

damnation said:
i just picked up my major work journal and the last entry was almost a month ago to the day...
these hols i am getting down to business
I don't fill out entries in my journal... I'm just planning on pasting stuff in and writing crap in it when its due.

J

jhakka

Either that or you could call it nasty names now, and work hard just to be spiteful.

I any case, if you're really desperate for lots of words (short story-wise), work out:
-Some main events that will push everything along
-Settings you want to use
-Main characters

If you have a basic plan that you'll stick to loosely, and then sit and write for a few hours (don't delete anything you write unless you have something better to replace it or you want to go in a different direction). Set yourself a daily quota. I managed 5000-6000 words in a day because I decided I was sick of not having a first draft to work with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)