• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The offical EE2 bitch and procastination thread (1 Viewer)

black_man

Chuck lives here
HSC
oh, gosh, i'm sorry, i didnt mean to make you feel like that, i'll try and not to assume as much in future, i'm really sorry

HSC
N/A
*hugs*

Just chill my ducks - working on the one thing for a long period of time is guarenteed to drive anyone insane, including writers. Take breaks, clear the head, that sort of thing.

Oh and by the way - say hello to your new EE2 moderator, jhakka ;)

*applauds*

miaomiao

HSC
N/A
Airness said:
Is it normal to sit in front of your story for a week and type like 1 line? =)
Its normal for me....
*curls into foetal position and cries*

I'm at the stage where I just want it to be over; give less and less of a crap each day about what mark I get for it- once I hand in my story i never want to lay eyes on it again.

monique66

*Sigh* This subject draws passionate fits of rage and happiness from my eyes...such is it...i feel as though sometimes i want to force feed my MW to a polar bear at the zoo and sometimes i feel that i want to lock it up away and never submit it to the Board of Studies...actually i feel in a creative mood right now...has anybody else notied that you can write in big chucks when you feel good but when you want to start chopping it up into small pieces and hidding it in pot plants around your house you can't seem to write anymore?

Oh and congrats Justin *applauds* :)

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
damnation said:
...has anybody else notied that you can write in big chucks when you feel good but when you want to start chopping it up into small pieces and hidding it in pot plants around your house you can't seem to write anymore?
yes yes!!! I was always so secretive when writing my major work... I was always waiting to be home alone where then and only then i could be happy and enjoy the freedom of writing from the heart...

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Well my inital goal was to finish before I was 17 (Monday). Seeing that has passed, I will attempt to finish by Sunday and then proceed to start studying for my trials :uhhuh:

HSC
N/A
Stay cool guys, we all go through phases. :)

May I say that after doing EE2, you are never quite the same? lol.

Work when you know you can - and if it's not working one way, try another. Bashing head repeatedly against brick wall = headache. By the same token, working with subject matter very close to your heart is neither easy nor "light" (for want of a better word). With stuff like this, you can't force it to work sometimes... you just have to let it come as it is. That being said... ok, about to go off on a tangent.

I know I've said this so many times, but starting is always the hardest. At times when you write the good stuff, the first 200-500 words you write might be STUPID. Really, really stupid. But then, your next 500 words might be gold...

A lot of people tend to give up after the first 100 words or so. Unless you're struck by earth-shattering mood swings, divine inspiration, coffee, illegal "recreational" drugs that you REALLY shouldn't be taking, or similar, you're not going to write "the really good stuff" first time. Nor will you tend to write "really good stuff you never have to edit" the first time either.

Sometimes forcing yourself a bit can help - sometimes the act of writing can actually get you into the right mood to write, if you will it so. Watch yourself - your good writing times will tend to fall in patterns. Maybe just before you go to bed, just after you've had an interview with your EE2 teacher (this was my EE2 motivator), just after you have a good chat with one of your friends, in the bathtub (I did this too...), after reading a book... take advantage of these times.

Writing ability will not manifest itself just because it can (same thing goes for your major work). It is something that develops over time and with effort on your behalf.

If nothing else, give yourself half an hour each day where you do nothing else but *think* about your major work, about current issues, your characters, how you want it to go, how the plot will work, that sort of think. If you get flashes of inspiration here, write it down! Don't sit at the computer with nothing - you'll just sit there and wait for an msn message to pop up, or look outside the window. If the computer's distracting, or a hindrance (some people also find it easier to hand-write stories. I did, and wrote some of my MW on paper before typing it up. You get a different flow to it) then don't sit there and do nothing - go somewhere else where you *will* do something. It may not involve typing, but remember: A lot more of your MW goes on in your head than it does on the computer. We're always thinking, thinking, thinking... :)

Write on!

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
my idea came to me in the shower =) ....which is actually kind of disturbing...

OutOfOrder

HSC
Im so sick of writing!
I've changed my story 4 times since my proposal and i've written out 4 different drafts. I finally found a story i like and i can't find any inspiration to write it, unlike the other 4 times :(
I can't wait for all this to be over.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Why does it feel like it's never going to end. Whenever I think I'm close to finishing something else comes up. It's driving me nuts.

David_O

HSC
N/A
OutOfOrder said:
Im so sick of writing!
I've changed my story 4 times since my proposal and i've written out 4 different drafts. I finally found a story i like and i can't find any inspiration to write it, unlike the other 4 times :(
I can't wait for all this to be over.
"[Plot is] the writer's last resort, and the dullard's first choice."
Stephen King

black_man

Chuck lives here
HSC
David_O said:
Stephen King
I can understand that may not be your own perception, but i feel that statement is a little bit elitist in the sense that there would perhaps be a number of approaches in composing a piece of some kind. admittedly, i am not undertaking a short story, though i would imagine there would be variations in process for a number of authors in our forum. I could be wrong though

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
David_O said:
Stephen King
Thats not cool my friend. While this may be the bitch and procrastination thread, we bitch about the subject and try to help each other out not make people feel bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)