• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Offical Tennis thread (1 Viewer)

Jumbo Cactuar

Argentous Fingers
HSC
Sweets said:
Sesil is so cool! She is only 15 years old and grass is her worst surface. She did make the 1/4s of the french open. I totally love her she has the best personality.
I don't doubt it. I can't stand Sharapova sneering, scowling, grunting and shacking her fists at the opposition.

Sweets said:
And for people who think im being unrealistic. Last year Sharapova made the qtrs at Roland Garros and then won Wimbledon at 17 after being the runner up at the girls title the year before.

Ana made the qtrs of roland garros this year
So did poor Sesil.

Serena, Venus and Daniela are all out of form, maybe it'll be Jill Craybas who conquers them all?! Maybe not...

I hope Amelie Mauresmo can get far this time.

Last edited:

Jumbo Cactuar

Argentous Fingers
HSC
sarevok said:
lol @ Henman's strategy of playing from the baseline.

Roddick currently leads Bracialli 2 to sets to one. I hope Roddick loses, he has the ugliest game of any one in the top 50, even his service motion is jerky and ugly to watch. Bracialli was playing really well yesterday, he has a beautiful backhand, Roddick will probably come out and win it easily though. =\
Too right!

sarevok said:
Marat knocked out by Lopez in straight sets..ouch..
I bet Mark feels stupid!!

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Actually Lopez is a great grass court player and i expected him to extend if not beat Safin.

Andy wins.

I watched a bit of Lleytons match and he seems to be playing very tentatively, if he continues in this vain he wont even come near beating Roger.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Jumbo Cactuar said:
So did poor Sesil.
Yes but Ana beat Mauresmo (i know she's a choker) but it was a great match and clay would be like Sharapova, Ana's worst surface. Plus Ana is 17, has won tour titles and has much more experience in beating the top players which she has been doing regularly all year, the Sesilator is only 15.

I think Maria has a pretty clear route to the final, unless one of the Williams sisters starts playing some of the best tennis and we all know they can do it but I think Ivanovic has the game to stop Maria if no one else can.

Omg Myskina beat Jankovic in the biggest choke fest ever but also a highly entertaining match.

Nastysa should have beat her 60 63 but choked on match points and then Jelena should have won because in the 3rd set she was 5-1 up but then Myskina came back and won it 10-8, i think. I'm so torn on who go to for now. Elena or Nastysa, either way one of them will make the qtrs.

Last edited:

sarevok

HSC
Well, Ferrero has reached the fourth round, that is impressive, didn't expect him to go so far.

ffs, channel 9 showing all these shitty women's matches

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
and murray lost too, ah well the new commers are all gone.

for today:

hewitt has lost to dent before, i don't think he will fair too well...

I don't think there will be any other surprises on the mens side.

Jill Craybas has a chance to kill another williams, lol

nothing else of importance except the clijsters match.

Last edited:
HSC
goo roddick!!!!! ( hewitt can win if roddick gets knocked out)

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Serena :( She was obviously underdone. Hopefully Venus or Mary can make the semi's now from that part of the draw.

I'm so freaking excited about the Kim/Davenport match, obviously Lindsay is the huge favourite on grass but I think whoever wins this match will make the final from this part of the draw and hopefully win.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Sweets said:
I'm so freaking excited about the Kim/Davenport match, obviously Lindsay is the huge favourite on grass but I think whoever wins this match will make the final from this part of the draw and hopefully win.
I hope channel 9 broadcast that match. Coz usually if Sharapova is on at the same time on another court (which she will be on monday), they usually show her rather than the centre court match.

sarevok

HSC
rofl @ roddick's 'would you read a book in the dark?' exchange

ANDY RODDICK: You would read a book in the dark?

Q. When I can see it, yes.

ANDY RODDICK: How can you see a book in the dark?

Q. Come on. I'm telling you what he said.

ANDY RODDICK: I'm asking you a question. I'm
going to get to my answer here in a second, if you give me an answer that is honest.

Q. You're saying it was dark. He's saying it wasn't dark. Don't ask me if I read a book in the dark. I don't care. I don't read a book not even in the light sometimes.
I love that reporter

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
could anyone not car less about a little bruise on becs cheek?
how can that be news?
i hate it!!!

im going to london this time next year to visit my brother
and im gunna get him to take me to the tennis...

Jumbo Cactuar

Argentous Fingers
HSC
Ever since the Roddick bandwagon took off he has be known to his supporters as 'A rod'. This was hardly original of them since his many of his critics, like myself, have been calling him a dick for years!

Go [insert Roddick's opponents]!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)