• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Offical Tennis thread (1 Viewer)

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
mizz_smee said:
and the poo loses... as predicted by most sane people!
yep.

hehehe did you see the net break in second set? they were about to start a new point, safing serving, 15-30, and a cable in the net snapped and it collapsed. Funny, especially since it was on centre court. Gave safin an advantage, he regrouped himself and won the game. ah well.

Jumbo Cactuar

Argentous Fingers
HSC
He had a very good chance at winning the first two sets, Safin just knows how to get out of tight situations.

I hope Wayne beats Henman. That would make up for the cricket 100 times over!

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
Jumbo Cactuar said:
He had a very good chance at winning the first two sets, Safin just knows how to get out of tight situations.
Yup, Marat Safin is a champ.! im so glad he beat the poo- i hate that bitch, and yeh hes getting too old for tennis i guess. Marat Safin is just a legend...and so hott as well :D

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
I hope Wayne and Pratt lose tonight so we will actually be able to see tennis other then the Australians!

Roger is playing beautiful tennis.

Maria has the funnest shoes..they have real gold on them.

Kim is playing awesome tennis, I hope she wins. She is so nice she deserves it.

Serena looks to be underdone. I don't think she will win but you can never count her out.

Juan Carlos is actually in the 3rd round on grass!! Freakout! If he makes the 4th round against Roger I will be ultra happy.

I can't believe people ever thought Mark was going to win. His days at the top are over. You know as Johnny Mac said even though he has all the money etc he could want, maybe one day when he is sitting at home with his pretty wife and a BMW in the driveway he will wish he did more with his phenomenal talent.

Jumbo Cactuar

Argentous Fingers
HSC
Sweets said:
I hope Wayne and Pratt lose tonight so we will actually be able to see tennis other then the Australians!

Roger is playing beautiful tennis.

Maria has the funnest shoes..they have real gold on them.

Kim is playing awesome tennis, I hope she wins. She is so nice she deserves it.

Serena looks to be underdone. I don't think she will win but you can never count her out.

Juan Carlos is actually in the 3rd round on grass!! Freakout! If he makes the 4th round against Roger I will be ultra happy.

I can't believe people ever thought Mark was going to win. His days at the top are over. You know as Johnny Mac said even though he has all the money etc he could want, maybe one day when he is sitting at home with his pretty wife and a BMW in the driveway he will wish he did more with his phenomenal talent.
I heard his g/f was loaded; I doubt he'll settle for a BMW.

Maria is annoying. I am not suprised she was an outcast. In my books if it sounds American, lives in America and has spent the most important years of their childhood in America .... its American. Hehe 101.2 dB on the gruntometer ...
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=53493

Roger always plays beautiful tennis.

Wayne and Pratt are certain to lose sooner or later!

Pratt v Venus - Impossible
Pratt v Hantuchova - Just as impossible

Wayne v Popp - maybe
Wayne v Henman - would be funny
Wayne v Grosgean - amazingly unlikely
Wayne v Roddick - as much as I hate Roddick; Impossible

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
ARRRarararGGGhGHGHHGGG :mad:

they will show aussies instead of sharapova. I wouldn't mind arthurs winning so he could play henman. But this sharapova match will be hell more intresting.

EDIT:

btw, does any one else think Poo's gf looks like she is 12 years old?

Last edited:

Jumbo Cactuar

Argentous Fingers
HSC
Go Sesil Karatantcheva!!! :p

If it was a good contest (which it should), it would be interesting. Though I think I'd be ready to throw myself off a bridge if MS came from behind to win.

The television doesn't give an accurate reflection of how loud Ms. Sharapova really is. I could understand if it was from physical exersion, but she puts it on. She stopped doing it at Melbourne for a few games and mementarily I thought I was deaf! Plus her body language, at times, is somewhat phsychotic. She sneers a lot. All in all I'd be glad to see her gone.

18 ~ it is legal.

The Wimbledon towels rock ~ soooo soft!

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Jumbo Cactuar said:
Go Sesil Karatantcheva!!! :p

If it was a good contest (which it should), it would be interesting. Though I think I'd be ready to throw myself off a bridge if MS came from behind to win.

The television doesn't give an accurate reflection of how loud Ms. Sharapova really is. I could understand if it was from physical exersion, but she puts it on. She stopped doing it at Melbourne for a few games and mementarily I thought I was deaf! Plus her body language, at times, is somewhat phsychotic. She sneers a lot. All in all I'd be glad to see her gone.

18 ~ it is legal.

The Wimbledon towels rock ~ soooo soft!
lol, yeah i'm surprised no one has complained about her shrieks.

yeah, I know she is 18, but she just looks really young.

where did you get a towel??? surely you didn't pay ~$60 for one.

Jumbo Cactuar

Argentous Fingers
HSC
jm1234567890 said:
lol, yeah i'm surprised no one has complained about her shrieks.

yeah, I know she is 18, but she just looks really young.

where did you get a towel??? surely you didn't pay ~$60 for one.
Well to get tickets to the centre court you need to go in a raffle and even then you only get two tickets. Unfortunately the efforts to smuggle three people in on two tickets didn't work out so they got me towel to compensate.

Still it was quite interesting. Wimbledon is such a nice suburb, but soooooo far from the city. Everywhere around there are people scalping strawberries on the cheap!

EDIT: Last years Wimbledon, still the same towel.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Nadal, henman gone. Good riddens.

Arthurs lost in marathon.

Andrew Murray doing quite well.

roddick also in marathon, lol

no surprises in women draw except mabye sharapova slaughtering 60 61 and vera zvonareva losing.

For today:

myskina and pierce will lose to the new commers.

should be no surprises in mens draw except murray will ge through.

Last edited:

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
im predicting a fed v safin match... and safin will lose this time (as oppose to aussie open) cuz safin isnt the fastest guy on grass
and henman will never win he sucks

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Poor Henman. I'm not a fan of his but every year I feel sorry for him

Rafa, well it was a bit much to ask to come from a mamoth clay season and then have a fab result at wimbledon. He has vowed to win and I have no doubt that someway he will.

Poor Sesil. I wasn't expecting her to beat Masha on grass but that was horrible!!

If you wanna see the results go to www.wimbledon.org

Jumbo Cactuar

Argentous Fingers
HSC
angelduck said:
where can i find out roddick's results??
http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/bios/ms/atpr485.html

Nadal rocks; he trains with Moya! I bet Gasquet is breathing a sigh of relief!

Sesil Karatancheva ~ you know things are bad when you win more points off your second serve!! Glad I didn't see that stinker.

Arthurs lost in marathon. A boring boring marathon.
Average rally length:
Arthurs service: 1.7
Popp: 2.3
Or something to that effect.

Does anyone know of Coria's form? I know he went 5 against Malisse and I'd like to see him get far.

You think Murray v. Nalbandian has potential ... or as much a poor sesil did?

What do people think about Dinara Safina against Lindsay?

Haha, only one Williams sister can reach the QFs!

Jumbo Cactuar

Argentous Fingers
HSC
Sweets said:
Poor Henman. I'm not a fan of his but every year I feel sorry for him

Rafa, well it was a bit much to ask to come from a mamoth clay season and then have a fab result at wimbledon. He has vowed to win and I have no doubt that someway he will.

Poor Sesil. I wasn't expecting her to beat Masha on grass but that was horrible!!

If you wanna see the results go to www.wimbledon.org
Henman should have a word to his father about his fashion sence in hats and suits!

The reason Roddick's 2nd round result isn't up yet is because it isn't completed yet! On centre court after Hewitt (so far 7-5 6-3 6-7 Roddick). I can only suppose it was getting late yesterday.

sarevok

HSC
lol @ Henman's strategy of playing from the baseline.

Roddick currently leads Bracialli 2 to sets to one. I hope Roddick loses, he has the ugliest game of any one in the top 50, even his service motion is jerky and ugly to watch. Bracialli was playing really well yesterday, he has a beautiful backhand, Roddick will probably come out and win it easily though. =\

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)