The Offical Tennis thread (4 Viewers)

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
Sweets said:
Then again alot of players show major potential as juniors QUOTE]

ie my sister who would fucking well OWN any of you. im not ashamed to say that she would give me a taming these days. her forhand is the most powerful ive evr seen on a junior girl. shes stronger than most of the guys her age too. but shes only small
its weird she plays double handed on both sides but not like seles. she doesnt change her hand position from forhand to backhand. makes her quicker
i fully intend to milk her career for all its worth and follow her around the tour.
ellen stiller, watch for her

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
TurboTom said:
i fully intend to milk her career for all its worth and follow her around the tour.
You lucky bastard. I can't think of anything I'd like to do more than to travel around the world on the tennis tour for a few years.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
jim_green said:
You lucky bastard. I can't think of anything I'd like to do more than to travel around the world on the tennis tour for a few years.
yeh i know hey... im keen to be her manager. i mean fuck its my sister, how awesome and easy would that be??? and then think of the travel benefiits

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
The Monte Carlo draw is out and Nadal faces Monfils in the first round! Its clay so obviously Nadal is the favourite but Monfils has an explosive game and Rafy might be very tired from playing all these matches so it should be a good match.

Juan Carlos faces Karlovic and in other time frame i would have said JC is a sure winner against a guy who a serve on legs esp on clay but u never know these days. Vamos JC!

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Here's a copy of the whole draw

Federer (1) vs. Rusedski
El Aynaoui vs. Montanes
Verdasco vs. Gonzalez
Kuerten vs. Ancic (13)

Davydenko (10) vs. Melzner
Llodra vs. Costa
q vs. q
q vs. J.Johansson (7)

Gaudio (4) vs. q
Schuettler vs. Kiefer
q. vs. Calleri
Spadea vs. Stepanek (15)

Nadal (11) vs. Monfils
Chela vs. Malisse
Berdych vs. Horna
O.Rochus vs. Ljubicic (8)

Coria (6) vs. Msthieu
q vs. Beck
Starace vs. Martin
Lisnard vs. T.Johansson (12)

Hrbaty (14) vs. Ferrer
q vs. Lopez
Soderling vs. Santoro
Zabaleta vs. Henman (3)

Moya (6) vs. Puerta
q. Mayer
Arthus vs. Volandri
Andreev vs. Canas (9)

Novak (15) vs. Mirnyi
Ferrero vs. Karlovic
Saunier vs. Srichaphan
Lee vs. Safin (2)

Safin v Ferrero in the 3rd round who will a go for!???!!

sarevok

HSC
Nadal at the moment is just a lefty top-spin version of Hewitt. He's a bad match-up for Federer because Federer doesn't like the ball bouncing high to his backhand. Even so, Federer was taken to five sets because he was playing really badly; once he got his act together in the last three sets Nadal had no chance. However, I think if Nadal improves his serve he will definitely be a problem for Federer in the future.
It's tough to say if Safin will even make the third round...apart from the Aussie Open he's only won 3 matches this year, he's so inconsistent. Same with Ferrero who is still coming back from injury.
Monfils is 18, btw

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Congrats to Lindsay defending her title at Amelia Island

Davenport Downs Farina Elia To Defend Amelia Island

Photo By Ron Angle By Tennis Week
04/09/2005

Lindsay Davenport received the keys to the city last Saturday and collected her second consecutive Bausch & Lomb championship today. The top-ranked Davenport defeated 12th-seeded Silvia Farina Elia, 7-5, 7-5 in the Amelia Island final.

Playing tenacious tennis, Farina Elia was up a break at 4-3, 40-0. The 32-year-old Italian could not close out the game as Davenport fought back. On break point, Davenport drilled three straight forehands forcing a Farina Elia forehand error into the net to break back for 4-4.

"She was serving at 4-3 up 40-0 and that was a huge game," Davenport said. "I hung in there. Even though I felt I was missing some shots at important times, in the end was able to come out on top."

Davenport, who won 11 of the final 12 points to complete a 6-0, 6-3 victory over Nadia Petrova in the semifinals, joined Chris Evert, Martina Navratilova, Steffi Graf and Gabriela Sabatini as a three-time Bausch & Lomb champion.

"I did my best," Davenport said. "She’s always a tricky player for me. I threw in a bunch of errors, but I felt I had to because I didn’t want her dictating at all."

For more more on the tournament, please visit the BLChamps.com web site.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
OMG it is deffinetly time to rejoice when Juan Carlos wins a match! He beat Karlovic 6-4 6-1.

Nadal beat Monfils but I can't be bothered looking up the scores.

Richie also finally won a match beating GGL 6-2 6-0

sarevok

HSC
Beating Karlovic on clay isn't exactly an amazing feat

Today Federer crushed Rusedski and Nadal crushed Mallisse, with a bagel in the first set =\

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Pity Nadal and Federer are on the same side of the draw, although this time I think Nadal will come out on top because of the surface advantage.

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
ii was so stoked i was at a club thingy today
and they had rafy playing on the big screen
i was in hevean for that 5 minutes
then i went and played snooker
but it was good seeing him play...
cant wait till i get foxtel back
tennis tennis tennis... heaven

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
sarevok said:
Beating Karlovic on clay isn't exactly an amazing feat

Today Federer crushed Rusedski and Nadal crushed Mallisse, with a bagel in the first set =\
Hey, leave Juan Carlos alone. Winning a match for him these days is a big deal and now he's won 2 in a row setting up a 3rd round match with Marat!

And beating Rusedski isn't such a big deal on clay either, actually beating him period isn't.

Anastasia, Anastasia when are you going to get out of your slump?
She got beaten by Nicole Vadisova 6-3 5-7 6-4.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Ferrero beat Safin 6-2 6-4. OMFG.

JC :D

Marat :(

The 1/4 finals are now
Federer vs Gasquet

Gaudio vs Nadal

Coria vs Ferrer

Ferrero vs Volandari

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Venus crashes in Charleston
From Simon Cambers in Charleston, South Carolina
April 15, 2005

DEFENDING champion Venus Williams was unceremoniously dumped out of the Family Circle Cup today, beaten 7-5 6-4 by 17-year-old French starlet Tatiana Golovin in the third round.

The fourth seed paid the price for an error-laden performance, particularly on her forehand, and Golovin moved through to the quarter-finals and a meeting with seventh seed Nadia Petrova from Russia.

"It was a comedy of errors," Williams said.

"She's definitely a good player but I don't think she came out there and beat me. I just kept making error after error."

Williams said the efforts of the past month, when she played back-to-back events in Miami, Amelia Island and here, had taken their toll.

"I just think I'm having a mental letdown from all the tennis I've been playing in the last four weeks, and I just felt pretty dead," she said.

Williams, who had struggled past Denisa Chladkova in her opening match yesterday, double-faulted three times in the first game to give 13th-seed Golovin the early break.

The American looked back on track when she broke back in the seventh game but Golovin, the world number 25, attacked the Williams forehand, broke again to lead 6-5 and then saved a break point on her own serve to take the opening set.

The second set went with serve until the seventh game when the Williams forehand failed again, handing Golovin the advantage and the French girl held on to serve out for her biggest win to date.

"I played against a few top-ten players already, and I always kept losing in three sets," Golovin said.

"I just really just stuck to my game. I was really solid and I didn't give her a lot of second serves to return. I really pressured her forehand, and I think that's was key."

Earlier, Petrova advanced to the last eight when she beat Croatian Jelena Kostanic 6-3 6-3. Former world No.1 Justine Henin-Hardenne set up a possible showdown with current No.1 Lindsay Davenport thanks to a 6-2 6-3 drubbing of Iveta Benesova.

"It's going to be another level, for sure," Henin-Hardenne said.

"I think it's going to be a tough mission and especially because the surface is very fast and I know that Lindsay loves to hit winners from anywhere off the court.

"I'll have to play my best tennis, and I don't know if I'm ready for this. We'll see."

Top seed Davenport plays 16-year-old Ukrainian Viktoriya Kutuzova the late evening match.

Russian second seed Elena Dementieva was on top form as she crushed Nuria Llagostera Vives 6-0 6-3 to set up a quarter-final against unseeded Slovenian Katarina Srebotnik, who upset 11th seed Ai Sugiyama 6-1 4-6 6-1.

Nicole Vaidisova, the 15-year-old Czech, followed up her second-round win over third seed Anastasia Myskina with a gutsy 3-6 6-4 7-6 victory over 14th seed Shinobu Asagoe.

In the quarter-finals, she'll face eighth seed Patty Schnyder, who continued her smooth progress with a 6-4 6-0 defeat of Klara Koukalova.

Gosh, i really like Venus but can't she ever just give her opponent credit. Mental breakdown from playing 10 matches in 4 weeks?

Elena for the title.

richz

federer is unstoppable, he will win 10 billion gs. As for myskina, she was born crap and we always be crap, how weak is a second serve she will drop out of the top 100

richz

man, im sick of federer i want to shoot him, he wins too many times. It gets so boring, we need new winners!!

crono

HSC
federer's streak is over......again. lost to gasquet even with two match points up his sleeve.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)