The Offical Tennis thread (2 Viewers)

sarevok

HSC
oh my god

channel nine aren't going to cover the us open

no us open on free-to-air tv

fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck

Last edited:

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
I hate channel nine. Soon we just wont have any tennis on free-to-air.

At least we have the qtrs, semis and finals. Better then nothing.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Marat withdrew :(

I heard he was limping and in obvious pain when practicing so i know its for the best, i'd rather him take time out now, then ruin his whole 2006.

sarevok

HSC
Did anyone see that interview with Roger Federer last night? That was the crappiest interview I've ever seen. Stupid Liz Hayes pretending Roger was in Doha prior to the US Open when it was obvious the interview was recorded when Roger was playing in the Doha tournament shortly before the Aussie Open

jack white

After Hours
HSC
I LOVE LINDSAY!!! Back at no. 1 where she deserves to be. She is a goddess.

Did anyone else hear the rumour on the news last night that the US open is being pushed back to the 5th of September. I heard it off a friend today, is there any veracity to it? I didnt think so.

My predictions for winners are:
I want Lindsay to win but I think that Kim will take it out (but knowing her grand slam record I wouldnt place any money on it).
I want Rafael (a tennis god) to win the mens but I cannot look past Federer.

As for all the people without pay TV I genuinely feel sorry for you. I can just picture you all on the net each and every day to just check up on scores.

I bought my aeroplane ticket for the Australian Open next year on Saturday. Who else is abandoning schoolies just to see the tennis?

HSC
Can any legend tell me who the main ppl playin tongiht are, simply cuz I cbf looking it up?

I heard molik is on tonight but not sure

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
jack white said:
I bought my aeroplane ticket for the Australian Open next year on Saturday. Who else is abandoning schoolies just to see the tennis?
I'm going with three of my friends, i'm soooo excited. I come back from overseas on th 13th, and then im going on that weekend to Melbourne.

sarevok

HSC
jack white said:
Hehe, that's what I did this year :)

Movie_Guy

HSC
If Henin-Hardenne is healthy, I think she'll win it. Seen her live. I love the way she plays. She hits with so much spin and her ball is ridiculously heavy for her size. It moves all over the place once it hits the ground. She's the only one that hits a male player's type of ball. She launches her body into the ball like Federer does...bascially none of the other women do it. Wish she was 175 instead of 165...she'd kill everyone.

jack white

After Hours
HSC
Sweets said:
I'm going with three of my friends, i'm soooo excited. I come back from overseas on th 13th, and then im going on that weekend to Melbourne.
i may possibly see you there - i am going from the 15th to the 23rd, both day and night sessions. It will cost shitloads but there is nothing like live tennis and stalking tennis players. I even love the sunburn and the continual thirst. Its brilliant!

However, I am praying to god that Lindsay will come back for another year or at least just for the Australian Open...

HSC
Movie_Guy said:
If Henin-Hardenne is healthy, I think she'll win it. Seen her live. I love the way she plays. She hits with so much spin and her ball is ridiculously heavy for her size. It moves all over the place once it hits the ground. She's the only one that hits a male player's type of ball. She launches her body into the ball like Federer does...bascially none of the other women do it. Wish she was 175 instead of 165...she'd kill everyone.
what about the williams sisters? they play like men

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
jack white said:
i may possibly see you there - i am going from the 15th to the 23rd, both day and night sessions. It will cost shitloads but there is nothing like live tennis and stalking tennis players. I even love the sunburn and the continual thirst. Its brilliant!

However, I am praying to god that Lindsay will come back for another year or at least just for the Australian Open...
You captured exactly what I love about the tennis!! You're right about the cost though, I'm already broke, but its worth it.

Your a Lindsay fan? Its tough being a Lindsay fan, esp at Wimbledon this year.

I'm hoping for a Kim vs Lindsay final. I will probably die watching it, but be pleased with either outcome, although I will be cheering a little more for Kim.

Movie_Guy

HSC
go_swans said:
what about the williams sisters? they play like men
Nah, they hit the ball reall flat (very low clearance) so it looks really fast (which it is) but it goes straight through the court and has a low margin for error. If you watch the men play, especially guys like Federer and Nadal, you don't actually see how much the ball is clearing the net by from the TV angle. They are getting some serious air, maybe 2-4 feet above the net due to the amount of spin they are putting on it which allows the ball to drop down into the court and kick up ridiculously at the opponent....Federer's first coach use to raise the net by about 2 feet to forec Federer to hit with spin. You have to use your entire body for that...the williams sisters just tea off with some pretty terrible technique. Horrid to watch.

jack white

After Hours
HSC
Sweets said:
You captured exactly what I love about the tennis!! You're right about the cost though, I'm already broke, but its worth it.

Your a Lindsay fan? Its tough being a Lindsay fan, esp at Wimbledon this year.

I'm hoping for a Kim vs Lindsay final. I will probably die watching it, but be pleased with either outcome, although I will be cheering a little more for Kim.
I am a very dedicated Lindsay fan...it is really hard being a fan of hers though, you are so correct...wimbledon 2005, australian open 2005, US open 2004 (the list of surprising losses go on). (Injury, injury, injury.) And each time, she should have won! The game is always on her racquet.

I honestly dont think she will win another slam but even if she only makes it to the second round, I will be ecstatic! She's great. And a real quiet achiever who does so much for women's tennis. And she hits the ball harder than either Williams sister!

I never used to like women's tennis, in fact i hated it, but now, with Lindsay and such depth, I just love it. It makes mens tennis look a little boring...and this is coming from a male. Although, i must say that Nadal is a god.

I am expecting a Lindsay v Kim final. Sweets, you know who I will be cheering for but if Kim does win (which, knowing her record, is sadly not likely), I wouldnt be upset because she is quite deserving, has a great game and is extremely pleasant in real life. However, if Sharapova or Mauresmo happen to win i will cry like a little bitch. I have no respect for people who make it to no.1 without actually beating the no.1 player convincingly enough. They didnt even fight it out. If memory serves me correct, the last time Lindsay and Sharapova played it was 6-0 6-0 in favour of Davenport. And the last time Mauresmo beat Lindsay was in 1958!!! I hate both Maria and Amelie, (just my opinion). Sharapova is vain and irritating and Mauresmo is merely occupying a spot in the top.10 which seriously is not hers!! Nothing about their games are worth the rankings they possess. Shit. Shit. Shit.

Whereas Lindsay - well, we know where I stand on this...

So, yeah, Lindsay v Kim - i'd seriously like to see that. Or, if all else fails, bring on Patty...

OK, thats my tennis rant for today. Sorry all.

GO LINDSAY!
GO RAFAEL!

Sweets, here is a high five for sheer excitement! *raises hand*

Who needs a HSC, when you have tennis hey?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)