The Offical Tennis thread (1 Viewer)

sarevok

HSC
Johansson wins, woohoo!! :D

Too bad about Roddick.

Hewitt has no chance against Federer, he will be crushed. Looking forward to it.

Edit: Oh, and Todd Woodbridge has retired :(

Last edited:

margaret_gn

HSC
I'm so happy for Thomas, his entry ranking will be 9 next week :) if Roddick plays against him the way he did yesterday Thomas will definitely win. However Thomas has a 0-13 H2H record against the other 3 semifinalists lol! But Lycka Till Thomas!

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
It's ladies night

women's semi finals

Lindsay vs Amelie

Maria vs Venus

drools....couldn't ask for much more except for maybe Serena in instead of Venus cause her and Maria have great matches.

HSC
Last night I was about to watch the Federer match when I saw the results on Sports Tonight. Shame on Channel 9 for saying that the matches are live.

Btw .... What do you call a Brit in the last week of Wimbledon?

The Umpire.
:D

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Masha is out!!!!!!!!!!!

Venus OMFG Amazing play

I still want whovever wins the other semi to win the title though

Lindsay leads 6-7 7-6 5-3

Momo was up 3-1 in the 2nd set but Lindsay just upped her level. She really wants this.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
yay too.

i find the media dodgy, how they say "hewitt v federer" match's is alway going to be a classic match always and that Hewitt is Federer's greatest obstacle, in which it isn't. hewitt did stand a chance.

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
hewitt and federer matches are always boring
hewitt doesnt challenge federer one bit in my opinion
i dont think roddick is a great challenge for him either

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
its just obvious federer is going to win again. i couldnt believe some of the shots he pulled off yesterday.

Jumbo Cactuar

Argentous Fingers
HSC
Its a bit rich to critisise Lleyton yet Roddick is somehow much better. Roddick is so very boring. At least it could be said that Hewitt has an all court game, but what is Roddick? A serve and a put-away. Roddick's tactics work against the lower ranked players, but Hewitt and Federer know his weaknesses too well to be blasted off the court!

I thought the quality of the Federer Hewitt match was excellent, it just needed a more competetive scoreline!

PS Hewitt v Roddick is 6-1 :: Federer v Roddick is 8-1 :: Federer v Hewitt is 10-7

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
you'd think roddick would be an excellent player to use serve-volley but i hate it now that all the racquets are so powerful that everyone just blasts from the baseline. thats why women's tennis is so uncompetitive, although i fell off my chair seeing mauresmo play serve volley.

sarevok

HSC
Yes, that is why I currently despise women's tennis. With the exception of Henin, Mauresmo and Molik (off the top of my head, there are probably a couple more), all the women play exactly the same way - all have two handed backhands and stand on the baseline and just hit the ball as hard as they can. Incredibly boring.

The men's tour was pretty poor too when Hewitt was no.1, however it's improved greatly in the last couple of years, mainly thanks to Federer who has a multi-dimensional game and is playing some of the most beautiful tennis the world has ever seen. I wish someone would pay Roddick to stop playing though, god he's awful.

Last edited:

margaret_gn

HSC
i was glad federer won, at least the match last night was not as one sided as it usually is when hewitt plays federer... now this will definitely leave some extra space for ToJo in the next issue of aust tennis mag :D (as opposed to if hewitt beat federer, when they'll devote 10 whole pages for hewitt!)

damn you channel nine, why can't you show the roddick/tojo semi instead of jack and the beanstalk???

klh

HSC
Federer: wow...im shocked at his accuracy and able to pull of impossible shots. ANd his anticipation is soo good, he knows the angles to hit to, control his racket to get that angle and pull it off effortlessly. I just want to compare him with his form now and his form some years back, can anyone commnet? [ofcourse its a big change but i want to know how he did it)

What type of games will you label competitive? i hate serve volleyers except in doubles mathces and when there is at least some form of rallying skills involved.

and was lleyton (v. Federer) playing a bit safe? well i only watched a bit so...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)