• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Offical Tennis thread (1 Viewer)

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Agree ms B, they could be twins.

Also I noticed it's the birthday of this thread's most frequent poster, Sweets. Happy Birthday Sweets :)

chesseANDbacon

HSC
miss_b said:
I don;t think anyone thought roddick had a chance...

I was watching it and is it just me or does Sean william scott and andy roddick look a like...

EDIT: Damn, why can't i get the pic to appear on the screen instead of a link?!

Edit: I figured out why...

omg, they do TOO! i think its the smile? im not sure but there are some similarities lol.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Russia leads USA 2-0

Anastasia def Venus 57 64 62 - Gosh Nastysa is fucking patriotic. If only grand slams were based on nationality

Elena def Mashona 7-5 6-4 - The first set was scary she was down 1-5

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Sweets said:
Russia leads USA 2-0

Anastasia def Venus 57 64 62 - Gosh Nastysa is fucking patriotic. If only grand slams were based on nationality

Elena def Mashona 7-5 6-4 - The first set was scary she was down 1-5
fed cup right?

what surface was it on?

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Russia wins the tie 3-1...yay!!

They will now play France in the final, who will try and avenge their loss from last yr.

I love Anastasia she is too funny

- It's known that you'll play France in the final. Do you think we should made the team stronger before that? Maybe invite Sharapova to win the Cup for the 2nd time?

Nastya: Sharapova? No, Dementieva will be enough for us!

margaret_gn

HSC
anyone going to the argentina/aussie DC tie this weekend?
i'm going to their practice session tomorrow, and the doubles on saturday :)

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Ohh I wish I was going. I went to the tie vs Austria and the atmosphere was sooo amazing. It was so funny when the teams were practising that everyone was flocking around the Australians but no one cared about the Austrians. Me and my friend chatted to them and they were soo nice. Jurgen Melzer = the nicest guy ever. We were also the only people cheering for Austria in the whole stadium. It was too fun.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Roddick as Federer to play doubles with him..hmm a tactic to get to know his game better.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/pre...00685_1,00.html

Fed: I need feet of clay

By CHARLIE WYETT

ROGER FEDERER had a perfect start to yesterday — breakfast with a copy of The Sun and the men’s singles trophy.
The Swiss world No 1 managed just two hours sleep following another visit to the Wimbledon champions’ dinner.

But Federer, 23, could not wipe the grin off his face at the home he has been renting just 100 metres from the All England Club.

Yet with his third straight Wimbledon title and a fifth Grand Slam in the bag, Federer wanted to look forward.

The boy from Basel reckons he must become the sixth man to win all four Grand Slams to be considered the greatest player of all time.

He needs to succeed where Pete Sampras failed — and that means winning on the French Open clay.

Federer, who destroyed Andy Roddick in straight sets in Sunday’s Wimbledon final, said: “I have enjoyed another fantastic two weeks but I’m looking forward.

“My next goal is the French Open. That’s what really motivates me now.

“I have shown I can win the other Grand Slams so the French is naturally the the big goal.

“It will be for the rest of my career and, hopefully, I can achieve the dream.

“I was awfully close this year even though I did not play my best. I lost in the last four to Rafael Nadal and that gives me hope.

“It gives me belief I can do it. I didn’t lose a set at the French Open until the semis so I have a chance.

“You do not have to win all four Grand Slams to be a great. Look at Sampras.

“In my eyes, Sampras’ career was way above many others because of the amount of titles, prize money and Masters Cups.

“Look at Ivan Lendl. He won everywhere except Wimbledon but was still a great player.

“However, four Grand Slams are very special. If you get those, that is the key to real greatness.”

Federer is ready to follow in the footsteps of Andre Agassi, Rod Laver, Roy Emerson, Don Budge and Fred Perry by winning in London, Paris, Melbourne and New York.

And there can be little doubt he has hit his peak.

Federer added: “If this is not the peak, I don’t know where I’m going!

“Over the years you gain in experience, you grow as a man. You get more power, you have more time to work on your shots and fitness.”

Federer also paid tribute to his father Robert, who broke down at Wimbledon on Sunday after seeing his son in a Grand Slam final for the first time.

Robert missed Federer’s two previous Wimbledon victories in 2003 and 2004 because he was looking after the family cat back home in Switzerland.

And Federer said: “It was nice to have dad there. He is very enthusiastic and hyper when he watches me.

“He still gets mad at me when I miss a forehand or backhand, but I accept it.

“I now realise he doesn’t know as much about tennis as I thought he did.”

Federer also revealed that Roddick asked him to team up as a doubles pairing.

He said: “I turned him down — I said let’s wait and see. I prefer not to play doubles but he asked me, which was a nice gesture.

“I was smiling inside, thinking of the prospect. It would be interesting.

“Maybe I will one day. Hopefully, I have many more years in tennis.”

On Federer’s current form, many more years of winning Wimbledon.

margaret_gn

HSC
hey thanks for posting the article! :) yeah practice session was awesome, had to wait 40 mins outside the players building till the argentinians came out but it was worth it, they were all so sweet! (even Coria! i'd always thought of him as a bit of a prick, but i take it all back after today lol!) got 6 autographs today... 3 austs, 3 argentinians. none from Lleyton though, he chose to walk through the fenced area rather than where the fans can talk to him etc... unlike the other aussie players who were really nice and obliging to the fans! hewitt's getting married Thursday apparently, goodness knows how he'd be able to concentrate playing the day after!

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Ohh i'm going on Friday to the singles. Kirsten had an extra ticket, and it was the least I could do to take it off her hands. What are the colours of argentina?

margaret_gn

HSC
Benny_ said:
There's going to be tennis.. in Sydney? Is it sold out?
yeah davis cup (aust v argentina) is on this weekend... call ticketek to see if it's sold out. I doubt it though, in march the court was only half full for both friday and saturday (didn't go sunday). Good Luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)