The Office (1 Viewer)

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Blasphemy! When does the US version start on Ten? I know ill hate it. But im tempted to watch it nonetheless just to see how bad it is.

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
awww i always wanted to watch this but i always forget! lol, is it as good as the film officespace? god i loved that that flick :p

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
~*HSC 4 life*~ said:
awww i always wanted to watch this but i always forget! lol, is it as good as the film officespace? god i loved that that flick :p
Im pretty sure they are two completely different things. Wash out your ears dumbo.

:)

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
absolution* said:
Blasphemy! When does the US version start on Ten? I know ill hate it. But im tempted to watch it nonetheless just to see how bad it is.
I think I saw somewhere it was June 22nd or 23rd, so it starts sometime next week.
When and on what channel will they show the UK version? Because I haven't seen a lot of the episodes, and I know that the US one will pale in comparison.

ChrisE

HSC
routemarker said:
Ha too bad i already saw the whole series, season 2 has got the green light and will premiere in the fall. Screw the BBC version :D
no, dont ever say that. clearly if you actually watched the british version you wouldnt want to 'screw' it. the us version is poo

laney

HSC
RCMasterAA said:
June 22nd is when they'll show The Office US and they there are no plans for ABC to show The Office. Buy the DVDs?
meh there's no real need.
they've showed it twice or possibly three times already
and when they have Black Books showing, there's no real need to have two good brittish shows playing at once :)

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
this doesnt work....they have just ripped out parts directly form the eng version and the fact that 1/2 th eng one was impro as well

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
It's going to fail 'cause they're just so bloody American...Fuck I hate Americans...I punch an American exchange student for being so every year.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
You can tell it won't be anywhere close to being as funny as the British version. As is with most copycats.

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
SHAME SHAME SHAME AMERICA! I cant believe the producers of the UK version allowed it!

"You're a cock you're a cock you're a cock!!!"

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
lol i havnt seen it yet, everyone keeps telling me to see the dvds

im going to have to avoid channel 10 then- stupid yanks

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
Why did they even bother? I like the receptionist better in this version, but everything else was pretty much a carbon copy of the original. :rolleyes:

Regardless of that, I'll keep watching it.

The stapler in jelly -> custardy thing still amuses me. :D

HSC
The American one was more based dialogue, the British series was more about acting.

Still not a bad first up effort - the receptionist in the series is more likeable than Dawn.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Yeah the receptionist is hot. Tim's character is a toolio though.
The first episode which was the copy of the first episode of the UK version was fucking shit. The second episode which had original dialogue was less bad. But still bad.

D.Larie

I haven't seen the British version so I'm not going to do any comparing etc.

Watched it last night and had me laughing out loud.
The boss is such an idiot...he deserved that slap. lol
I loved the part where he asked the employees if there were any races they felt sexually attracted to.
Guy: I have 2. White and Indian.
*close up of indian lady's scared face* lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)