The Official 2006 AFL Thread (1 Viewer)

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
Minai said:
Mmm, interesting, given Freo absolutely smashed you guys last week.

Eagles, at full strength, are the most talented side in the comp, but I think the one side you fear more than any other is Sydney, am I right? The last 3 games have all been very close, and factors such as luck (Stenglein's last minute goal this year, Leo Barry's mark in the GF, Goodes' legging in the Qualifying final last year) have played a huge part in a result either way.

I'll be cheering for Port to beat Freo this week, and with a Swans win, we get another crack at you guys at Subi :D
bump...following on from that...that match was unbelievable! The last few syd vs wce matches have all got my cholestrol impeded heart to beat faster than ever.

Damn i was pissed when Davis missed everything with his last shot though :p The angle was fucked tho.

It's been a while since I've seen Micky doin so well...

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh, unbelievable win by the Swans!
At times, it seemed Judd would win it for the Eagles on his own, but the Swans never gave up. Yeah I agree, Mick O'Loughlin played one of his best games in a while (loved how he gave it to the Eagle fans on the goal line)

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Minai said:
Oh, unbelievable win by the Swans!
At times, it seemed Judd would win it for the Eagles on his own, but the Swans never gave up. Yeah I agree, Mick O'Loughlin played one of his best games in a while (loved how he gave it to the Eagle fans on the goal line)
1 point tho.. close nice game..

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
can't wait for the next game. nick davis has been out of form though... i hope he does another miracle goal like he did against geelong and..some other team. ..collingwood? god he was amazing.

stariiskiez

HSC
Cant wait for the prelim finals in 2 weeks time. I think it's more likely we will play against Freo although i prefer the Dees. So whos going???? I may... but i got Ext 1 prelims 2 days after :burn: I dont think i can resist though...

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I'll be there...as silly as it sounds, Freo is probably the better prospect (they have to travel from Perth, they've never played at Telstra, and we've beaten them this year, albeit when they were at a crossroads).

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Yeah, I would prefer to play Freo too .. they have a shocking record in Sydney, haven't won here since 1993 or something ridiculous like that, from memory.

The Dees came up to Sydney earlier in the season and beat us to get their first win of the season .. they would have no fear playing us, especially considering their loss to us at the end of the season didn't involve some crucial players for them .. most notably, Davey and Pickett.

Really, Fremantle should beat the Dees in Perth .. if they lose, it will be calamitous.

Can't wait until the Prelim, will be getting my mum to line up for tickets as early as possible on Friday morning :-D

Hopefully the members haven't taken 60,000 of the tickets by then :p

sweet_as

Is with all of my people
HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Yeah, I would prefer to play Freo too .. they have a shocking record in Sydney, haven't won here since 1993 or something ridiculous like that, from memory.

The Dees came up to Sydney earlier in the season and beat us to get their first win of the season .. they would have no fear playing us, especially considering their loss to us at the end of the season didn't involve some crucial players for them .. most notably, Davey and Pickett.

Really, Fremantle should beat the Dees in Perth .. if they lose, it will be calamitous.

Can't wait until the Prelim, will be getting my mum to line up for tickets as early as possible on Friday morning :-D

Hopefully the members haven't taken 60,000 of the tickets by then :p
Dude Fremantle came into the AFL in 1995! So must of been 95 or 96. Still 10 years :D

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
either way, with our form we should beat either fremantle or melbourne at home

T

Testpilot

This is an interesting finals equation:

If Freo and Eagles win then once again there will be a non-Melbourne winner (making this pattern go back to when the bombers won in 2000)

There is the possibility of a 2005 Grand Final re-match, which when you consider that recent the Swans-Eagles matches have all been close should be a good game.

There is the possibility of a Freo V Eagles GF being played in Melbourne. Yes i know of the contract with the MCC etc but this is commical.

Things to watch for this round:
-West Coast midfield of Judd, Cousins, Cox and Kerr is the best in the comp. (but i would like to see them Vs Adelaide next week)

-Will the Eagles fowards be better than last week. (I'm a Swans fan but the Eagles should have won but they didn't use their chances).

-Can Demons beat Dockers at home? I don't think so, especially after round 16.

-Will the Buldogs carry last week's determination over to the West, if they do they could trouble the Eagles but i still think the Eagles will win.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Ah yes, I forgot that minor detail.

Overall, we have a 7-2 home record against Freo (and a 2-6 away record).

We lost to them at the SCG 127-144 on 27 August 1995, and then lost again 71-100 on 7 April 1996.

So we lost the first two home matches ever against Fremantle .. and then have won the last seven.

Which means they haven't beaten us in Sydney since April 1996 .. over 10 years.

That said, they will like the bigger oval that Telstra has compared to SCG .. it will suit their style well.

I do prefer playing them over Melbourne, though .. because the Dees beat us in Sydney earlier in the year, and they would also have been billed as the fairytale team of '06 if they got through to Week 3 after beating St Kilda and then Freo. Both factors would have given them lots of confidence.

We should be able to do this .. GO SWANNIES!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
80,000 expected at the game, hopefully 90% swans supporters...it'd be good to turn it into a reverse Subiaco...give Freo a shock to their system

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yeah i hope the swans will it, and the eagles to beat adelaide
this is the new rivalry of the modern AFL era....Sydney vs West Coast
i think in the past 4 games, the combined winning margin was like only 10 points, so its pretty close

stariiskiez

HSC
OMG... i'm more nervous this year than last year. Maybe cos late year this "new rivary" thing wasnt as intense. I bet i wont be able to sleep on friday night. Who is going? I wish i was... i had to get off work to watch the game and it wasnt easy... made all these bullcrap up... but it's worth it. :rofl:

Somehow i reckon this week all swannies supporters should wear as much red and white as possible even though during the whole week we must wear out uniform, but during the week, wear it with pride!!! My school librarian is a swannies fan and the front counter of the library is decorated with swannies stuff... so nice to see. :)

CANT WAIT FOR THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO THE SWANNIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
More pressure on the Eagles this year

I'm driving down to Melbourne on Friday

HSC
its gonna be suicide writing this on a majorly NSW board... but ey; go eagles! While people say my loyalities should lie with ol' south melbourne, i just can't stand sydney's game. ...that and my mate barracks for them and i just wanna annoy him.

i think its all green lights for eagles this year. I reckon they will break sydney's "kick n stop" tactics and ultimately beat them. Nevertheless, it will still be a great game to watch.

hope you enjoy the game minai...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)