The Official 2006 AFL Thread (1 Viewer)

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
Expect a similar game to last year - stoppages aplenty and 10 swans around the ruck at any one time.

Sadly, not this time, swans fans.

BOG: Kerr

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
RanyofuKenyan? said:
Are you denying that you said the Swans would lose last year?

Cos I distinctly remember you said they would...and they didn't.

I accurately predicted the GF last year, and I wont be wrong this year either.

Smokey_22 said:
For the GF:

Expect to see
- scrappy, interrupted play with plenty of stoppages
- 10 swans around the ruck at any one time.
- 6-8 swans in defensive 50 at any one time.
-The Eagles to play man-on-man
-6-8 goals at half time. Then the game to open up.

For the swans to win they must at most opportunities get it down quick to hall and o'loughlan, by kicking it long and not pussyfooting around. They also must tag tightly on judd, kerr, embley and cousins, while also winning the ball themselves. They must zone-up at kick-ins and, yep, flooding when the eagles gain momentum in the second half.
If the swans go back to back, surely its enough for Demitiou to stop favouring them by giving them extra draft concessions.

Last edited:

stariiskiez

HSC
As a swans fan, i admitt that i was pretty annoyed at the stoppage that the swannies have in their style of play during the beginning of last seasion, however i can understand why they do it now. It is an attempt to get the ball to the middle to a unmarked player so he can carry the ball forward by themselves without having to kick to a player due to the amount of space they have (something like that... cbb phrasing it properly), hence i understand why they do it. It is much better than kicking to a contest.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Just because a style wins games doesn't mean it's not boring.

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
yeah
poor goodes
full gutted when the siren went =/

babiisapphire

Tennis Fan
HSC
damn it was so close near the end! the comeback by sydney was good but not quite enough >< hmm.. barry hall had a quiet match.. he could of been the difference

stariiskiez

HSC
I'm suprised i havent cried yet... i guess cos we were getting smashed in the first half and the come back was awesome... i'm really proud of the guys... i really really want to go to the home coming tmr at the SCG but i have to work, if anyone can go, you should, the guys needs all our support :) Until next year... we'll show them again what we are made of and prove to Robert Wall's rubbish comment that we are finished BUT WE ARE NOT!!!!!!!!!!! GO THE BLOODS!!!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Got back from Melbourne last night, pretty sour feeling, but hey, the best team won on the day - we played pretty poorly in the first half. But the Swans showed why they are the toughest team to beat in the AFL, coming back like they did in the second half. It wasn't luck or anything, it was sheer hard work that got them to within a point. Honestly, at half time I expected a blow out with the way some of them were playing...

Hope the swans nab Everitt though, as we seriously need a skillful ruckman against Cox, Sandilands and co next year. If the Swans have the same list and maintain the form they've been in (for the majority) from the last two years, could be another GF rematch.

sweet_as

Is with all of my people
HSC
was gutted from the result, but am now looking foward to next year. CARN SWANNIES!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)