The Official 2006 FIFA World Cup thread. (1 Viewer)

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Well deserved win by Italy. Grosso made up for his theatrics in my mind.

Klinnsman should have thrown on a defender or two and played for penalties - it's not like Germany can beat Italy any other way :)

matt#1

HSC
N/A
politik said:
I still hate them. But I hated Germany more since they are the hosts.
You hate Germany purely because they are hosts? ...

Does that mean that you would also hate Australia or Argentina if they were to become hosts:confused: .

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Yeah shame to see Klinsi go :( But it was a fantastic game nonetheless

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
He may be a good coach, he may have a good team, but he's bloody self-centered. I don't think he's ever acknowledged the opposition this tournament. It's always about their divine-ish right to win, somehow they're always better than the other team. Always going on about himself and his players.

Yes, I did want Germany to win, but to the victors go the spoils. Can't wait for France to send them packing. Condemn them to another 12 final-less years.

Marcello LIPPI (ITA)
It would have been unfair if we hadn't won or if it had gone to penalties. Our game was on a higher level to Germany's tonight – we hit the post and the bar, and we had the better of the play. The hosts can have no complaints. We are incredibly happy to have played here in Germany and won despite the fact that there were 60,000 supporters against us. That shows the true character of my team. They played with a lot of confidence and kept possession very well. I’m extremely satisfied and am sure that all Italian fans will be just as pleased today.

It was clear that the end of the extra time would be decisive, which is why I brought on another attacker. As the game wore on, our quality began to shine through more and more, but nevertheless, we would still have been ready for penalties. We had a lot more of the possession overall and that gave us a certain confidence, even if we didn't manage to create that many chances. I’m pleased that Alessandro Del Piero was one of the players who helped to turn the match in our favour. That's not the end of it, though. Now we have to see who we will play in the Final, but we'll take whoever comes – we don't have any preferences.

HSC
yeah i guess italy deserved to win that one, brilliant strike from grosso as well as the follow up with del piero. germany seemed to be on the back foot for most of the match, and again, italy's defence was just too strong.

i don't think any team up to this point has really threatened italy's goal, buffon has hardly been troubled all tournament.

looks like i was wrong for germany to win. i'm still backing france for tommorrow morning though.

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
Great game!

W00t Italy won!

I'll be happy when France loses tonight!

And if they dont, then Italy will surely pwn them!

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
Re: Proof that Grosso did not dive

LMF^^ said:
Hopefully after the World Cup dies down, they can settle their differences and get along wit it, but that's if Ronaldo stays. Fuck it'll break me real bad if he decides to leave, worse than the feelin of the time when Beckham left.
MU's Golden Generation v. Latest Wonderkid ....?

Beckham > Ronaldo. :cool:

Last edited:

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Re: Proof that Grosso did not dive

France ftw, just wanna see Ronaldo cry again :)

bshoc

HSC
N/A
stazi said:
lolz since italy dived to get the penalty, its obvious australia wouldve beaten germany 2-0 as well. maybe 3-0. coz were layk better than italy. then we'd have won the world cup final by the same margin. easy.
You must be kidding, Australia couldn't even get near the Italian goals when Italy was a man down, whereas Italy was constanly hanging around the Aussie goals, if by some act of god Australia beat Italy by dragging the game into 120 and fluking the penalties (the only way Aus could possibly even begin to hope to win the Italy game), Klose and Podolski would make short work of Australia, I say, be thankful Australia can claim to be contraversially thrown out by a questionable penalty, rather than a 3-0 or 4-0 demolishion by Klose and Podolski.

Last edited:

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
bshoc said:
You must be kidding, Australia couldn't even get near the Italian goals when Italy was a man down, whereas Italy was constanly hanging around the Aussie goals, if by some act of god Australia beat Italy by dragging the game into 120 and fluking the penalties (the only way Aus could possibly even begin to hope to win the Italy game), Klose and Podolski would make short work of Australia, I say, be thankful Australia can claim to be contravertially thrown out by a questionable penalty, rather than a 3-0 or 4-0 demolishion by Klose and Podolski.
Although I didnt see that game, I heard that Australia was actually attacking most of the second half.

dddman

Banned
HSC
bshoc said:
You must be kidding, Australia couldn't even get near the Italian goals when Italy was a man down, whereas Italy was constanly hanging around the Aussie goals, if by some act of god Australia beat Italy by dragging the game into 120 and fluking the penalties (the only way Aus could possibly even begin to hope to win the Italy game), Klose and Podolski would make short work of Australia, I say, be thankful Australia can claim to be contraversially thrown out by a questionable penalty, rather than a 3-0 or 4-0 demolishion by Klose and Podolski.
orginally i was gonna label you an arrogrant stupid tool however nevertheless, the labelling of tool shouldnt lower yourself to you therefore your nothing more than a toolbox as after the sent off, the italian coach took off the forwards and replaced them with midfield/defenders. You dont know the tactics of football or anything, your shit. Go to Joga Bonito. It was justa fluke an great coaching from the italians to do so.

typical to show such arrogrance, ur a UNSW student

bshoc

HSC
N/A
dddman said:
orginally i was gonna label you an arrogrant stupid tool however nevertheless, the labelling of tool shouldnt lower yourself to you therefore your nothing more than a toolbox as after the sent off, the italian coach took off the forwards and replaced them with midfield/defenders. You dont know the tactics of football or anything, your shit. Go to Joga Bonito. It was justa fluke an great coaching from the italians to do so.

typical to show such arrogrance, ur a UNSW student
So the Italians didnt need their strikers to put in a goal? Thanks for adding to my case. Self-ownage your specialty?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)