• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official 2006 FIFA World Cup thread. (1 Viewer)

matt#1

HSC
N/A
that fight was from last world cup in korea/japan. Apparently they had another brawl though. Ljungberg must be pretty stupid to pick on Mellberg...that guy is huge!

*Minka*

HSC
sparkl3z said:
hhaha.....i was going to do that for the turkish team but the gay retards didnt make it this time lol so i am completely supporting australia this year, actually maybe i'll support china later on too :) hahaha i just hope they win brazil if they make it to the finals again...brazil deserves to give the cup to somebody else this year!!..actually then i am reminded..australia is in brazils group....effing crap that would be so awesome if australia won against them,that would be the ultimate game, i'd celebrate forever hahaha.
It was like that in 2002 - I had Croatia to support and of course, Croatia went to Semi finals (came third) in 1998 so that was a huge moment, but I am so thirlled to see Australia here. I feel so happy having both teams and also Serbia in the cup.

If brother Australia and Croatia can beat Brasil, what a moment that would be. But for now, I am concentrating on the Aussies beating Japan!

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
AUSTRALIA: Mark Schwarzer, Brett Emerton, Lucas Neill, Craig Moore, Scott Chipperfield, Vince Grella, Jason Culina, Luke Wilkshire, Marco Bresciano, Harry Kewell, Mark Viduka.

JAPAN: Yoshikatsu Kawaguchi, Yuichi Komano, Tsuneyasu Miyamoto, Hidetoshi Nakata, Naohiro Takahara, Shunsuke Nakamura, Atsushi Yanasigawa, Alsessandro Santos, Takashi Fukunushi, Keisuke Tsuboi, Yuji Nakazawa.

Schwarzer starting as well thank god. I think it was set in stone, but I needed to read that to make sure.

*Minka*

HSC
matt#1 said:
that fight was from last world cup in korea/japan. Apparently they had another brawl though. Ljungberg must be pretty stupid to pick on Mellberg...that guy is huge!
HAHAHA that was hilarious - I remember that. Back in the days where Freddie had that hot mohawk.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Despite all of the media reports...Schwarzer was never in doubt. He confirmed his spot in that final game against Uruguay. His exceptional performance v Holland only further confirmed this.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
i hate ref bashing coz usually the ref does the best job he can, but honestly this dude needs to go back to coaching pee wee.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
well duh.

anyhoos it'd be fine if they were more agressive instead of throwing their weight around. brazil never throw their weight around, their quick, skilled and play with their brains.

hurry up australia.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I noticed the defence seems a bit lacking for Aussies... but I also can't help but ponder the ref's bias!!! It's funny they keep referring to him by his nationality rather than name- eg. "The EGYPTIAN official".

Sigh. C'mon Australia!

*Minka*

HSC
If that referee EVER attempts to enter Australia, I hope Border Security SHOOTS HIM ON SIGHT.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)