The Official 2006 FIFA World Cup thread. (1 Viewer)

matt#1

HSC
N/A
2-2. What a thrilling finish. I'll take back what I said about this being a boring game. Saudi Arabia v Tunisia was surprisingly one of the most entertaining matches so far! :).

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Well fuck me dead, I multi bet all 3 draws tonight, and I'll be pissed off if Germany and Poland draw too.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
johnny_87 said:
Cheers mercurial. There's a condition on there about not betting properly. I suppose they don't want you betting $100 on Brazil to make it out of the group at $1.01?

Joining tomorrow or Friday. Plenty of time still.

Tonight's games:

Spain 1-0 Ukraine
Tunisia 2-0 Saudi Arabia
Germany 3-1 Poland
nope, bet $100 on brazil if you want to make it out of the group. still get a jersey.

politik - sif go to circular quay. it will be soooo cold at that time. go to agincourt instead.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Also, the more I think about it, the less I think we'll make it out of the group :( Brazil and croatia are playing amazingly (well, brazil is playing crap, but they have the talent; croatia dominated in the second half).
Then again, I think we can draw against Brazil on a Brazilian 'bad day'.

I'm very interested to find out what Guus is going to do on game day? Will he risk the yellow-carded players getting another one and missing out on the croatia game? Or will he simply go very defensive and rest cahill, etc for most of the game.

Good to hear that Ronaldo is starting. It seems the coach loves him too much, especially how last game he was kept on for way too long. I don't think ronaldo's form will significantly improve either.
We are lucky to have schwartzer as I think he can save many outside shots (which Brazil seemed to be focusing on).
Beating Brazil's defense is tough, though. THey played the offside trap many a time and are faster than any of our forwards.
Oh well, time will tell.
Head's prediction: Brazil 2-0
Heart: 1-1 or 0-0

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Looks like guus is going in full-strengthed:

Australia have ruled out the prospect of fielding a weakened team in their next World Cup match against Brazil to protect their players from being suspended for their final Group F game with Croatia. Four players -- Tim Cahill and John Aloisi and defenders Vince Grella and Craig Moore -- collected yellow cards on Monday
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/team?id=628&cc=3436

EDIT: I didn't read the article fully - no one has reached a decision. There's pros and cons for resting players: you need to win the croatia game, thus missing any of the yellow-carded players is a sin. However, on a brazilian bad day we could beat them with a full-strength squad

Last edited:

matt#1

HSC
N/A
stazi said:
Looks like guus is going in full-strengthed:

Australia have ruled out the prospect of fielding a weakened team in their next World Cup match against Brazil to protect their players from being suspended for their final Group F game with Croatia. Four players -- Tim Cahill and John Aloisi and defenders Vince Grella and Craig Moore -- collected yellow cards on Monday
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/team?id=628&cc=3436
Fair enough. Its a bit risky but I guess that most nations will be playing their yellow-carded players. In Guus we trust! :)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
second half i thought they were great. first half they sucked.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Hopefully Klose can a score a goal or 3 tonight. I added him to my fantasy team. I'll tip Germany 3-1 Poland in another high-scoring match. Ballack is back for Germany tonight as well...so I really can't see anything but a big win for Germany.

Last edited:

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Here is the BoS Fantasy World Cup ladder after the completion of phase 1 of the group stage:

1 Xen XI Night Elf Druid 0 58
2 Copious's Hammers Howie T 0 54
3 World XI Johnny Heitinga 0 52
4 Retards John Huang 0 51
5 azzurri Vince P 0 51
6 DRAGONZ LAIR Rob P 0 44
7 Ragingsheep FC Y H 0 43
8 boo ben g 0 40
9 Paragon FC P M 0 38
9 Paragon's Back-ups. P M 0 38
11 sunjet united justen r 0 37
11 Benny's Reds Ben Yan 0 37
11 Dream Team XI matt #1 0 37
14 MQ Pride Jimmy Lo 0 35
15 Arsenal FC andrew russell 0 35
16 Fk Rabotnicki a g 0 34
17 blackmagic8716 Mr Mr 0 32
18 waf Justin Simon 0 31
19 Paragon, while at it P M 0 22
20 RUB!X Uber XI M B 0 21

I'm pretty low down on that list at the moment...but will hopefully score a few more points in this phase. Cahill was the highest scoring player of all in this game during phase 1, with 13 point. Impressive :).

mecurial

HSC
How can Podolski miss??

Great game in terms of intensity. Both sides very committed. Germany lack a touch of fluency witnessed v Costa Rica, maybe they look to Ballack to often.

cimbom

HSC
Germany Poland 0-0 at half time... Germany's dominating, Poland has been booked twice, Szymkowiak is still on the bench :( .

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Damn, ive got money on germany to win.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
damn it. quite a bit of money tied up in this game. come on germany, score.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
success! except the main problem is that poland will likely start playing defensive.

EDIT: re the send off

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
GOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAALLL!!! how bloody amazing have the last 10 mins been.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)