• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official 2006 FIFA World Cup thread. (4 Viewers)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
So many trolls in here, all a bunch of faggots.

Fuckin Kewell, how can you miss the open goal...? Guus had faith in him and he let us down. Anyway it ain't like it's unexpected, but now we need to concentrate fully on Croatia.

Collin

HSC
N/A
1-0 would of been alright. But Fred's tap-in in the 90th minute was just fucking aggravating. Sighhhh

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
miss_gtr said:
shhh, you're being unaustralian. We know we had no chance, but we didnt admit it. Yeah, missed chances :(. Viduka...bah.
Viduka played brilliantly today, best performance by him in an Australian shirt fo a long long time. Harry Kewell missed the best chances of the night.

Oh and Culina shot straight at the keeper again, 3rd time I've seen him do that when he had support from the right. Why...? He did it against Greece, Netherlands and now Brazil, and still he can't get it right. Fuck that shit.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
All good. huge match on Friday. Should be a big turnout everywhere at 5am!

HSC
i don't think we did too badly considering it was brazil. there were a lot of frustrating missed chances, but brazil had a lot of those too .. idk, as important as our defence is, i think we need to focus more on our offence. there's just no-one up there and it's pissing me off.

i'm not that shattered, i think australia did a good job and frustrated brazil to boot.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
katietheskatie said:
i don't think we did too badly considering it was brazil. there were a lot of frustrating missed chances, but brazil had a lot of those too .. idk, as important as our defence is, i think we need to focus more on our offence. there's just no-one up there and it's pissing me off.

i'm not that shattered, i think australia did a good job and frustrated brazil to boot.
exactly.

Collin

HSC
N/A
I'm just pissed off cause' of the late goal. I didn't feel that the Socceroos could do away with many goals, but I would of been OK with a draw.. or even 0-1.

Now I'm just beginning to comprehend the anguish the Japs would of felt.. bugger.

- L1n -

HSC
Collin said:
1-0 would of been alright. But Fred's tap-in in the 90th minute was just fucking aggravating. Sighhhh
Well if it did'nt go in it would of being aggravating for Brazil, it did hit the post.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
well, i think we did a fantastic job. especially against BRAZIL! and croatia sucked so all we need is a draw on friday morning. or better yet, a win. omg i haven't had any sleep except for a couple of minutes trainhopping (wooo travel pass - i went out to watch japan v croatia and aus v brazil, and since i had to head into uni today to hand stuff in i decided to stay out rather than go home and come back out again)... i am absolutely zonked!!

politik said:
I just got home from Circular Quay/Leichardt, i'll post my videos of the crowd in the morning. Best one was 'Ronaldo's a fat cunt!' and 'Who the fuck's Brazil?!' and an amazing rendition of Waltzing Matilda the crowd sang.
hahaha sounds like us... had a great night with stas and justin and other friends, went to scruffy murphy's/paddy maguire's/random pub on pitt st... watched japan v croatia at cheers, nice and warm... and then for some reason we decided to head to the park at eddy avenue for australia v brazil :eek: lots of random insults at the brazilian team (ronaldo in particular) cooooooooooold but free sausage sizzle!! lots of crazy koreans haha and we led the cheer squad, getting everyone up for the national anthem (the koreans took photos of us!!) hahaa... i couldn't feel my feet by the end

also went to maccas (absolutely packed) where stas charmed the people next to us with his penis talk while we lined up for half an hour... then this guy proceeded to sleep on four seats behind waf, it was absolutely hilarious and we have video footage ahahhaa

everyone come out for australia v croatia!

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
personally, i was a little (just a little) bit disappointed. after reading about how australia had missed so many chances at scoring, particularly the open shot for kewell. of course we played well on the field, it wasnt accurately reflected on the scoreboard.

my small regret was also based on the fact that if brazil beat croatia by only 1 does paint a small picture that brazil wasnt as brilliant as it used to be in 2002. if brazil doesnt win the cup this year, i wouldnt be surprised.

i was thinking that we would be the 'underdogs' that would make it far in the competition, like how South Korea advanced to the semis in the 2002 comp. created a bit of a stir and upstart.

Come on Australia. Learn ur lesson from the Brazil match and show ur improvement in our crucial match against Croatia.

anyway, thats my 2 cents ;). please voice ur disagreement all u like ;)

*braces for the inevitable criticism that will come my way*

HSC
we did a few stupid things, but i think to be genuinely disappointed, nah .. i mean come on, we barely even scraped into the world cup, and the best team in the world were pretty much shitting themselves in surprise in the first half an hour or so.

otay

HSC
Firstly let me just say how damn proud I am to be Australian. And don't worry about 2-0, coz that faltters them tremendously. The boys played their hearts and played terrifically. We matched Brazil stride for stride and except for the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half, we dominated the second half. We had various chances on goal and were a little unlucky not to come away with something. I always said that we had a shout and any1 who watched that game saw that clearly they were rattled by us and we were in with more than a shout.

The first half, I think we played the much better football. They barely had a shot, and weren't creating anything at all. We had a very organised defence and actually looked every bit as good going forward as they did. Which is why it hurt so much that they scored so quickly after the break. I mean it was one of the only mistakes the defence made the whole game. We were caught off guard and they capitalised, full credit to them. From that point on though Guus made a few changes and really we dominated things. Yeah they had a few counterattacking moments, but we had no defence left really and were going for broke. Harry missed a sitter unfortnately. He also had a shot just go over, and missed a one on one. Dukes also had a shot JUST go over right at the end and of course Bresciano was denied a spectacular goal from a good save. They were the type of moments that, if we had the rub of the green, could have helped us claim 3 points. Brazil on the other hand had an early Kaka shot, the Adriano goal, a Kaka header, a robinho shot and then the last unfortunate goal. That's all they had on target. They didn't dominate. They were struggling and as I said 2-0 flattered them tremendously. It was while we had all our guys up in attack and they capitalised.

All the players put in 100%. Now this isn't an excuse just an observation, coz I dunno if it woulda changed the outcome, but did the referee seem overawed by the situation? I mean they were (Lucio particular) tackling our players from behind and yet they would get the free-kick coz they go down like a bunch of sissy girls (apologies to all sissy girls). I mean you see Viduka getting his legs hacked and yet coz he's a fucking man and doesnt go down like a pansy, he doesn't get a free-kick. It was soo frustrating to watch. It was as if since they are brazilian, the have to get the free-kick. It was utter bullshit. Once again not an excuse since its not the only game in World Cup when this has happened.

And to next game. Well judging from how poorly Croatia played and how well we played, I say we are a very decent chance of making to the 2nd round. And after that display, either we can take on any1 in this tournament, or Brazil are in fact overrated. So good luck.

Oh and great to hear the crowd in Munich. They may have the better team/actresses (Lucio, Ronaldo) but we by far have the best supporters. All I could hear were their chants

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I am a little disapointed, to tell you the truth. 1-0 I'd have been proud, and although 2-0 doesn't show really affect our needed outcome, I felt that we should have held firm. But, oh well. Still very proud of the way we played.

I am reaaaally surprised, actually, that odds are for us to lose to croatia. We put in as good a game against brazil as they did (well, they were better in the second half, but we were consistent), we beat japan whereas they couldn't do anything right [furthermore JAPANESE GOALIE FOR PRESIDENT THANK YOU FOR THE SAVE!!!!], and theyre going to be missing their best defender.
Yet it's:
Croatia 2.30, Draw 3.20, Aus 3.00
??? I really don't get it

Even stranger is that to win it, we're at $71, whereas the croats are at $121

otay

HSC
stazi said:
I am a little disapointed, to tell you the truth. 1-0 I'd have been proud, and although 2-0 doesn't show really affect our needed outcome, I felt that we should have held firm. But, oh well. Still very proud of the way we played.

I am reaaaally surprised, actually, that odds are for us to lose to croatia. We put in as good a game against brazil as they did (well, they were better in the second half, but we were consistent), we beat japan whereas they couldn't do anything right [furthermore JAPANESE GOALIE FOR PRESIDENT THANK YOU FOR THE SAVE!!!!], and theyre going to be missing their best defender.
Yet it's:
Croatia 2.30, Draw 3.20, Aus 3.00
??? I really don't get it

Even stranger is that to win it, we're at $71, whereas the croats are at $121
That just means get money on Australia before odds go down. It's just earlybacklash from last night, people haven't actually thought about it too hard yet.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Last nights match just goes to show how overrated Ronaldo is. I hate him for his arrogance and total disrespect. Maybe he might shut his mouth now, though I would have been near crying if we had pulled off the win.

Another highlight....

a slow-motion replay of Ronaldinho taking a drink of water, and it all comes spurting out. I have said it before, and I will say it again...

im certain that he is Makybe Diva's son.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)