• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official 2006 FIFA World Cup thread. (1 Viewer)

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Croatia 1-0 Aussies. I just hope what I wrote before about the danger of Croatia getting an early goal and hanging on dosen't come back to haunt us. I'm unfortunately known in this thread for my psychic ability :(.

Anyway, we can come back. Plenty of time. What's with Kalac > Schwarzer? Schwarzer would have saved that free kick IMO lol. In fairness to Kalac though...it was a nice strike by Srna. Work that magic, Guus!!!

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Penalty!!!!! Yeeeeesssss!!!! C'mon Whoever Takes It...

edit: Craig Moore scores!!! Beautiful penalty. In truth...we deserve that anyway because we are clearly the dominant team after a nervous start. :).

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
matt#1 said:
Croatia 1-0 Aussies. I just hope what I wrote before about the danger of Croatia getting an early goal and hanging on dosen't come back to haunt us. I'm unfortunately known in this thread for my psychic ability :(.

Anyway, we can come back. Plenty of time. What's with Kalac > Schwarzer? Schwarzer would have saved that free kick IMO lol. In fairness to Kalac though...it was a nice strike by Srna. Work that magic, Guus!!!
Haha nah it would be a tough task fo any goalkeeper to save that free kick. It only looks savable when you see it in slow motion. No chance in real time.

Poll owed us a penalty, we deserved that one.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
The Croatians have got to be some of the dirtiest players. I really dont rate the way they play at all.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Aloisi to score guys...

C'mon Aussies!!! We have come too far to go home now! yeeeeeeeesssssss!!!!!!!!!! Kewell!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
I thoroughly recommend watching the Brazil vs Japan game. I watched it, great entertainment value

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
breaking said:
what a fucking strange ending lol
Yeah, my friend would've been pissed off since he multibetted Italy Ghana Australia Brazil win and Poll denied him.

It would be interestin if Croatia won after havin Simunic stayin on the field when he should've been off.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Johnny Warren told us, guys!!! He would be so proud right now:).

...and what about Guus Hiddink? Best manager ever!!!

Not only are Australia winning...but we are playing beautiful attacking football as well. Joga Bonito Aussies!!

With Viduka, Aloisi, Kennedy, Kewell, Bresciano, Cahill and Cullina all on the pitch at the same time it is no surprise that we were able to score a 2nd goal. You are a tactical genius Hiddink!!!

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Playin Italy next, I have a good feelin that Guus will work the magic against Italy again. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)