The Official 2006 FIFA World Cup thread. (2 Viewers)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Reminds me of France 2002, when Trezeguet also hit the underside of the crossbar and they failed to score a goal in the tournament. I feel that Holland will suffer the same fate in this game.

otay

HSC
Ahahaha brilliant. Well done Portugal and matt#1. I'm off to my exam now to bring me off my high.

Go Socceroos 2nite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
matt#1 said:
Van Bronckhorst red carded. That makes 4 red cards and about 20 card altogether lol. Crazy.
Yup, 20 yellow cards altogether. ROFLMAO funniest game ever.

EDIT: my mistake, only 16 yellows.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Mike Ockisard said:
thankyou portugal

kept my dream alive

now all i need is for:

Switzerland to beat Ukraine
Brazil to beat Ghana
Spain to beat France

all without going to extra time, and I will collect $222.65 ------ OFF A $1 BET!

fingers crossed!
Dude, my one is a $5 bet, but I have involved the Aussies, and a draw between Spain and France. I just found the game funny, really funny.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
@ Mike Ockisard...we can still beat England. Other than the red carded players...we won't be too affected in the next game. I'm more worried about the next game if we beat England because with so many guys on yellow cards...we will certainly lose a few more for the semi if we make it that far....and even more if we make the final. Tiago can easily replace Costinha and perhaps Simao can start in the place of Deco. We really need a fully fit Ronaldo though.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Sorry about all the offensive language used in my posts throughout the game....but it is justified by the game that just took place. Even more so because I am Portuguese. Força Portugal!

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Mike Ockisard said:
thankyou portugal

kept my dream alive

now all i need is for:

Switzerland to beat Ukraine
Brazil to beat Ghana
Spain to beat France

all without going to extra time, and I will collect $222.65 ------ OFF A $1 BET!

fingers crossed!
It's not really a $1 bet cause you made lots of other little bets, but great return nonetheless.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
I still think that we can beat England in the next match, because despite the suspensions...we can still have a pretty strong starting side:

GK: Ricardo

RB: Miguel
CB: Carvalho
CB: Meira
LB: Valente

DM: Tiago
DM: Petit

LM: Figo
CM: Maniche
RM: Simao

CF: Pauleta

...Scholari can also bring in Chelsea's Paulo Ferreira for one of the defenders and Luis Boa Morte for one of the midfield players. Ronaldo may also be fit to play. Fortunately for Scholari...the Portuguese squad has good depth of quality. As a stated before...all of the yellow cards will not affect our team to play England (only the red carded players will)...the yellows just mean that we will probably have less players to choose from in the semi-final if we make it that far.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Now that England and Portugal have managed to win...hopefully the only other team that I care about (Australia, of course) can win also. I can't wait for tonight's match. I'm pumped after that win.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
hmmm...perhaps I should stop posting and start studying for tomorrow's exam. Or perhaps I should sleep. Either way my theory of:

World Cup > sleep > study

...is going to have a very detrimental effect on my results this semester :(. Being able to witness the excitement and controversy of games such as the previous one should make it worth it though (as long as I don't fail).

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
The Portugal vs Dutchies match just turned into a ridiculous cards fest. It could have been a great match :(
And although England were crap, they should beat a weakened Portugal side

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
If Australia does win tonight, our opponents would either be Shevchenko or Switzerland. Not looking too far ahead, but that potential Quarter Final looks manageable. We'll see after tonight :)

GO AUSTRAYA!!!

matt#1

HSC
N/A
politik said:
What about Messi? Not only is he good with the ball but he makes every girl I know go 'AWWWW HE'S SOOOO CUTEEEEE'. Pity he looks like a baby.
...Messi? Pfft. For an example of a footballer with supreme looks and ball skills...how can you go past Crouchie. I was so disappointed that I didn't get to see him for England last night. Messi's team mate Tevez is another good example of a player that comprises such attributes :).

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Multi 1
World Cup - Matches - SPAIN v FRANCE - To Qualify - SPAIN Win 1.57
World Cup - Matches - BRAZIL v GHANA - To Qualify - BRAZIL Win 1.08
World Cup - Matches - SWITZERLAND v UKRAINE - To Qualify - UKRAINE Win 2.00
World Cup - Matches - GERMANY v ARGENTINA - To Qualify - GERMANY Win 1.87
World Cup - Matches - PORTUGAL v NETHERLANDS - To Qualify - PORTUGAL Win win

$2 for a total of 28.54

Multi 2
World Cup - Matches - BRAZIL v GHANA - Head To Head - BRAZIL Win 1.23
World Cup - Matches - ENGLAND v ECUADOR - Head To Head - ENGLAND Win 1.46 (Winner)
World Cup - Matches - SWITZERLAND v UKRAINE - Head To Head - UKRAINE Win 2.85
World Cup - Matches - SPAIN v FRANCE - Head To Head - SPAIN Win 2.20

$3.00 for 33.78

A lot relies on ukraine going through, for both, then spain winning. Tough call, as france is firing up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)