The Official 2006 FIFA World Cup thread. (4 Viewers)

- L1n -

HSC
politik said:
You know nothing about the COMEMBOL zone, so shut the fuck up. Ecuador can beat any team in the world at home, but they can only do it 3 kilometres above ground though.
Can't admit the fact ur beloved argentina lost to Ecuador away but at the same time ecuador got a pt from them in argentina. Then i can very well say England is the best team in the world but becos of the heat they suck.

- L1n -

HSC
acmilan said:
I think Australia would much prefer Ghana to beat USA and czech-italy to draw so they can play Ghana in the next round instead of either czech or italy (assuming aus comes 2nd in their group).

Ghana is definitely a better ooposition then Italy, yeh true Essien and his team is fast paced and our defence will have trouble at times, but atleast our attack can penetrate their defence as well, but if we get Italy how exactly are we gonna break through that defence. No one has actually scored against them in the comp so far, that own goal in the USA match was just plain stupid, Zaccardo screwed it.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Ghana is a top team so is Cote D'Ivoir who deserved to make it through; stop worrying about this, Australia needs to beat Croatia, tie tonight and even better if Japan beats Croatia.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
blue_chameleon said:
YBK, take a minute to cast your memory back to the Confederations Cup a couple of years ago. Do you remember the scorline of the Brazil v Aus game?

I think it was Aus 1 - Brazil 0.

Whilst we are definately outsiders, its seems that quite a few people are quick to be taken in by the aura of Brazilians and what they are capable of, rather than the actual form they are currently in. Id say its going to be a closer match than a lot of people expect.

Though, they wouldnt dare lose against Australia, not after the coach of the Brazilian side that lost against Australia was sacked before he even got home to Brazil. Im sure that would be fresh in the coaches mind, and indeed the players.Its all going to come down to who wants it more.
A few years = 5 years (2001, wasn't it?). Brazil was also severely understrengthed.

otay

HSC
- L1n - said:
Can't admit the fact ur beloved argentina lost to Ecuador away but at the same time ecuador got a pt from them in argentina. Then i can very well say England is the best team in the world but becos of the heat they suck.
Hate to take further credibility from you mate but Ecuador didn't get a point from Argentina away. March 30, 2004 Argentina 1 Ecuador 0. Buenos Aires was location, Crespo the scorer. Get your facts right mate

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
otay said:
Thats bullshit I'm sorry. Ecuador play their home matches a billion metres above sea level (slight exaggeration) and thus have a far greater advantage than their argentinian and brazilian counterparts. Fact is until Australia play Ecuador, we won't know. By your logic, Ecuador beat Argentina, who lost their most recent match to England, who in turn lost their most recent match to Australia. See how flawed it is. Not taking anything away from Ecuador. They are playing very good football but atm any comparison between them and the socceroos is mere speculation.
Have you seen Ecuador's gameplay? It seriously owns anything i've seen from the socceroos. They actuallly have skill, a lot of it. Imagine Guus as their coach, they'd actually have a chance of winning the cup! Not saying that their chances of doing well right now are low at all. The only reason the socceroos are doing well is their determination, physical strength and excellent coach. We don't have as much skill as Ecuador, that's pretty clear. I guess I can't say Ecuador is MUCH better than Socceroos. But they are better by a good margin...

You dismiss everyone's views as bullshit... But - L1n - makes sense. Just because two teams have never played does not mean that comparision can't be made between them. But anyway, it's not a fact that Ecuador are MUCH better than Australia, it's just my opinion.

otay

HSC
YBK said:
Have you seen Ecuador's gameplay? It seriously owns anything i've seen from the socceroos. They actuallly have skill, a lot of it. Imagine Guus as their coach, they'd actually have a chance of winning the cup! Not saying that their chances of doing well right now are low at all. The only reason the socceroos are doing well is their determination, physical strength and excellent coach. We don't have as much skill as Ecuador, that's pretty clear. I guess I can't say Ecuador is MUCH better than Socceroos. But they are better by a good margin...

You dismiss everyone's views as bullshit... But - L1n - makes sense. Just because two teams have never played does not mean that comparision can't be made between them. But anyway, it's not a fact that Ecuador are MUCH better than Australia, it's just my opinion.
Nah mate I dismiss bullshit as bullshit. Such as pointing out that they beat Argentina and Brazil yet neglecting the fact that it was played at such high altitudes as to suit the Ecuadoreans. I mean you use parameters such as Brazil didn't have a full strength squad when we beat them, what about the same for Ecuador?? L1n also claimed since they'd beaten Argentina that automatically means they are better than Australia, using quite suspect logic, and I just disproved it. And no mate comparisons are very hard to draw unless teams actually play against each other. Otherwise countless other variables come into play making it very difficult to make such assertions. I didn't say you couldn't do it, I say it would be "mere speculation" I think.
I respect your opinion...I just disagree. And I don't just immediately dismiss it, if you notice I have carefully disproven points both you and L1n have made. I will admit though, as with most things it's easier to disprove than prove. Anyway who cares about them??

otay

HSC
politik said:
Two underdogs go up against two powers tonight, Korea v France and Australia v Brazil.
I love France and can't admit I'm that fond of Korea, but I think they have quite a decent chance. It really depends which France (more specifically Henry) decides to show up (as with Brazil against us I feel)

johnny_87

HSC
France v Korea draw is paying $4.10 and $4.25 on different sites. Great odds. I put some of the $100 on it.

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
Ahhh! This is so shit, i've got an exam tomorrow morning but i really really want to watch the match tonight :s :s what to do?!?!?!?

*Minka*

HSC
GUTEN MORGEN from Munich!

I am so excited for this afternoon - am getting dressed in my Aussie colors soon and about to do my hair (my Brother's girlfriend is doing me some cute green and gold streaks that will come out tommorow) and you would not bgeopieve the atmosphere and excitement over here. Everyone in Germany has been fabulous to us - Australia has really been adopted here. I had the choice between going to this game and the Croatia game, but I have picked this one and am so excited for it and of course, Croatia v Australia in a few days.

(I HATE THIS COMPUTER (brothers girlfriends laptop) I AM USING) at least my wireless is working on it.

*Minka*

HSC
stazi said:
in munich, they say everything twice
More like five times so I can get some idea of what they are saying to me. How is the buildup back home?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
*Minka* said:
More like five times so I can get some idea of what they are saying to me. How is the buildup back home?
i mean that you double posted

*Minka*

HSC
sunjet said:
who else has an exam at 8am and is watching the game??
Did my exams early but even if I was doing an exam at 8am tommorow, I'd have been watching.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)