The Official 2006 FIFA World Cup thread. (2 Viewers)

johnny_87

HSC
Any player who accumulates 1 yellow card has a clean slate for the knock-out stages.

Example:

Cahill picks up a yellow vs Japan, but not against Brazil nor Croatia. He now must receive another 2 yellow cards before he is suspended as once the group stage ends, the yellow cards are effectively wiped out.

HSC
big stalemate for that match, i didn't watch it either, but i bet van der sar was probably a big reason for argentina not registering any goals. he's one of the GK's of the tournament for me so far.

anybody think kalac will get a chance at our match v croatia? i wouldn't be surprised, but i think hiddink will stick to schwarzer.

i managed to get up to catch the last few minutes of serbia play cote d'voire, shame serbia had to concede two penalties. but serbia were on the back foot for most of the second half, so i guess ivory coast deserved to go home with the win.

random: i love the fact how two polish born players are playing for germany. i wouldve thought they'd stick to their homeland.

but on other fixtures, i just hope we get through to the next round. almost nil chance of japan defeating brazil on more than 2(?) goals to advance, but let's not forget france 98. croatia, 3rd place. i think harry should play the full 90' for us to have a great chance at opening the scoresheet. i think ill be too fucked to get up at 5am, though. i still have one exam left lulz.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
Brazil would have to rest a few players though

HotShot

-_-
HSC
sando said:
Brazil would have to rest a few players though
Japan are all over the place atm, brazil should win comfortably - as in they will play slowly and carefully. work on their technqiues and strategies etc. Somehow i felt the Braz vs Aus match, that brazil wasnt even trying, there was a lot of hesitation. and i felt with the aussie forwards as well, as if they couldnt believe how weak the brazilian at times was.

Look Australia has brillaint team, especially their defense i have to say is awesome. Yeah we may have conceded 3 goals, of which 1 was questionable the other two were when we are attacking and lol the defenders couldnt get back in time. The problem lies with forwards, they j ust have so many chances and they are wasting it, we should hammering all of those into the back of the net. The one kewell missed is shameful an opengoal...

HSC
HotShot said:
The problem lies with forwards, they j ust have so many chances and they are wasting it, we should hammering all of those into the back of the net. The one kewell missed is shameful an opengoal...
i agree, those sitters should be going in. a lot of our shots at goal v brazil were pretty soft, i think the only real shot that had a chance of going in was bresciano's wonderstrike, but dida had it covered.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
king_of_boredom said:
i agree, those sitters should be going in. a lot of our shots at goal v brazil were pretty soft, i think the only real shot that had a chance of going in was bresciano's wonderstrike, but dida had it covered.
Bresciano's shot was brillaint, shots on target are generally brillaint, they demoralise the defense of the opposition. Missin the target, demoralises the forwards.
So that shot that kewell took with the open goal if just hit the post i would have been a little bit happier but a complete miss...

if we gotthose chances against japan we would have never have been one down in the first place and we would prob drawn or even won against brazil.

This is where i question hiddink: we are one down and we want to win, yeah sure attack, but its pointless to sent them all into attack and have two back when we are missing half of the shots. its better if we are in that mood to miss, to lay back and create a mistake from brazil (like a foul or something) and play with tat. Against Japan it worked, but it was diferent situation we dominant in the game throughout the 90mins.

against croatia once again i will STRESS we must score FIRST. and we must play possesion soccer like how netherlands plays.

otay

HSC
HotShot said:
This is where i question hiddink: we are one down and we want to win, yeah sure attack, but its pointless to sent them all into attack and have two back when we are missing half of the shots. its better if we are in that mood to miss, to lay back and create a mistake from brazil (like a foul or something) and play with tat. Against Japan it worked, but it was diferent situation we dominant in the game throughout the 90mins.
I disagree. We had to attack. And even though we didn't score, we can take heart from the fact that we were dictating play against BRAZIL towards the end. That will give us confidence. We know if we keep creating the chances, we can score. Lol at the "create a mistake from brazil (like a foul" part, as if the ref woulda given us a free kick anyway.

I do agree and think we have to attack and go for win against Croatia, and I believe we can do it. Kennedy must have a part to play though and start Aloisi instead of Sterjovski. Also start Kewell and bring Bresciano and Kennedy in off bench in 2nd half.

otay

HSC
------------------Shwarzer---------------

--Emerton ---Moore --- Neill ----Chippers

------------Cullina----Grella--------------------

Cahill-----------------------------Kewell

-------Viduka----------Aloisi----------------

With chippers and Emerton typically pushing up and when doing so Cullina and/or Grella covering for them. Substitues; Bresciano on for Either kewell or Cahill, Kennedy for Viduka or Aloisi. Maybe change for others depending on match situation and who's playing good or not.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
ok to answer a few of your questions regarding centrebet ...

i applied and BET my $100 and within 3 working days i was sent the voucher in the mail ...
you must bet the full 100 before they send you the voucher, i bet my 100 on sweden to make the final 16 @ 1.47 so i got $47 profit AND a free shirt, cant go wrong if u bet WISELY (unlike mike) but ofcourse centrebets aim is to forego short term profit, to try and lure you in for good, so be careful ...

i bought my shirt at rebel mid-city ... you CAN get bresciano, warren, aloisi, viduka, cahill or kewell if i remember correctly and their respective numbers printed on, they have a printing machine out front ...

also if you dont want an australian shirt, all the other countries are there, even ones which arent in the world cup AND the respective famous players from each of the countries (only a few, differs between countries, england had about 7 names, brazil 5, coatia 3 etc with some of the countries you can get famous older players also i.e beckenbauer, platini, warren, best ...) can also be printed on the shirts, (no world cup badge though) ...

another word on centrbet, you dont have to show any form of ID ... i got my voucher without showing a thing ... although they send u an email and ask u to proof of ID within 90 days of registering ...

yeah i think thats the best lineup otay, but guus knows more than anyone, in guus we trust ...

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
If Australia are losing to Croatia, what's stopping Brazil from conceding a few goals and letting Japan grab a BIG win?

Zico is one of Brazil's former superstars ..

I'm half-Croatian. And half-Serbian, but we'll forget about THEM lol.

Fuck the Croats tomorrow morning, though.

Will be interesting to see our starting lineup .. it sucks how there isn't room in the XI with our formation for both Cahill and Bresciano to start.

And it's awesome that Robert Kovac is out suspended. Good news for Viduka and co.

Far_Q

HSC
My predicted team for tonight.

-------------------Schwarzer--------------------

--Emerton---Moore---Neill---Chipperfield--

---------------- Culina---Grella-----------------

------Cahill-------Bresciano-----Kewell-------

---------------------Viduka-----------------------

I think that's our best 11, Guus didn't start Bresciano and Kewell against Brazil to save them for this game. Aloisi and maybe Kennedy will be used in second half if needed...

HotShot

-_-
HSC
otay said:
I disagree. We had to attack. And even though we didn't score, we can take heart from the fact that we were dictating play against BRAZIL towards the end. That will give us confidence. We know if we keep creating the chances, we can score. Lol at the "create a mistake from brazil (like a foul" part, as if the ref woulda given us a free kick anyway.

I do agree and think we have to attack and go for win against Croatia, and I believe we can do it. Kennedy must have a part to play though and start Aloisi instead of Sterjovski. Also start Kewell and bring Bresciano and Kennedy in off bench in 2nd half.
Just pointing out attacking is a gud option. but i think leaving just two defenders and the rest hurrying back against Brazil isnt gud option, maybe for some time searching for the equaliser - 5 -to 10 minutes, then play possesion football 4 3 3, with 3 defenders hanging back at all times, one moving bringing the ball into midfield and the midfield +forwards all attack. tat way to some extent we can manage the counter.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Far_Q said:
My predicted team for tonight.

------Cahill-------Bresciano-----Kewell-------

I think that's our best 11, Guus didn't start Bresciano and Kewell against Brazil to save them for this game. Aloisi and maybe Kennedy will be used in second half if needed...
I dont know if Cahill should start, his energy would be needed near the end, just to finish the game of, or if need a goal. Bresiano was brillaint against brazil. my prediction

Yeah thats pretty lineup though, wondering if it will be 4-3-1-2 formation, with kewell and viduka upfront, bresciano in the midlle, then emerton, culina, grell, and then lazardis, moore, neirl and chipperfield at the back. emerton to play midfielder or defense?
oh its not tonight its tomorrow morning rite?

johnny_87

HSC
My voucher came yesterday and I have my jersey now ready for the big game! :)

COME ON AUSSIES!!!

If they win, I win about $80 too! But I won't be too disappointed with a draw!

johnny_87

HSC

--Bresciano------------------------Kewell

-------------Viduka---------Aloisi--------------

Perhaps this would be best? Cahill could come on at half-time or just after (or even before like Kewell in the Uruguay game) if things aren't going to plan and Guus feels he can make an impact. Kennedy could also come on if we need a goal.

The other formation I'd play would be:

----Bresciano-----Cahill-------Kewell-------

*Minka*

HSC
DRAGONZ said:
I'm half-Croatian. And half-Serbian, but we'll forget about THEM lol.

Fuck the Croats tomorrow morning, though.
YAAAAAAY!

I am Croatian as well - born in Zagreb Croatia in fact, lcame to Australia in late 1996 (Well, my ethnic background works out to be about 70% Croatian, 30% Serbian but w/e) and I am throwing ALL my love and support behind the Australians as well. I am so proud fo be Australian and can't WAIT for thge game.

(That explains why I am up so early Stuttgat time - too excited to sleep. I have NO IDEA how I will make it through the day here)

*Minka*

HSC
johnny_87 said:
My voucher came yesterday and I have my jersey now ready for the big game! :)

COME ON AUSSIES!!!

If they win, I win about $80 too! But I won't be too disappointed with a draw!
I am thinking of getting my grandmother to do it for me so I can get another Jersey - what color one did you get?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
zomg! cant wait until 5am. unfortunately, im too sick to go out into the city, but I guess we'll see.

tigerlily**

HSC
Yeah luv it! Go ROOS! 5am tomorrow...Aus v Croatia gonna watch it. I'm guessing maybe 1-nil. (Australia's way) This is THE match to watch!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)