The Official 2006 FIFA World Cup thread. (1 Viewer)

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Since i live like 5min from the city if we win l'll go join in the celebrations.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Well it better not rain, I want to have a slight chance to catch a glimpse of you guys in the crowd at CQ (from my tv screen :p). Get some sleep asap guys, I'm sure you'll need every minute of it. ;)

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
*Minka* said:
That is how I am looking at it as well - but I hope the team I have to support in the next round is Australia instead of Croatia.

I told my father that if Australia wins this match tonight with us in the staduim, having children, getting married, buying ferraris, having really greats ex with Lucas Niell will all seem rather anti climatic on comparasion. Well,e xcept maybe the last one :)
So many spelling mistakes. You are pumped up!

*Minka* said:
Dabogda gangrenu dobio na nozi pa ti kurac greskom odrezali :)
HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Does anyone want to know what this means?

I'll spoiler it:

May you get gangrene in your leg and may they then cut off your cock by mistake

Hahaha, so funny.

About 20 minutes to Czech Republic vs Italy.

I'm totally there.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
SUCCESS!!!

In case of a tie:
(d) Head-to-head
(e) Head-to-head goal differential
(f) Goals scored head-to-head
(g) Drawn lots

thought it was goal differential.
Soooooo, if czechs win this, then ghana win theirs, we play ghana!!!!!!!

EDIT: that cant be the case, as theyre saying japan needs to win by 3 in order to go through. hm

Last edited:

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
Just going to watch Italia v. Czechs, then head out to Circular Quay, Agincourt if it rains. Hopefully catch Ghana v. USA as well, or download that later.

So bloody anxious. The match will go on for an eternity if we're leading, and it'll zip through, if, dare I say, we're trailling. Too restless to talk tactics/strategies, anything of the sort really. Just want the match to kick-off already.

No time for sleep. Wide awake and raring to go.

C'Mon Australia.

johnny_87

HSC
Yeh Mike I'm sweating on Brazil for a lot of bets, and Australia for most of those involving Brazil (gotta have the faith!).

stazi

Nightman
HSC
lol i should learn to read

Rankings in each group shall be determined as follows:
(a) Greater number of points in group
(b) Goal differential in group
(c) Goals scored in group

In case of a tie:
(d) Head-to-head
(e) Head-to-head goal differential
(f) Goals scored head-to-head
(g) Drawn lots

The top two teams advance to the Round of 16.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
I reackon most of Australia will start crying if they don't win this match, like me for example.

Hey people....
how many matches has Croatia won so far? Cos I've sort of lost count and wanted to know if they're any good :=/

lol seems like no one can go to sleep. Damn I have school 2morrow...but yeah, I'll catch up on some sleep during classes/breaks.
how many matches in what? in the world cup they have one loss, 1 draw.

I really hope ghana tops this group. As much as i would love to see czechs go through, as they truly are an amazing side id much rather they draw with italy, and ghana wins their match

johnny_87

HSC
Stazi someone posted the rules and regulations the other day. Goal difference is more important than head-to-head. This MAY have been as a result of the Denmark v Sweden controversial 2-2 draw at Euro 2004 that knocked Italy out and allowed both of them through.

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
I'm leaving now to go find myself. If I should ret
HSC
how many matches in what? in the world cup they have one loss, 1 draw.
Yeah I meant the matches they had this year in the World cup.
So did they have a draw with Japan and lose against Brazil?

Cos if they did, that would mean they're pretty average and not as good as Brazil or some other team. I need to be certain that they'll lose 2day cos I need to SLEEP without stressing over the game. urgh

stazi

Nightman
HSC
johnny_87 said:
Stazi someone posted the rules and regulations the other day. Goal difference is more important than head-to-head. This MAY have been as a result of the Denmark v Sweden controversial 2-2 draw at Euro 2004 that knocked Italy out and allowed both of them through.
and then someone posted that UEFA and FIFA are different organisations :p

furthermore, the czechs really are amazing, for those who arent watching the game. theyre completely dominating.

So, the possible outcomes, it would seem, are:
If Czech Republic wins, then ghana can go through with a win (or US if they win by a million, i.e. unlikely). Ghana could potentially top the group based on goal dif
If czechs draw against italy, then then ghana can go through with a win (or US if they win by a million, i.e. unlikely)
if italy wins, ghana goes through with a draw, or usa with a win

stazi

Nightman
HSC
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
Yeah I meant the matches they had this year in the World cup.
So did they have a draw with Japan and lose against Brazil?

Cos if they did, that would mean they're pretty average and not as good as Brazil or some other team. I need to be certain that they'll lose 2day cos I need to SLEEP without stressing over the game. urgh
why don't you simply search 'world cup website' or something else like that. i just find it bizarre that you dont know that theyre worse than brazil, i mean my mum who hasnt watched a soccer match for years knows brazil is far better. also, its been on the news so much...
yes, croatia 0 - japan 0
croatia 0 - brazil 1

and no one is certain croatia will lose. hell, we dont even need them to lose. we just need a draw. yet, were all not quite certain of that. odds are relatively split.

:( :( ITALY SCORES :( :( what a header, though

I sincerely hope the czechs equalise. 1-1 would be perfect for us (if ghana manages to snag a goal)

spoiler about ghana game
GHANA SCORES!!!!!! YES!!!! now all the czechs need is an equaliser and we're playing ghana in the round of sixteen. how perfect!

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Looks like that goal made italy gain in confidence. They'd want another goal to make sure they avoid brazil.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
i reckon the ref should hand out some reds to italians. if czechs manage to equalise after that and draw with them, it's good for us as we're playing ghana. if italy still wins it's good for us as theyll be missing players.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
well if youre saying italy > czech there wont be a chance to prove that aus > ghana
and the refereeing in this match has been superb. hardly any stopages for fouls

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)