The Official 2006 FIFA World Cup thread. (4 Viewers)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
oh, uruguayan-game ref would be great.
i think the ref will be very careful not to call too many fouls, esp after the portugal game. that was ridiculous :p

furthermore, lets hope the ukraine v switzerland game gets heaps of injuries (minor of course, but enough to sit them out of the next game) and cards, if we do go through.

wooo so excited. bloody exam tomorrow, though.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Fark, less than five hours to go.

------------------------------- Schwarzer -----------------------------

------- Culina --------- Moore -------- Neill ----- Chipperfield ----

---------------------------------- Grella --------------------------------

---- Sterjovksi ----- Bresciano --- Cahill -------- Kewell ---------

---------------------------------- Viduka -------------------------------

I think this could well be the starting lineup .. *has faith in Harry*

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Just read some shit about Kewell. He is so overrated. He doesn't do shit all game and takes all the glory. We're talking about a selfish cunt who actually wanted to play for England when he was younger. He is a good player and makes a big difference to the team - but he is not the key to the Socceroos and I want everyone to realise that.

Raginsheep

HSC
stazi said:
wooo so excited. bloody exam tomorrow, though.
Yeah, fuking exam 2morrow as well.

And rob, tell julez to stop trying to jinx australia.

johnny_87

HSC
I'm so glad Wollongong Uni finishes early! :)

I only had to miss a few games due to exams, none of which were too enthralling.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Komit said:
Just read some shit about Kewell. He is so overrated. He doesn't do shit all game and takes all the glory. We're talking about a selfish cunt who actually wanted to play for England when he was younger. He is a good player and makes a big difference to the team - but he is not the key to the Socceroos and I want everyone to realise that.
1) he's very inspirational when on the field to others
2) selfish? yes, crossing the ball a lot is quite a selfish act
3) trying to score goals rather than passing to players in worse positions is selfish
4) I think everyone realises he is not the KEY to the socceroos, but he is a very important player, whereby the roos aren't as effective without him.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
1) True. A player of his stature does provide comfort and inspiration to players on the same team.

2) He does not cross nearly as much as he should. When he does, they are highly ineffective.

3) It's not about "trying to score goals" - it's about trying to take on players when better options are available. Against Croatia there were at least 3 clear-cut plays where the Socceroos had a 3 on 2 overlap. Instead of playing the ball through the middle to Viduka or square to Sterjovski he ran at the defence and lost it. If he has the opportunity to score then by all means go for it (even if it is a 30m strike) but if there are much better opportunities that he can clearly see and he goes for glory, then he is obviously being selfish.

4) This is a double-edged sword. If Kewell is on fire, then Australia is much better. If he isn't, then he is a burden.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
I think you have to field your most gifted players at this level even if they're inconsistent/not playing at their best. There's a reason why experienced coaches like Hiddink and Lippi select players like Kewell and Totti in their starting lineups.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
kewell is playing, for shiz. he said in a recent interview he just wanted to rest after the groin injury, so that he can play most effectively today. probably just played xbox or something

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
All things are pointing to Lippi playing with a 4-4-3, with Toni, Gilardino and Totti up front. And I see Culina shifting to right back and Bresciano being recalled for Emerton. As for Kewell I don't know, could we possibly see Skoko getting a game?

Raginsheep

HSC
They're fuking dodgy........they'll probably try playing 12 men on the field.....

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
12 men? That would be a change from playing 11 women. (mind games)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Well a lot of other teams we've faced have had 12 men playing for them, but it all evened out cause the extra player was blind anyway.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
I'm guessing...

------------------------Buffon

Zambrotta--Materazzi--Cannavaro--Grosso

--------Gattuso-----Pirlo------Perrota

-----------------------Totti
----------Gilardinho--------Toni

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)