The Official 2006 FIFA World Cup thread. (1 Viewer)

- L1n -

HSC
matt#1 said:
YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSS!!!!! Next match should be classic:

Brazil (if they beat France) v Portugal (the brazilians of Europe) :).

<3 Ronaldo's arrogant stunting run. He did that at Euro v England as well. Deco back next game. FUCK YES!!! We can win our first world cup. Forca Portugal!!!
Stop dreaming Portugal got lucky today, no way this would happen against Brazil (if they beat france) 1 Deco does not make up for the gap created by the Ronnies, Kaka, Adriano, Robinho.

:burn: :burn: :burn: Rooney i hope u get bitch slapped u stupid monkey.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
- L1n - said:
Stop dreaming Portugal got lucky today, no way this would happen against Brazil (if they beat france) 1 Deco does not make up for the gap created by the Ronnies, Kaka, Adriano, Robinho.
Pfft!...I will dream all I want too. Daring to dream is what the World Cup is all about. You are just bitter about England's loss. Get over it. Portugal has only conceded one goal so far throughout the whole tournament...so do you think that I am worried about the Brazilians? No. Scholari knows a thing or two about most of the Brazilian boys as well :).

Last edited:

- L1n -

HSC
matt#1 said:
Fuck you. I will dream all I want too. Daring to dream is what the World Cup is all about. You are just bitter about England's loss. Get over it. Portugal has only conceded one goal so far throughout the whole tournament...so do you think that I am worried about the Brazilians? No. Scholari knows a thing or two about most of the Brazilian boys as well :).
You should be, With Ronaldo getting back to form anything can happen, and fuck u too lol, i'm over England Lost but it dosen't change reality, and yes scolari knows a few things about the Brazilian boys, no doubt, but knowing and having the players doing is 2 completely different issues.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
- L1n - said:
You should be, With Ronaldo getting back to form anything can happen, and fuck u too lol, i'm over England Lost but it dosen't change reality, and yes scolari knows a few things about the Brazilian boys, no doubt, but knowing and having the players doing is 2 completely different issues.
Lol. I have edited my "f*** you" comment. You caught me in the heat of the moment whilst I was celebrating. Sorry about that- it was unnecessary and certainly uncharacteristic of me. As for the probable game against Brazil...I know that anything can happen. I certainly do not think that I am being unrealistic by thinking that Portugal can win the game though.

Last edited:

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
ok where to start, the red card was a bit harsh i thought... but god rooneys an idiot. definitely needs anger management courses

thought scolari made a tactical blunder by subbing pauleta off for simao. ronaldo was causing so much havok on the flanks and was clearly the main threat for portugal, but that threat vanished when he went up front, and until postiga came on there were barely any good chances.

maniche went for glory a bit too often and his long shots deteriorated as the game went on. they clearly missed deco, they often looked abit lacking in direction when attacking; simao prolly should have started

i dunno why hargreaves cops so much crap from english fans, he was their best player today. lennon was electric when he came on, though really shouldl have done better with some of his chances.

lampard and gerrard together dont work. lampards finishing was woeful, gerrard was playing too deep. Rooney is ineffective as a lone striker, he needs support up front, half of the time he was tracking back in defense leaving no 1 up the field for england when they win back the ball. crouch was pretty effective when he came on, but LMAO at him not winning the header against a bloke 1 head shorter than him 1m out from an open goal.

scolari now has a hattrick of wins over sven, dont think any1 will miss him over at england (rofl at the sven maclaren pic). Now the portugal brazil(assuming they win) semi would be an awsome match.

edit: forca portugal! way too many english fans at the pub i was at lol

Last edited:

matt#1

HSC
N/A
I want to see lots of cards handed out in this match...and plenty of injuries :).

Lol...in hindsight that was a pretty inconsiderate comment.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Scolari has still only ever won all of the World Cup matches that he has been in charge of. That is an amazingly impressive achievement...even if it is only primarily because he has coached such talented sides like Brazil and Portugal.

Portugal has also still never drawn a World Cup match. Ever. Another amazing statistic. :).

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
So guys, worst haircut of the cup to go to Ferdinand, Loco of Angola, or other?

matt#1

HSC
N/A
I think that Ronaldinho will finally prove to the world what he is all about tonight. I'd rather him do it now than against Portugal in the next round (if they win) anyway.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
WTF!!!!!!!!!!! That was a red-cardable offense. That's ridiculous. If it wasn't for that tackle from behind that would've been a clear shot on goal. Bloody hell, that was just crazy. Stupid ref, couldn't handle the pressure.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
good half overall, should be an even better second period.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
HENRI!!!! How i love that guy. Bloody brilliant goal. Brilliant man. Hopefully much moneys for me :eek:

tempco

HSC
Omg, Fraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaance Is Through!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)