The Official 2006 UWS Student List (1 Viewer)

krisk85

Random
HSC
N/A
Kulazzi said:
lol. yay! We'll meet up and be the newbies of the evil campus!!! muhahaha! :p

Insha'Allah! :wave:
you will like bankstown if you are muslim too.. heaps of muslims there..

btw hi from lebanon :D

L

LaraB

krisk85 said:
you will like bankstown if you are muslim too.. heaps of muslims there...
what an odd statement lol... since when do you automatically like a place coz there's lotsa people of your religion there:p

Kulazzi

HSC
krisk85 said:
you will like bankstown if you are muslim too.. heaps of muslims there..

btw hi from lebanon :D
Yeah I know. It'd be great to meet everyone! My cousin goes there anyway and I've seen heaps! :D

LaraB said:
what an odd statement lol... since when do you automatically like a place coz there's lotsa people of your religion there
I guess it's because if there's someone who holds the same beliefs and values as you do, you will automatically feel comfortable with who you are with and develop a quicker friendship :). It is an odd statement, but it happens

L

LaraB

Kulazzi said:
Yeah I know. It'd be great to meet everyone! My cousin goes there anyway and I've seen heaps! :D

I guess it's because if there's someone who holds the same beliefs and values as you do, you will automatically feel comfortable with who you are with and develop a quicker friendship :). It is an odd statement, but it happens
lol il know what was meant but just saying it's a weird statement to make i mean... cronulla riots lol - what i'm meant to rock up at the beach and think "WOOT YEH lets go bash some lebs!" just cos i'm white?....

its just a silly assumption... t here's so many people at uni and it's not like you go up to people and say "hey are you muslim?" as an introduction:p

Kulazzi

HSC
LaraB said:
lol il know what was meant but just saying it's a weird statement to make i mean... cronulla riots lol - what i'm meant to rock up at the beach and think "WOOT YEH lets go bash some lebs!" just cos i'm white?....

its just a silly assumption... t here's so many people at uni and it's not like you go up to people and say "hey are you muslim?" as an introduction:p
lol. That's true, what you said but also remember that some Muslim females wear the Hijab, so you can tell straightaway that they're Muslim, no questions asked. Unless you plan on talking to the guys, then I guess that question is necessary :p

L

LaraB

Kulazzi said:
lol. That's true, what you said but also remember that some Muslim females wear the Hijab, so you can tell straightaway that they're Muslim, no questions asked. Unless you plan on talking to the guys, then I guess that question is necessary :p
lol i only know one muslim girl at uni who wears a hijab lol so doesn't help much for the girls either:p

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
i think u can make friends with anybody from our uni though, or most, i havent seen any unfriendly peoples around, everyone is like social with everyone, most of the time that i've seen.

Kulazzi

HSC
LaraB said:
lol i only know one muslim girl at uni who wears a hijab lol so doesn't help much for the girls either:p
which campus are you on?

sparkl3s said:
i think u can make friends with anybody from our uni though, or most, i havent seen any unfriendly peoples around, everyone is like social with everyone, most of the time that i've seen
It's much better that way, to be friends with anyone regardless of their religion/culture/background, greater variety! Like a salad dressing - different fruits and veges all thrown in the one dish :)

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
aleco88 said:
B.Business(accounting) - Campbelltown
ok, so now i know of one other person doing the course im doing at the same campus. wow is there really only two of us on BOS? starting this year?

Kulazzi

HSC
LaraB said:
parramatta - not that that means anything because my point still remains valid...
yeah, i was just wondering which campus you were talking about. In contrast, Bankstown has like heaps.

L

LaraB

Kulazzi said:
yeah, i was just wondering which campus you were talking about. In contrast, Bankstown has like heaps.
yes but it doesn't matter... because not all female muslims wear a hijab, let alone all muslims since half are men... and it doesn't matter because just coz your religion is teh same doesn't mean you will like them...

that was my point and it is the same regardless of what campus you are on or how many muslims are there....

Kulazzi

HSC
LaraB said:
that was my point and it is the same regardless of what campus you are on or how many muslims are there....
true, I've seen and met some other Muslim girls and think, how ironic. :cool:

krisk85

Random
HSC
N/A
muslims are usually minorities.. thats all i meant, so if she is a muslim.. she will atleast feel a bit more comfortable if there are others like her there.. especialy if she has to wear a hijab, like you said.. you've only seen one at parramatta,so how do you think she feels being hte only one wearing it?

L

LaraB

krisk85 said:
muslims are usually minorities.. thats all i meant, so if she is a muslim.. she will atleast feel a bit more comfortable if there are others like her there.. especialy if she has to wear a hijab, like you said.. you've only seen one at parramatta,so how do you think she feels being hte only one wearing it?
how would i know... i don't exactly ask... its just clothing... its not like she's ten foot tall with 2 heads or something...

i mean.. geez... i was one of 2 "white" people in heaps of my classes in 1st semester but it doesn't mean i "feel" like i'm a minority even tho i was... likewise, if another "white" person rocks up i don't automatically feel 'comfortable'... on top of that i'm agnostic unlike the majority of the uni... doesn't mean i get on with the few others around...

its still a silly assumption

Kulazzi

HSC
krisk85 said:
I don't think you should base your assumptions on how other people feel - it is unwise to do so. I'd have to disagree with you here, just because she's the only one with the Hijab doesn't necessary make her feel uncomfortable. We don't really know - unless she comes up here on BOS herself and declare her feelings

But let's just say you're making a generalisation :)

Last edited:

krisk85

Random
HSC
N/A
upto you.. cant say everyone is like that, but i know some that are.. its all upto whatever you have experienced

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)