The Official 2007 AFL Thread (1 Viewer)

SyCoTiC

HSC
Apparently this round only 4 teams kicked more goals than behinds. That's atrocious! Haha!

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
we shouldnt be too worried about it just yet...it is still early in the season, so there shouldnt be much concern...we are doing everything right except the kicks for goal
if we fix that up, then we are definitely on track for a strong finish

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
Yeah I didn't watch the match but my family said it was the best the swans have played so far this season, but they just can't kick straight.

Also west coast still undefeated. Makes our 1pt loss look even better

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
but when youre down by like 30+ points and manage to crawl your way back to a one point deficit, then thats something to be proud of in a way, because sydney never say die

SyCoTiC

HSC
Bloody entertaining game between the Dons and Pies as always. In the end Collingwood's straight kicking at the end and forward pressure won them the game, could've gone either way to be honest but Essendon weren't smart enough to play themselves out of the situation to get themselves right back into the match. They were having shoot outs up until the final 7 minutes when Rocca goaled to give them a 13 point buffer.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
i wouldnt call the 12.23 scoreline accurate kicking, but in the end that got them through, so thats all that matters

SyCoTiC

HSC
Read again. Their straight kicking at the end got them across the line. Scoreline isn't indicative of how they played in the last quarter because in actual fact, the Pies should have won this one easy, with a six or seven goal buffer.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
ah well
theyre both shit anyways

as for this weeks game...melbourne havent really been playing their best footy yet, and on the scg sydney are pretty hard to beat, and i really dont see them losing this one...unless their wayward kicking falters them again

Last edited:

SyCoTiC

HSC
If Neitz passes his fitness test, we are in for a game. Guaranteed.

The big man always seems to rise on the occasion against the Swans. Same with Russo but he won't be playing.

HSC
it seems to me that syd rely on goodes more than they like to admit. The games have been pretty close (i no about the shit kicking) but still with goodes firing i doubt we would worry bout the behinds so much.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
sydney seems to be doing everything right...except their kicking for goals
bar west coast, if sydney have done everything correctly, we should be on a 3 game winning streak, with a much higher percentage point that the ladder suggests

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
sydney annihilating melbourne atm...and the swans are kicking straight for once

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
very good win by the swans over an undermanned melbourne side
after some atrocious kicking in the first couple of games, we made amends by kicking very accurately, but the loss of kennelly and ablett will hurt us a bit me thinks
lets hope its not serious, because we simply cannot afford to lose them

SyCoTiC

HSC
Highly doubt their injuries are too significant. They'll be back sooner than later! I like the look of Jude Bolton back in the thick of the action. I have a hunch though, the only reason he was played across the half forward flank earlier in the season was because he was probably holding a slightly prone injury and Roosy most probably didn't want to risk him in there so early in the season and now that he's healed up he's back into the thick of it. He's definitely something we've lost, Kirky can't do it all himself!

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
i was in the ladies stand last night, and i met amon bucanan and his fken hot-as-hell girl friends. he literally had hotties sitting all around him, what a fken legend. shame i couldn't get a number.

is anyone here a swans member or a scg/gold member?

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
I'm a swannies member and have been for as long as I can remember. Once met Ryan O'Keefe's parents. They seemed fairly nice, and I have also met Andrew Shauble. God he was huge, I felt like a midget around him

SyCoTiC

HSC
wuddie said:
i was in the ladies stand last night, and i met amon bucanan and his fken hot-as-hell girl friends. he literally had hotties sitting all around him, what a fken legend. shame i couldn't get a number.

is anyone here a swans member or a scg/gold member?
Haha what a friggin' pimp!

You get any photos?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)