The Official 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread (1 Viewer)

Deathless

HSC
WTF WITH THAT REF - HARRY KEWELLL SHOULDA REMAINEd, we lost an offensive oppourtinity
+ Ghana shoulda got like a red-card or at least a yellow-card in quite a few places...

HSC
Oh, just a nudge by Australia. I'll let that go. LOL jk I'm Roberto Rosetti

Deathless

HSC
Red card on two of our star players... Something weird is going on.....
Least Cahill is coming back agaisnt Serb and he would be rested and shit.

Hopefully they notice they wronged Kewell and he can come back on...

jasonn

HSC
alright.. so mathematically if germany beat ghana, we'll have to beat sebia 3-0 minimum. but if ghana beat germany (which i highly doubt), we just need to beat serbia..

hmmm...

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
Well. We were good enough to win it until we went down to 10 men. He had to give a red card & penalty I guess.

shaon0

HSC
ok, so apparently it was a red-card offence and the ref had no choice but to do so, regardless of intention.. Kewell being the last man on the line and all

soccer fanatics, please explain/confirm
Yeah, blocked the ball which was straight on goal, the last defender and on the line. Thus, a red card but the Ghanian player who tackled Bresciano (idk if this is the right player) should have been sent off.

jasonn

HSC
Well. We were good enough to win it until we went down to 10 men. He had to give a red card & penalty I guess.
i dont know... we were pinned back in the defensive third after holman's goal, and in my opinion, even without the red, i reckon ghana would have scored.

shaon0

HSC
alright.. so mathematically if germany beat ghana, we'll have to beat sebia 3-0 minimum. but if ghana beat germany (which i highly doubt), we just need to beat serbia..

hmmm...
Depends on the severity of the loss to Germany. If Germany rout Ghana for 4-0, then we need to win by 2 goals (or maybe one goal as goals scored would be 2 to both teams with the same goal difference).

jasonn

HSC
Yeah, blocked the ball which was straight on goal, the last defender and on the line. Thus, a red card but the Ghanian player who tackled Bresciano (idk if this is the right player) should have been sent off.
i dont reckon the tackle was a red-card offense... but when u compare it to the bullshit call on cahill's and klose's challenges then yes.. shit refereeing

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
i dont know... we were pinned back in the defensive third after holman's goal, and in my opinion, even without the red, i reckon ghana would have scored.
probably, but with kewell on (and later chipperfield) we'd have had enough to score again. maybe.

PH011

HSC
What counts as a handball? Is it anything below the shoulder? That ball was nowhere near kewell's hands, it was more like upper arm/tricep/bicep area ;:)(

jasonn

HSC
Depends on the severity of the loss to Germany. If Germany rout Ghana for 4-0, then we need to win by 2 goals (or maybe one goal as goals scored would be 2 to both teams with the same goal difference).
well as it stands.. ghana are on 4 pts with +1 goal diff.. germany 3 pts with +3 goal diff.. serbia 3 pts with 0 goal diff, and aus 1pt -3 goal diff.. so yeah say germany only beat ghana 1-0.. then australia would need to beat serbia 3-0 to be on equal goal difference..

wait.. so what happens if both teams are on same pts and same goal difference? is it a play-off?

jasonn

HSC
What counts as a handball? Is it anything below the shoulder? That ball was nowhere near kewell's hands, it was more like upper arm/tricep/bicep area ;:)(
yeah it was definitely a handball (anything below the shoulder), but the controversy lies on whether it was intentional or not

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
his arm was stuck out, ie. appears intentional. therefore, clear red. we dominated last 20-30min of game... so unfortunate :(

Deathless

HSC
Someone do the maths - the ball's motion and stuff... it shoulda been too fast for Kewell to intentionally block it. His reaction time wouldn't of been fast enough, to have positioned himself. He was just there.

I reckon it shoulda been a penalty shot - but no red card. Maybe a yellow at max? Red's a bit extreme...

I hope Ghana beats Germany by luck or something (it'd be better if Germany beats Ghana then get a draw btw)... Logically if we just considered who won and who lost - Ghana has a 50-50 chance.

Since:
a) Ghana = Australia, Australia < Germany: Therefore Germany wins
b) Ghana > Serbia, Serbia > Germany: Therefore Ghana wins

arcticdbk

HSC
N/A
Was it one all?

Omg, I wish I wasn't lazy and just turned the tv on. I missed out.

jasonn

HSC
Someone do the maths - the ball's motion and stuff... it shoulda been too fast for Kewell to intentionally block it. His reaction time wouldn't of been fast enough, to have positioned himself. He was just there.

I reckon it shoulda been a penalty shot - but no red card. Maybe a yellow at max? Red's a bit extreme...

I hope Ghana beats Germany by luck or something (it'd be better if Germany beats Ghana then get a draw btw)... Logically if we just considered who won and who lost - Ghana has a 50-50 chance.

Since:
a) Ghana = Australia, Australia < Germany: Therefore Germany wins
b) Ghana > Serbia, Serbia > Germany: Therefore Ghana wins

haha you can't 'estimate' the results of a game based on previous results... germany are a class team who will be VERY HARD to beat. they only lost to serbia due to numerous missed chances on the account that podolski had a shocking game..

HSC
wait.. so what happens if both teams are on same pts and same goal difference? is it a play-off?

1. greatest number of points in all group matches;
  2. goal difference in all group matches;
  3. greatest number of goals scored in all group matches;
  4. greatest number of points in matches between tied teams;
  5. goal difference in matches between tied teams;
  6. greatest number of goals scored in matches between tied teams;
  7. drawing of lots by the FIFA Organising Committee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)