The Official 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread (1 Viewer)

HSC
Now that many teams have released their provisional squads for the WC, there have been some surprise exclusions...eg.
argentina: cambiasso, zanetti, lisandro, lucho, g. milito, gago (to an extent)
brazil: pato, ronaldinho, adriano, diego
france: nasri, benzema, vieira (to an extent)
italy: totti, del piero, toni, grosso
holland: van nistelrooy (to an extent)
australia: spiranovic (..cos i'm a big fan of him)
portugal: deco?

Last edited:

ibbi00

HSC
I have my eyes on Spain, France and England for this year.

CheesePlease

Cheese Dreams!
HSC
Spain have best squad by an absolute mile. Torres and Villa to score 10+ between them.

q3thefish

HSC
June 11th.

C'mooooooooooooon Australia to pull an upset win :hat:

2-1!

2-1!!

zxreth

HSC
wooooooooooo cant wait! sooo hyped for it!!! GO BRAZIL!!!!!!!!!!!!

CheesePlease

Cheese Dreams!
HSC
Yeah, Germany are getting plagued with injuries, they've already lost Adler their first keeper and arguably first team midfielder Simon Rolfes. And on top of that Klose and Podolski look like shit. The Aussie's group could really even itself out.

CheesePlease

Cheese Dreams!
HSC
You can add Fabio Grosso to the list of unexpected exclusions. Lippi cut him from the Italy side today.

shaon0

HSC
france struggled to make it into the wc, i doubt they'll make it through the 16.
Yeah, but they kinda struggled in qualifying for 06 and were about to be knocked out in group stages in 06. So, i wouldn't count them out, however, they don't have a real talismanic figure like they did in 06 ie. Zidane. So, it'd be tough for them this yr.
Anyways, i'm going for France and Australia during the WC :)

CheesePlease

Cheese Dreams!
HSC
Well France only made it in with a blatant handball, it should be Ireland's place. And apart from a few ageing, past-their-prime strikers their team really is dull.

acevipa

HSC
Yeah, but they kinda struggled in qualifying for 06 and were about to be knocked out in group stages in 06. So, i wouldn't count them out, however, they don't have a real talismanic figure like they did in 06 ie. Zidane. So, it'd be tough for them this yr.
Anyways, i'm going for France and Australia during the WC :)
France and Italy tend to be slow starters in the WC. They usually pick up momentum as it progresses.

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC
Well France only made it in with a blatant handball, it should be Ireland's place. And apart from a few ageing, past-their-prime strikers their team really is dull.
please stop. yeah it was unfair. but it was ages ago. and fifa didnt do anything so shush

CheesePlease

Cheese Dreams!
HSC
please stop. yeah it was unfair. but it was ages ago. and fifa didnt do anything so shush
FIFA couldn't really do anything and I'm glad they didn't, the ref's decision should be final despite how horrendously wrong it was. But it is a good example of just how close France got to not making it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)