The Official Cricket Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

HSC
comments on our last ODI:

lol. wouldve been nice to see this match live. gibbs is a damn run scoring machine, also, lol @ lewis for being worse than an automatic bowling machine and having accrued the worst one day bowling figures in ODI history.

comments on our current test match:

symonds has just hit 3 sixes a few overs ago, and FU*K gilchrist just got out. eh we still lead with a few wickets in hand. and thank bloody goodness kaspro is back in.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
That's akin to saying "No McGrath"

So we can see Australia is a better team than SA without both teams' premier bowlers :p

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
What about that killer over from Bing last night?

Got rid of de Villiers, before rearranging Gibbs' stumps two balls later.

Warne chipped in, grabbing Smith LBW in his first over.

South Africa now 3/70, after being in real trouble at 3/37. Kallis 31*, Prince 14* .. you would think that these two almost have to bat out the whole third day to give South Africa a fighting chance.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Go the kiwis, hopefully we can build a solid lead. I have to say it again, how good is Vettori! , 42 off 61 balls with 6 fours batting at 8. LEGEND!!

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
England are 3/289 at stumps on Day One .. more like they are kicking India's ass in the third Test thus far ..

New Zealand punishing West Indies atm. Martin just got Ganga out .. NZ should win comfortably.

Australia smashes South Africa!

Seven wicket win to Australia .. Ntini grabbing three consolation wickets (Hayden and Langer in the same over, and then Ponting first ball of his next over to be 'on a hattrick' .. he didn't get it).

South Africa show the world that they are, in fact, pretenders. Against an inexperienced and somewhat understrength Australian bowling lineup, they crumbled.

Congratulations to Stu Clark, with NINE WICKETS in his debut Test! Well deserved Man of the Match!

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
woot woot...go aussie...we rule...we just have to win at least one more game :)

why isnt clarke playing :(

HotShot

-_-
HSC
supersub scrapped officially, india vs england looks like a close finish- but how good is chappell? using two nightwatchmen? interesting. pathan opened with jaffer, and patahn got out and kumble, saving sehwag just in case they need some quick runs in the last session as we all know that dravid is a tad slow. interestin.. 290 to win of 90 overs, dravid is key, but maybe tendulkar may do somethin special here.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Bookie said:
I'd like to argue about Pathan being labelled a 'nightwatchman'.
lol- he doesnt regard himself as an allrounder tho.

but yeah tendulkar in about to reach his 30s, meanwhile dravid is on 8 .

p-unit

HSC
pathans prety good at his batting in the one dayers
test i dont now

that dose not matter coz i hate the idea of the night watchman anyway
if your a batter you should not be scared of the ball

some indian player seem to be

they desver to lose if they play like vimps

Last edited:

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
In Pathan's last 10 Test matches (of his 23 match career), spanning from September 13 2005 to today, he has averaged 39.15 with the bat.

He is definitely going to be classed as an all-rounder throughout his career (once he gets a Test century), and the way his batting is heading, he will be described as a batting all-rounder.

He has opened the batting in a Test before (second innings of second Test vs Sri Lanka), scoring 93.

Definitely not to be considered a night-watchmen.

Rather, an attacking move by Dravid, in the hope that Pathan stuck around till stumps, before smacking it around early on Day 5.

The reason Sehwag wasn't opening, though, was because he had back spasms.

Jimmy_B

HSC
i watched the whole thing on a stream and the indians, dravid apart, really look horrible against the moving ball, they look technically deficient and the way hoggard has owned sehwag this series pretty much sums up how it went. however the big positives for india were sree santh and munaf patel. those two along with rp singh all look line fine prospects, and if pathan can sort out his issues then they'll have a formidable pace bowling lineup.

their batting however looks a tad shaky. oh sachin, we all really miss the old you :(

timprice

great success!
HSC
Bookie said:
I'd like to argue about Pathan being labelled a 'nightwatchman'.
i'm pretty sure the only reason that pathan opened was because sehwag supposedly had a niggling back injury. methinks he was just a bit scared that freddy would castle him!

gotta give alot of credit to the poms for that win. it was never going to be easy going to india and with the amount of injuries they had a draw is just as good as a win. spineless effort from the indians in that last innings though. after the first wicket fell in the day they almost layed down and died. i expected something much different from dravid and tendulkar. dhoni had large expectations coming into the series but couldn't back them up.

dravids captaincy was also questionable in the last test...bowling first on that wicket was nothing short of stupidity.

timprice

great success!
HSC
i hope you're joking! he'd make the english side with either his batting and bowling abilities alone. he isn't a marvellous captain and doesn't have a brilliant tactical nous but he is one hell of a talent with both bat and ball in his hand. and he isn't just a slogger, he played a very important knock in englands second innings.

but still, can't wait to see the look on this face when we drill the poms come november. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)