The Official Cricket Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
oh dear, aussies now 5/81, out of form gilly and warnie in.

right now avoiding the follow on will be a blessing :/

kinda weird though because of two things:
-last year at almost exactly the same time the aussie top order fell way out of form (including hayden, martyn, clarke) before the ashes
-bangladesh serving it up to australia (twice in 12 months) yet losing to almost every other test playing nation...wow :p

Jimmy_B

HSC
the banga's were actually very competitive against the lankans last month. Was a tight one day international series and they competed well almost every day of the test series. most of these blokes are between 19 and 22 so they'll be a very competitive team in a few years time if these guys develop and some of their highly rated U19 team come through. awesome day for test cricket even though we are on the end of it.

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...aussie are like 6/smtg...good luck to us

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...aussie are like 6/smtg...good luck to us

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
I smell corruption!

6/134 ? or 143 .. can't remember .. at stumps.

Gilchrist has 51*, oarsum to see him scoring a couple of runs.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh gawd, either they're burnt out from the SA tour, or I don't know

This is worse than the ashes, but good on Bangladesh, at least test cricket will be more interesting in the future

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Minai said:
Oh gawd, either they're burnt out from the SA tour, or I don't know

This is worse than the ashes, but good on Bangladesh, at least test cricket will be more interesting in the future
bangladesh has always been pretty decent, when they came here they bowled and played well against Australia. ITs their batting that has significantly improved, and also since they know that Australia is no.1 they push up and try harder.

Mushrafe Mortaza is an excellent bowler. as for australian batting, as i said their middle order is built on ponting and hussey. most of the wickets are either bowled or lbw lol thats shit batting (pitch though bouce is shit, but still).

BlackDragon

HSC
i really hate how the media beats it up and other countries criticize australia so much when we lose. if we don't win this test it doesn't MEAN anything. everyone is so desperate to win against australia that its bound to happen now and then.

just thought i'd get that off my chest. GO AUSTRALIA! its a good test so far hey?

BlackDragon

HSC
oh thank god for shane warne. we just bowled out bangladesh in their second innings for 148! chasing just over 300 to win. it looks good.

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
woot woot we won

but bangladesh played really really well... :)...

and gilly finally made a century :)...

and god bless ponting and his century

oscar_johnson

HSC
why is michael clarke back in the team? he did nothin the 1st time and he got dropped.now his back when jacques scores double the runs he does.. his a joke.
get rid of him for good.

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
does symonds play in test cricket...coz i just realized his not in the test team...clarke should be sidelined...and symonds should be playing...and so should phil jaques...or Clarke just needs to get his act together...and start playing like he used to before he got that stupid AB medal...that ruined him, him and his big head...but i still love him :)

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
No, Symonds should not be playing Test cricket.

His batting isn't good enough for him to be in the team on batting alone.

Hiw bowling isn't good enough for him to be in the team on bowling alone.

It is just Australia's obsession with having an 'all-rounder' in the team which means Symonds is getting a few games here and there.

HannahMc

HSC
king_of_boredom said:
lol, stroke of genius from gilly.

good luck to bangladesh next match. i'll be suprised if they don't get severely pwned.
Yeah, this'll wake the team up for sure.

Gilly's stuff was hilarious! Made me laugh for a good 5 minutes at least.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Talking of good allrounders, a big congratulations to Shaun Pollock and Jacques Kallis (who obviously read these forums on a regular basis) on playing their 100th tests. Kallis' career stats show he is the best all-rounder when you base it on batting average - bowling average.

Kallis has a difference of 24.72, edging out Sobers, who had 23.75 - Pollock comes in at 5th with 8.30 behind Imran Khan and Keith Miller.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Bookie said:
Talking of good allrounders, a big congratulations to Shaun Pollock and Jacques Kallis (who obviously read these forums on a regular basis) on playing their 100th tests. Kallis' career stats show he is the best all-rounder when you base it on batting average - bowling average.

Kallis has a difference of 24.72, edging out Sobers, who had 23.75 - Pollock comes in at 5th with 8.30 behind Imran Khan and Keith Miller.
sobers is better, cause he could bowl spin, medium so more of an all-rounder. but doesnt matter,

india win 5-1 against England. Gee Yuvraj is really lookin gud. tho sehwag and kaif better score some runs, especually with new opener Uthappa making his way up.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)