The Official Cricket Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

otay

HSC
New Zealand...Another arch enemy. Gonna be such a great summer

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Aryanbeauty said:
Pakistani teams are sore losers. They think they can drum up racist charge against the umpire but hey they failed. I admire the umpire's decision and integrity. Cricket will never be popular as other sport because of arrogance of players just because of their country have influence over the organisation. ICC should stand proud and grant Inzamam the harshest punishment ever and ban Pakistan for at least 1 year.
The beauty of cricket:
I was 100% behind Inzamam and the team though and supported whatever decision they took. Advice was offered but in the end we all supported Inzamam's stand absolutely. I am the coach and my job is to offer support to him - whatever decision he would've taken I would have supported him."
- Bob woolmer (cricinfo).

The only sport in the world where the captain cops the lot , unlike soccer where the manager/coach is the most important - in cricket the captain takes all the reward and cops all the punishment..

There was no such 'rascist charge'. Aryanbeauty- pakistanis arent arab - keep anti-arab feelings elsewhere.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
tasha1188 said:
Whose the third team in the VB series this summer?? Aus, Eng and ???
dont forget about hte sries in malaysia - australia,, india and west indies. should be interesting to see how chappell has been doing with india. In odi s India were always hammered by Australia but they know have new look, different style and better players -

arguably india, australia and pakistan will be the favourties for the next world cup - this series and the icc champions trophy should give a gud idea who are the real favourites.

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
OMG NZ? Damn! This summer is gonna be awesome. I really wanna go to a game now :(

Lol...the team are on some sort of boot camp program. I saw pics yesterday in the paper. Poor them :p But i guess it is good for them since they havent played for yonks

OH yeh, whens the ICC games coming on? Are they showing that on foxtel?? I'll be sure to watch that. My uncle and my cousin are going :(

HotShot

-_-
HSC
otay said:
Honour? Pfft u cop it on the chin and appeal at the end of the day or match like every1 else. You think when there is a contentious catch given not out and the fielder is sure he caught it...he should lead his team off the field because the umpires have deemed that he didn't in fact catch it and implies that he is cheating by claiming the catch?????? No way. You get on with the game and accept the umps decision. Yeah he may be wrong and/or a dickhead (as in Hair) but what he says goes.

And i'm not too sure Pakistan actually thought they were gonna have to forfeit, so they maybe didnt realise they were sacrificing the game.

And its not like the Pakistan team is all so innocent. Remember Afridi last year delibrately scuffin the pitch against England and he copped a suspension.
Contentious catch and ball tampering are at different level buddy. Plus there was no video footage of any ball tampering with 23 cameras in the stadium 2 to 1 ration... looks susss.

perhaps maybe the umpire could have to 'appeal at the end of the day', as a player u are entitled to show your case and the umpire was required to show the ball to inzi before it was changed but he didnt.

and now we see the umpire with resignation letter and wants $500k why? because he knew there was no ball tampering and if the hearing goes ahead he would be sacked and he wouldnt get any money.

syera

HSC
N/A
Aryanbeauty said:
Pakistani teams are sore losers. They think they can drum up racist charge against the umpire but hey they failed. I admire the umpire's decision and integrity. Cricket will never be popular as other sport because of arrogance of players just because of their country have influence over the organisation. ICC should stand proud and grant Inzamam the harshest punishment ever and ban Pakistan for at least 1 year.
pssshh
why am i not surprised by your comment
pathetic...... u admire the umpire's decision and integrity - LMAO

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
otay said:
What are you on about? Cricket is already the most popular sport in Australia.
Highly debatable. In NSW I'd say league is more popular, in Victoria AFL would be. Other states I'm not sure.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
withoutaface said:
Highly debatable. In NSW I'd say league is more popular, in Victoria AFL would be. Other states I'm not sure.
but in summer Cricket is the most popular sport.

melb22

HSC
N/A
cool pakistan playing well. I support pakistan everytime except when they play against india. After all, we all desis.

Tendulkar is fit, cant wait to see how he will play when fully fit. I would really like to see him bat once in a stadium b4 he retires...he is getting old :(. Hopefully he is fully fit when india tours aus in the summer after this one.....

Overall cricket is quite a popular sport worldwide. No. 1 sport in 1/4th of the globe, not a bad number. I personally think we will see crickters in the top 10 richest sportperson list within 10-15 years. As of this year tendulkar made it into the top 25, i think its the first time it has happened for a cricketer.

Last edited:

otay

HSC
England are hopeless at one dayers. Pakistan are pretty good though. Funny to see Shoaib suspected of ball tampering. I saw it and it looked completely fine. Funny to note that Doctrove again was umpire. And here every1 was bashin poor old Hair (still a nob).

And yeah cricket is heaps popular in global terms (definetly top 3), but melb22, when you talk about top 15-20 rich list in sport, is that the world or Australia? Because the golfers, formula 1 drivers, footballers (prem league, primera divison types), basketballers are alll are LOOOOONG way away from any cricketer.
And you go for Pakistan when they play Australia???? Pshhhhhht

melb22

HSC
N/A
otay said:
And yeah cricket is heaps popular in global terms (definetly top 3), but melb22, when you talk about top 15-20 rich list in sport, is that the world or Australia? Because the golfers, formula 1 drivers, footballers (prem league, primera divison types), basketballers are alll are LOOOOONG way away from any cricketer.
[FONT=&quot] I am not saying all cricketers will start earning similar to other sports like f1, soccer or golf but some cricketers and that would be from [/FONT]India imo. Right now Indian cricketers earn more then others and as India’s economy grows, more and more money will be poured into cricket. Because of the huge television audience, advertisers rely on cricketers to market their products because of which the cricketers in India earn big bucks. I was checking the list of the 25 biggest earners in sports on forbes a while back and then when i added up what tendulkar will earn after he signed a new 3 yr contract, his total income was among the top 25 sportsmen.

I don’t support the aus team, coz I hate the arrogance of most Aussie players. It is similar to how most Aussies hate leyton hewitt. I do support socceroos .

HotShot

-_-
HSC
otay said:
England are hopeless at one dayers. Pakistan are pretty good though. Funny to see Shoaib suspected of ball tampering. I saw it and it looked completely fine. Funny to note that Doctrove again was umpire. And here every1 was bashin poor old Hair (still a nob).

Ronaldinho has overtaken David Beckham as the world's highest-paid player, with annual earnings of $38 million.
world highes soccer player..
um f1 drivers like alonso and schumacher earn quite a bit..

Tendulkar earns about 30 australian dollars per min, so per day 30 x 60 x 24 = 43200 then per year 43200 x 365 = 15768000. Thats pure salary. pretty gud for cricketer who hasnt been playing for some time.

otay

HSC
melb22 said:
[FONT=&quot] I am not saying all cricketers will start earning similar to other sports like f1, soccer or golf but some cricketers and that would be from [/FONT]India imo. Right now Indian cricketers earn more then others and as India’s economy grows, more and more money will be poured into cricket. Because of the huge television audience, advertisers rely on cricketers to market their products because of which the cricketers in India earn big bucks. I was checking the list of the 25 biggest earners in sports on forbes a while back and then when i added up what tendulkar will earn after he signed a new 3 yr contract, his total income was among the top 25 sportsmen.

I don’t support the aus team, coz I hate the arrogance of most Aussie players. It is similar to how most Aussies hate leyton hewitt. I do support socceroos .
Ok fair nuff. Yeah Lleyton is a toss. And you don't think that what the Pakistani team did against England was a little arrogant? I mean, they acted like a spoilt brat by refusing to play on. Akin to Lleyton Hewitt's dummy spits? Maybe? Just throwing it out there.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
otay said:
Ok fair nuff. Yeah Lleyton is a toss. And you don't think that what the Pakistani team did against England was a little arrogant? I mean, they acted like a spoilt brat by refusing to play on. Akin to Lleyton Hewitt's dummy spits? Maybe? Just throwing it out there.
Well there is a lot of controversy - the pakistani were willing to resume play but the umpire didnt allow them..

melb22

HSC
N/A
how good is mcgrath....after such a loong break and clearly the best bowler around. This guy is just too good. his figures are 9-0-30-1 right now...

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
melb22 said:
how good is mcgrath....after such a loong break and clearly the best bowler around. This guy is just too good. his figures are 9-0-30-1 right now...
Agreed. Those figures are even more impressive when you considering the slaughtering that would have been going on at the other end.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
redruM said:
Agreed. Those figures are even more impressive when you considering the slaughtering that would have been going on at the other end.
it took him just one over to get settled in.. but really the west indies had brillaint start and should have won..

chanderpaul was brillaint.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)