The Official Cricket Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

HotShot

-_-
HSC
melb22 said:
gee, after watching that i dont think ponting should have been penalised.. i think as a player u have the right to question and verify the decision as long as u accept that umpires decision...

i mean ponting really didnt argue over the situation, or demanded not to be called wide.
umpiring is now gettin ridiculous.. and the same is occurring in all the other sports - i call it the world cup fever after the soccer world cup.

by the Way wat comeback by tendulkar 141 not out.. bloody awesome.

melb22

HSC
N/A
HotShot said:
by the Way wat comeback by tendulkar 141 not out.. bloody awesome.
yeah,coming after a 6 month break, he did a grt job. He has a good chance of having 50 hundreds in odis. He needs 10 more. When he retires, it wud be quite difficult for anyother batsman to break his no. of centuries or total runs record in odi.

In test ponting is not far from him and i think ponting has a good chance to have the highest no. of centuries in test cricket under his name. Same goes to the highest number of runs, if tendulkar ever breaks lara's record, dravid, ponting and kallis are not that far. Tendulkar hasnt made that many runs in test matches in the last 5 yrs due to injury and bit of lack of form. He doesnt have the same lead any more over the other 3 players. I was just looking at the figures, in the last 5 yrs tendulkar made around 4000 runs compared to pontings 6000 runs.

Last edited:

HotShot

-_-
HSC
melb22 said:
yeah,coming after a 6 month break, he did a grt job. He has a good chance of having 50 hundreds in odis. He needs 10 more. When he retires, it wud be quite difficult for anyother batsman to break his no. of centuries or total runs record in odi.

In test ponting is not far from him and i think ponting has a good chance to have the highest no. of centuries in test cricket under his name. Same goes to the highest number of runs, if tendulkar ever breaks lara's record, dravid, ponting and kallis are not that far. Tendulkar hasnt made that many runs in test matches in the last 5 yrs due to injury and bit of lack of form. He doesnt have the same lead any more over the other 3 players. I was just looking at the figures, in the last 5 yrs tendulkar made around 4000 runs compared to pontings 6000 runs.
yeah, india dont play too many tests which will make it difficult for tendulkar and he also bat at 4 compared to ponting who bats 3. In ODIs, it will be very difficult to break Tendulkar's record, the closest i think anyone will get will be Ponting he has 9000 runs now and maybe 3-5 years of cricket left in him (31 now), but tendulkar has 14000 runs and about 2-3 years left (33 now). in test ponting i think should easily surpass him.

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
Question: Why is Michael Clarke the vice-captain of Australia?? Not that im complaining, but it is pretty out of the blue :p

doingHSC

HSC
argh, this series is too short, only 6 matches (+ final)..and 2 have been washed out. and why is india playing west indies again, its only been few months since they last played together.

otay

HSC
How good is Hussey??? First one day Hundred. He IS the best ODI batsmen in the world atm. NO doubt. And captaining as well. Carn Aussies

HotShot

-_-
HSC
otay said:
How good is Hussey??? First one day Hundred. He IS the best ODI batsmen in the world atm. NO doubt. And captaining as well. Carn Aussies
dont know about his captaining, we will find that out soon, its surprising everytime ponting doesnt play the middle order is just so shit.
273 will be hard to defend with just 4 bowlers and haddin played well as well.

I would say at the moment Ponting is the best ODI batsman, wait a few matches and Tendulkar will show whose boss.

otay

HSC
HotShot said:
dont know about his captaining, we will find that out soon, its surprising everytime ponting doesnt play the middle order is just so shit.
273 will be hard to defend with just 4 bowlers and haddin played well as well.

I would say at the moment Ponting is the best ODI batsman, wait a few matches and Tendulkar will show whose boss.
Uh? I count Lee, Bracken, Clark, Cullen, Watson, Symonds and Clarke who have all a bit of experience in ODI's. And since when has 273 been hard to defend?

Haddin is also gun your right. So good to ahve him as a backup to GILLY. And Yeah it's a toss up between Ponting and Hussey, Hussey jsut seems to very very rarely fail in ODI's. Tendulkar will need a few more games to convince me. One brilliant innings, but hasn't played thus hasn't done much for a while to really warrant a best in the world status. Will always be up there though and would not be surprised if in a few months or so he is the best. But for me, Hussey is awesome atm. And yeah it will be interesting to see Hussey's captaincy.

As for the middle order, you also have to look at who is opening today. Hayden is past it. Katich is, well what he is doin there is beyond me. The thing about the side is its soooooo strong that someone will inevitably get them out of trouble, 9 times out of 10 at least. Like today, you say middle order was shit yet Hussey n Haddin put on the highest 6th wicket partnership for Australia. I'd say that is damn fucking strong. Bring Jaques back though I say.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
otay said:
Uh? I count Lee, Bracken, Clark, Cullen, Watson, Symonds and Clarke who have all a bit of experience in ODI's. And since when has 273 been hard to defend?

Haddin is also gun your right. So good to ahve him as a backup to GILLY. And Yeah it's a toss up between Ponting and Hussey, Hussey jsut seems to very very rarely fail in ODI's. Tendulkar will need a few more games to convince me. One brilliant innings, but hasn't played thus hasn't done much for a while to really warrant a best in the world status. Will always be up there though and would not be surprised if in a few months or so he is the best. But for me, Hussey is awesome atm. And yeah it will be interesting to see Hussey's captaincy.

As for the middle order, you also have to look at who is opening today. Hayden is past it. Katich is, well what he is doin there is beyond me. The thing about the side is its soooooo strong that someone will inevitably get them out of trouble, 9 times out of 10 at least. Like today, you say middle order was shit yet Hussey n Haddin put on the highest 6th wicket partnership for Australia. I'd say that is damn fucking strong. Bring Jaques back though I say.
no i was just saying, when ponting doesnt play.. the aussie team middle order plays shit for some reason.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
India ripping through Australia at the moment - australia is scared of the turbanator. Again the run-out problems with australia still continue , hayden was batting well.

Australia will struggle to beat India.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
sunjet said:
Australia won't make finals
u never know, but it seems highly likely that they wont. With Tendulkar in form and small total...

230+ would be enough for Australia.. if Haddin keeps battin then that target of 230 is easily reachable.

melb22

HSC
N/A
It is always difficult to chase when u play with aus. 213 is a decent target, If tendulkar and dravid play well, india has a good chance. The thing i like abt the aus team is they never give up which is one of the reasons they are the best team around.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Tendulkar certainly didn't hit that but Mark Benson ruled him out at first and then cancelled his decision...the drama unfolds
1.2 McGrath to Tendulkar, no run, gone, McGrath strikes first ball! or is it? Tendulkar tried to pull that ball which was banged in short, he missed the pull and was hit on the shoulder and Haddin collected the ball, the Australians appealed for the catch and the umpire at the bowlers end gave it out initially, then Tendulkar was called back for some reason, Ricky Ponting is livid
Thats sportmanship that you wont see any other sport, certainly not in SOCCER!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)