The Official Cricket Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

tigerian

HSC
N/A
I play in the churches comp B Grade competition from September to March each year. We have just been given the opportunity to play in A Reserve. Are there any cricket fans out there who would like to play in a team this coming season (06/07). We can take two ,maybe three.

Any replies will be acknowledged and followed up. You are only expressing interest you can change your mind. Games go from 130 -530 (56 overs) every Saturday and are usually played over two weeks with 5 one dayers through January. You dont have be a Christian or go to church but it would be nice.

Ian Mcalpin
President
St Annes Ryde Cricket club

tigerian

HSC
N/A
Minai said:
It just seems funny that Gillespie has a higher test score than David Boon!
He'll also become the first test player to be dropped after scoring a double century

(I hope Im wrong but he was only a replacement and I dont think he'll play against England)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Ian McAlpin said:
He'll also become the first test player to be dropped after scoring a double century

(I hope Im wrong but he was only a replacement and I dont think he'll play against England)
It was almost Brad Hodge (scored a double century and a couple of tests later was dropped)

tigerian

HSC
N/A
Minai said:
It was almost Brad Hodge (scored a double century and a couple of tests later was dropped)
Do you rate Brad hodge as a batsman? I think he's extremely overrated like Damian martyn.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
redruM said:
Are you sure?

I am sure he got a 240/250 against India in Sydney...

edit: http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/6256.html ha! :p
Redrum, you misunderstood me. Which, when I look back on it, I can see why.

Langer was supposed to be included with Hayden, Ponting, Gilchrist. As players who have scored over 200.

Langer, from memory, has scored 200+ on two occasions.

He scored 223 in Sydney, and 250 in Melbourne. One against India, one against England.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Nz powering to 8/535 at stumps Day 2, fleming batting like a man possesed scoring 256 and out the last ball. James Franklin somehow laboured to 98 not out batting at number 9. I think we'll declare and send the Saffers in. I got this uneasy feeling this game will be a draw, without Shane Bond our pace attack looks mediocre. Unless the pitch turns and Vettori can bring a few rabbits out of the hat, it'll be a high scoring match.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Ian McAlpin said:
Do you rate Brad hodge as a batsman? I think he's extremely overrated like Damian martyn.
Over-rated? His domestic record speaks for itself, and averages like 50 in 20/20. He has great technique, its a shame that we have so much depth by the team players get a chance they are in their 30's already :/

..:: tassy ::..

HSC
this summer is going to be awesome. the first test starts when i'm at schoolies! so it'll be me and a few mates, absolutley hammered, sitting in front of the tv booing the poms and cheering the boys. sounds oh so splendid

HotShot

-_-
HSC
THE MASTER BLASTER
He may be older, he may be struggling with injuries, he may not even be batting as well as he once was, but Sachin Tendulkar, the icon, the brand, still sells. This much at least, after signing a new three-year marketing deal reportedly worth in the region of US$40 million, hasn't changed.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
gee whiz, you wonder if he even has the motivation to play cricket anymore.

HannahMc

HSC
copious said:
gee whiz, you wonder if he even has the motivation to play cricket anymore.
Well I suspect there may be a clause in the contract that he still has to play cricket. He won't see as much money if he quits now. All he'll have to do is wait this deal out and he's definitely set for life.

melb22

HSC
N/A
after this deal Tendulkar's total income/year would be around 20-25 million US$/year(the deal is worth 13 million/yr). That would make him among the 50 highest paid atheletes in the world. First time for a cricketer to be in top 50.

Indian cricketers are earning millions because of the adversitising revenue they are able to generate in a country with 1 billion people were cricket is the number 1 sport. Right now BCCI, the indian cricket board has more revenue then manchester united, the richest soccer team.

Last edited:

HotShot

-_-
HSC
melb22 said:
after this deal Tendulkar's total income/year would be around 20-25 million US$/year(the deal is worth 13 million/yr). That would make him among the 50 highest paid atheletes in the world. First time for a cricketer to be in top 50.

Indian cricketers are earning millions because of the adversitising revenue they are able to generate in a country with 1 billion people were cricket is the number 1 sport. Right now BCCI, the indian cricket board has more revenue then manchester united, the richest soccer team.
this ridiculous yeah sure money is cool, but i think being indians and being typically being very exploitave, they dont play cricket as a sport anymore, its more a business. evidence - increasing one day games as it generates more revenue, i think this is bad for indian cricket one of the reason i feel they are shit bowlers is there lack of playing proper international test cricket.

melb22

HSC
N/A
test cricket is not popular in india. though in the last 3-4 years it has gained popularity and now you can see decent crowd in stadiums for test matches in india. We need better stadiums in india. The cricket infrastructure is really bad right now. They have plans to make a new 1,50,000 seat stadium in delhi. Lets see if that becomes a reality or just a plan on paper.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
melb22 said:
test cricket is not popular in india. though in the last 3-4 years it has gained popularity and now you can see decent crowd in stadiums for test matches in india. We need better stadiums in india. The cricket infrastructure is really bad right now. They have plans to make a new 1,50,000 seat stadium in delhi. Lets see if that becomes a reality or just a plan on paper.
LOL. Still using the Indian system? 1.5 Lakhs? ;)

melb22

HSC
N/A
1.5 lakhs....
lakhs and crores :D, actually those are much better then million/billion....but have to use the later over here

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
who else in coming down under this summer except for england...are aussie playing england in the VB series??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)