The Official Euro 2008 Thread (1 Viewer)

u-borat

Banned
HSC
Fine, a bottler is a bit harsh.
How abouts being a unlucky charm?
The most significant thing he's ever won is an FA Cup/German league title...

Now to runner ups...

Runner Up

* Bundesliga : Bayer Leverkusen 1999,2000,2002, Bayern Munich 2004
* German Cup : Bayer Leverkusen 2002
* UEFA Champions League : Bayer Leverkusen 2002, FC Chelsea 2008
* Football League Cup : FC Chelsea 2008
* Premier League : FC Chelsea 2007,2008

German National team

* FIFA World Cup : Runner Up 2002
* UEFA European Football Championship : Runner Up 2008
* FIFA World Cup : Bronze medallist 2006
* FIFA Confederations Cup Bronze medallist: 2005
euro 2008 runner up.

And where exactly did I say that Terry/Ronaldo weren't chokers?

Charizard

HSC
just assumed u were a Man Utd fan because u acted elitism.

Ballack is one of the worlds best midfielders

u-borat

Banned
HSC
Yeah, um no.
Off the top of my head, just attacking midfielders...kaka, gerrard, lampard, iniesta, xavi, sniejder, fabregas, ronaldo....etc etc etc, and then if we're taking defensive midfielder sinto consideration, there's a whole bunch I'd rather have than Ballack.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
so which midfielder has captain his country to a win in every major tournament? being runner up is an amazing achievement as it is

Charizard

HSC
u-borat said:
Yeah, um no.
Off the top of my head, just attacking midfielders...kaka, gerrard, lampard, iniesta, xavi, sniejder, fabregas, ronaldo....etc etc etc, and then if we're taking defensive midfielder sinto consideration, there's a whole bunch I'd rather have than Ballack.
iniesta...................................................................................

blakegman

HSC
N/A
u-borat said:
Yeah, um no.
lol Ballack can hardly be compared to ronaldo, completely different roles.

On form id probably also take him over sneijder and iniesta at least.

And all youve done is list some of the worlsd best midfielders, which he would be a part of.

Nobody said he was THE best.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Ballack is a great football player. He carried the Bayer Leverkusen team in 2002, he carried a very average German team to the 2002 World Cup final (granted they had an easy passage), and he carried the Chelsea pretty much in the second half of last season to mount the challenge to us in both the league and in the Champions League. He's one of the top players in Europe right now no doubt.

However, there's no denying that he's got a special record in coming short of success. The year 2008 is just the same as the year he had in 2002. I feel for him some way. But he's also a bit of a kunt too. That's a reason why I've never really liked him as a player. I remember him spitting at Fabregas all those years ago when Bayern played Arsenal in the Champions League.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Do you like Ronaldo as a player ?

He's a bit of a cunt too.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
Anyone who watched Iniesta play in the 07-08 season would realise that he carried the team in which everyone underperformed and sucked majorly bar Messi and Bojan.

And he is a bit of a douche; but the way Martin Tyler says his name fucking rules. :D

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Anyone who watched Ballack play in the 07-08 season would realise that he carried the team in which everyone underperformed and sucked majorly bar Carvalho and Drogba.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
blakegman said:
Do you like Ronaldo as a player ?

He's a bit of a cunt too.
Ronaldo is indeed a twat. That's why I wanted Portugal to lose in the Euro.

But I can't complain when he scores 42 goals for my team and wins us trophies. Problem with Ballack is he didn't actually win you anything except one FA Cup. :)

u-borat

Banned
HSC
blakegman said:
Anyone who watched Ballack play in the 07-08 season would realise that he carried the team in which everyone underperformed and sucked majorly bar Carvalho and Drogba.
lmao.

Terry was par, Lampard was par, Essien was superb, Makelele was good, Cashley was good .....etc etc etc.

Perhaps that was meant to be parody, but your argument is fail.
Then take into account the fact Ballack played all of 16 games in the PL....from the 38.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
u-borat said:
lmao.

Terry was par, Lampard was par, Essien was superb, Makelele was good, Cashley was good .....etc etc etc.

Perhaps that was meant to be parody, but your argument is fail.
Then take into account the fact Ballack played all of 16 games in the PL....from the 38.
Agree to disagree i guess.

I watched just about all those 16 games and he was immense

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)