• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official Euro 2008 Thread (1 Viewer)

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Torres and Villa.

Scary forward line. Dare i say it most dangerous in world right now.

Maybe even more dangerous then Brett lolman and scott mcdonald

jcurry

HSC
torres and villa is definately a potent attack
sure to take spain to the final (i hope)

Peartie

HSC
Germany will win it.... :p

Germany 3-2 Croatia
Austria 1-1 Poland

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Of course they will.

Must have been rubbish odds but

Peartie

HSC
better odds to place either Croatia OR Germany to win than it is to say Germany OR Draw.....anyone else find that odd?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
blakegman said:
Of course they will.

Must have been rubbish odds but
it was for the free bet offer, although i fucked up my free bet. thought i was betting on france at draw no bet, but i accidentally bet on the regular option and lost the $20 free bet :(

I think the odds were about $2.50 for germany placing

Peartie

HSC
well Germany just lost to Croatia 2-1

and

Austria and Poland drew 1-1....one of my predictions was right at least!

blakegman

HSC
N/A
No they drew with Croatia in suspicious circumstances when Australia were at their peak.

Id say Australia could not beat Croatia anymore. They have improved greatly.

Just about most euro2008 teams would beat australia a high percentage of the time.

Peartie

HSC
actually......Australia drew with the Croatians ALTHOUGH we did technically score a third goal...JUST before the full time whistle was blown but the ref said the whistle was blown first.....least thats what it looked like to me.....but we made it past them anyway.....

The only reason Croatia are good is because of the Australian's on their team :p well thats what i keep telling myself!

but the standard of Euro I'd say is probably 2nd best..after world cup......better than confederations cup at least....and id put it above south america but im biased...i dont really know...

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Yeah but Kewell was also offside when he scored so it evens out.

Croatia have some great new players since that match i believe, Players like modric and kranjcar are world class, and i dont think they played against us.

Peartie

HSC
but players like 3-Card Simunic was Asutralian, played with the AIS and then went to Croatia - if it wasnt for Australians they wouldnt be as good as they are:) :p

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
blakegman said:
Yeah but Kewell was also offside when he scored so it evens out.

Croatia have some great new players since that match i believe, Players like modric and kranjcar are world class, and i dont think they played against us.
Well Australia also should've had 2 stone-wall penalties in that game from handballs.

Croatia is a gun team, Olic has been brilliant for them. Good on him for getting a goal, he deserves it. Many Croatian players are foreign born anyway. Only Simunic is Aussie from the current Euro squad.

Also another interesting fact, the Bundesliga provides the most number of players in this year's tournament.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Watching the Dutch play today was like watching a game on Pro Evo or FIFA. The goals scored by Robben and Sneijder were awesome. This is the most emphatic display of football I've seen since the magical showing by Brazil at the last Confederations Cup final. It'll take some stopping with this team.

Have to admire the approach Van Basten took as well. His substitutions worked like magic. He played offensive against offensive, something I love to see coaches do but rarely do you see that happen in modern football. God I love the Dutch's approach.

This is shaping up nicely for both Italy and France to be knocked out in the group stage. Romania will beat Netherlands in the final group game and go through! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)