• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official Football Thread 08/09 (1 Viewer)

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
rafalution said:
You've got to be kidding. I'm a Liverpool fan but Scolari is a much better manager than Mourinho. Abramovich will not want Chelsea being unprofitable - he is a businessman after all, and a Chelsea under Mourinho playing poor football to watch and entirely results driven does not mean money.
wrong.
currently, at a team like chelsea, the success/ability of a manager is measured by the amount of silverware he has won. scolari is a good manager but until he wins 2 premier league titles, 2 carling cups and an FA cup... mourinho is better.

08er said:
Fellani will be out for both games due to a yellow card in the previous. That will limit their attack to just the Yak and I really hope Liverpool don't slip up here. Hopefully Alonso will be back too. And, here's hoping Wigan upset Utd tonight...
yakubu is out for the remainder of the season.

Evertonian

HSC
08er said:
Fellani will be out for both games due to a yellow card in the previous. That will limit their attack to just the Yak and I really hope Liverpool don't slip up here. Hopefully Alonso will be back too. And, here's hoping Wigan upset Utd tonight...
Moyes will play 4-4-1-1, with anichebe as striker and cahill as supporting striker. OR he'll bring a new striker in the next week :)

Man utd v Wigan tomorrow

I hope utd win :)

Roy9

HSC
^That's what I'm thinking.

Something like:

Hibbert------Jagielka------Lescott------Baines

Osman-------Arteta-------Neville-------Pienaar

-----------------------Cahill-------------------------

---------------------Anichebe----------------------

Or maybe have Cahill up front and chuck 5 in the midfield, with either Rodwell, Gosling or Castillo replacing Fellaini. Anichebe hasn't really done anything to warrant himself a starting position, at least I don't think so.

To 08er: Yakubu's been out/will be out for ages. Would be really handy to have him, same as Saha..... and Vaughan.

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
Roy9 said:
^That's what I'm thinking.

Something like:

Hibbert------Jagielka------Lescott------Baines

Osman-------Arteta-------Neville-------Pienaar

-----------------------Cahill-------------------------

---------------------Anichebe----------------------

Or maybe have Cahill up front and chuck 5 in the midfield, with either Rodwell, Gosling or Castillo replacing Fellaini. Anichebe hasn't really done anything to warrant himself a starting position, at least I don't think so.

To 08er: Yakubu's been out/will be out for ages. Would be really handy to have him, same as Saha..... and Vaughan.

Im just curious, but everton have been complaining about having no strikers for however long and now that you have one back, wouldnt it make sense to play him?

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
kuytbird said:
Spanish Newspapers are saying Cristiano Ronaldo is going to Real Madrid for 85 Million. Anyone else confirm that from a more viable source?

*oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please...*
And once again Ronaldo denied it. Real Madrid will never stop.

Izzay said:
Im just curious, but everton have been complaining about having no strikers for however long and now that you have one back, wouldnt it make sense to play him?
Yeah, Anichibe is his name. ;)

And finally, this is an awesome quote in regards to the Kaka situation from his representative.

"To accept Manchester City, Kaka wouldn't do a matter based on money", Kotscho said. "But to the competitiveness of the English side.

"Ricky would like a strong side. He would never do something like Robinho, who, just to earn more, contented himself with not a winning solution."
LoL @ Robinho comment.

newmz89

Beer
HSC
Chelsea 1-1 Southend. wth Chelsea. probably worth our equalising goal, chelsea have had the lions share of the possesion, althought Cech made a fine save to stop Southend going 2 up.

Last edited:

samwell

HSC
Chelsea winning 3-1 anelka scores his 15th of the season

EDIT: 4-1

newmz89

Beer
HSC
Yeah comfortable in the end. Southend got tired. Not that Im complaining. Good confidence booster for Chelsea :)

Roy9

HSC
Izzay said:
I suppose so, but we actually played pretty damn good in the period where we had no recognised strikers and the gametime Anichebe has had since hasn't been that impressive. Time will tell though

08er

HSC
oops didnt know yakubu's out. i think one of everton's main attacking threat will be from set pieces where cahill and lescott become most potent.

samwell

HSC
oops didnt know yakubu's out. i think one of everton's main attacking threat will be from set pieces where cahill and lescott become most potent.
Nice spot 08er Cahill scored from set-piece

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
I suppose so, but we actually played pretty damn good in the period where we had no recognised strikers and the gametime Anichebe has had since hasn't been that impressive. Time will tell though
anichebe didnt play too bad after all

Roy9

HSC
Yep, I happily ate my own words. Shame to see someone like Gosling not get a bit of gametime though

samwell

HSC
City are becomin a joke the paid like 6 times more 4 De jong than they would have paid in four months
They are now eyein Drogba and John terry from chelsea for crap loads of cash. JT would never leave chelsea but Drogba has been lookin 4 a move 4 a while so they probably will get Drogba

kuytbird

HSC
I cannot wait for the day that fergurson retires. A sad day for football, but a good day for everyone thats not a united fan :)

adnan91

HSC
Can someone tell me when the champions league starts on SBS. I heard feb 22nd or somthing close

kuytbird

HSC
first legs are Feb 25th. Games are unknown yet.

In other news, Hicks might be selling :D :D :D

samwell

HSC
I cannot wait for the day that fergurson retires. A sad day for football, but a good day for everyone thats not a united fan :)
Although i dislike man utd they have a great coach. pure strategist and brilliant manager.
Surely every none man u fan will celebrate at his depature

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
the guy is like a million years old.
he will retire sooner rather than later and most united fans know that.

IF i was a united fan i'd be kinda excited at the prospect of a new manager, because ferguson has won everything there is to be won - like ten times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)