The Official Football Thread 08/09 (1 Viewer)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Henrik Larsson didn't get poached. He left Parkhead after giving the club so much success. He's still idolised like a king there. He left for Barcelona on good terms, and he only stayed there for two seasons anyway.

Nakamura has tremendous technique on his free-kicks. Quality player indeed.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
A few seasons ago we probably would have drawn 0-0 and lose so much vital points. If we keep getting good results in these types of games I can not see how Liverpool can not seriously mount a challenge for the title this season.

kuytbird

HSC
if he uses the rotation policy :p

Its only the first game but, seasons not won in 1 (or even 37 hopefully) games.

seano77

Walk On
HSC
Good hit by Torres. Next up Middlesbrough at Anfield. Alex Ferguson actually rotated more than Rafa last season so most of that rotation criticism is media driven. YNWA

HSC
united held at home by newcastle! some brilliant work by that newcastle signing gutierrez. united probably going to make another big signing before the close of the window (berbatov, pretty obviously). looked very depleted in the striking department. rooney looked rusty and hasn't worked out his partnership with campbell yet. then again, they did the same thing last year.. look what happened there.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
seano77 said:
Alex Ferguson actually rotated more than Rafa last season so most of that rotation criticism is media driven. YNWA
Difference being that he only rotated the midfield, as that's our strongest department on the field. Our forwards and backline remained consistent throughout the whole of last season.

Well our injuries certainly aren't helping us. And with Tevez's unexpected absence I guess I can't complain too much about last night's result. After Giggs went off there were just not enough options in attack. Hope we get the Berbatov deal done and dusted sooner rather than later.

seano77

Walk On
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Difference being that he only rotated the midfield, as that's our strongest department on the field. Our forwards and backline remained consistent throughout the whole of last season.

Well our injuries certainly aren't helping us. And with Tevez's unexpected absence I guess I can't complain too much about last night's result. After Giggs went off there were just not enough options in attack. Hope we get the Berbatov deal done and dusted sooner rather than later.
Left it a bit late to sign the striker havent you? I'm sure there is nothing to worry about though especially when Tevez, Rooney and Ronaldo start firing again.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Chelsea crushed, should be a great season once Utd are all fit again. And good to see Hull win

Charizard

HSC
Aplus said:
A few seasons ago we probably would have drawn 0-0 and lose so much vital points. If we keep getting good results in these types of games I can not see how Liverpool can not seriously mount a challenge for the title this season.
Dude you beat Sunderland a relegation dweller team 1-0 in a scratchy game were both sides probably deserved a point.

That's hardly impressive.

You'll have 3 kids by the time Liverpool can mount a serious title challenge

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Charizard said:
Dude you beat Sunderland a relegation dweller team 1-0 in a scratchy game were both sides probably deserved a point.

That's hardly impressive.

You'll have 3 kids by the time Liverpool can mount a serious title challenge
A win is a win. I'm just saying, it's good we didn't draw. We've done that too many times in previous years. And I agree, the phrase, "This is our year" has become very much a clichéd term amongst Liverpudlians.

seano77

Walk On
HSC
Arsenal lose to Fulham. Gerrard saves us again.. valuable three points.

always.dreaming

sporadic attendee
HSC
N/A
What a good week for aussies in the prem. league/overseas.

Garcia scores the equalizing goal against blackburn for hull. Emerton back from a bruised foot.

Schwarzer keeps a clean sheet to help fulham win over arsenal.

Owen inspired Newcastle win over bolton.

And Kewell scored the opening goal (again) for galatasaray

=]

Aplus

HSC
N/A
seano77 said:
Arsenal lose to Fulham. Gerrard saves us again.. valuable three points.
I know. Like I said before, in previous seasons we would have slipped up and been looking at a draw and loss from 2 games. This season's looking promising though. Hopefully by consistently getting the needed results, I'm sure the team will be able to grow in confidence and gain some momentum.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
always.dreaming said:
What a good week for aussies in the prem. league/overseas.

Garcia scores the equalizing goal against blackburn for hull. Emerton back from a bruised foot.

Schwarzer keeps a clean sheet to help fulham win over arsenal.

Owen inspired Newcastle win over bolton.

And Kewell scored the opening goal (again) for galatasaray

=]
Umm Owen isn't Australian lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)