The Official Football Thread 08/09 (1 Viewer)

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Yeah by no means will chelsea dominate.

Well, they may, but it would seem unlikely as it stands. I still think Man Utd go in as favourites.

Can't see everton being 5th again tbh

u-borat

Banned
HSC
Bainesy said:
if liverpool pick up Silva as rumored they will challenge for 2nd. however i think Rafa may rarely play the Torres - Keane strikeforce, opting for one or the other. that rotation crap, which will dampen livers chances.
v
yeah no, complete myth.
rafa rotates less than ferguson as of 07/08 season stats. kthxbye.

blakegman said:
I think spurs are a legitimate 4th contender if they can sort their defence out. On paper, their mids and forwards match arsenal or liverpool.

That said. they will probably choke like last year.
no chance. they have a bunch of lightweight fags like ur dos santos and ur modrics and ur lennons. they got no midfield grit and will get overrun with ease by your essien/mascherano type players.
plus their defence is about as frail as it gets. woodgate/king will play like 20 games combined and dawson is a gimp.

Bainesy

HSC
u-borat said:
yeah no, complete myth.
rafa rotates less than ferguson as of 07/08 season stats. kthxbye.
yea no, you didnt read my post properly. what i said was that torres and keane will hardly ever play together as a strikeforce. rafa will rotate them, not the whole team. kthxbye

LMF^^ said:
How will Ronaldo screw us up? Will Madrid still buy him if he was playing like shit? What about all the awards he wants to win? There's no point in him playing crap on purpose.
when i say Ronaldo will screw Man u up i mean exactly that. i dont mean Ronaldo will play shit, which is what you think i meant.

man u are a way better team then Madrid and the only reason Ronaldo wants to move is for the money that will land in his pocket. Lets face it, C. Ronaldo is an dumb arrogant fucker. I wouldnt want to play in a team with him in it, the harmony at Man u will just be totally gone by seasons end. Ronaldo should be sold now.

and the same thing goes for Adebayor. has no respect or club loyalty. no one wants toplay with him either.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
rafa disagrees with you.

"I want to see them together before our first game in the Champions League qualifier," the Spaniard said on Setanta Sports.

"They will have enough games now to play together before the start of the season and maybe they will have 45 minutes on Saturday."

"It is important for Torres to have another player who can score goals"

"You can play 4-4-2 with Keane and Torres, you can play 4-2-3-1 if he is on the right or left. It won't be a problem."

blakegman

HSC
N/A
u-borat said:
no chance. they have a bunch of lightweight fags like ur dos santos and ur modrics and ur lennons. they got no midfield grit and will get overrun with ease by your essien/mascherano type players.
plus their defence is about as frail as it gets. woodgate/king will play like 20 games combined and dawson is a gimp.
I don't think modric will be a lightweight fags.

And dos santos and lennon and bentley etc are all wingers and play makers.

Of course essien and mascherano will pwn them in the final third but then essien and masherano between them will score maybe 8 goals this season.

I think dos santos looks the good, and for his price, could be a bargain.

That said, prob wont do better then 5th.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
thats not the point.
the point is; they won't be able to work effectively in the premier league, they don't call fouls for little things, and they'll lose the ball very easily.
i don't rate dos santos one bit.
rate modric; just don't think he's suited to the pl.

and....the defence of tottenham ain't taking them anywhere.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
wuddie said:
who's got the best team on paper?
Depending on injuries, i would say Manchester and Chelsea would be pretty even on paper.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Bainesy said:
when i say Ronaldo will screw Man u up i mean exactly that. i dont mean Ronaldo will play shit, which is what you think i meant.

man u are a way better team then Madrid and the only reason Ronaldo wants to move is for the money that will land in his pocket. Lets face it, C. Ronaldo is an dumb arrogant fucker. I wouldnt want to play in a team with him in it, the harmony at Man u will just be totally gone by seasons end. Ronaldo should be sold now.
Money is one of the reasons why he wants to go to Madrid, but I don't think it's the main reason. It's because Madrid is his childhood dream, so I can understand why he wants to go there. The amount of money being talked about is pretty much bullshit. Madrid, though have financial muscle, aren't stupid enough to throw that type of money out for players, it's just not sustainable.

As for him being a cancer for the team, Ferguson disagrees. I believe in that man, and we have every reason to trust his judgement. Whether he stays or he goes, we'll still live on and challenge for trophies.

wuddie said:
who's got the best team on paper?
Chelsea. They have Shevchenko. :)

blakegman

HSC
N/A
shitchenko is gonna score 1 goal this season.

Against Manchester united in the Fa cup final. I can see it now.

Rest of the season he'll be injured/overrated/shit

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
Struggle between man u and chelsea, as chelsea have had a good preseason. Arsenal 3rd, liverpool 4th if they start scoring goals, last year they relied on late goals from torres, if keane gets goign then they can challange, otherwise they wont make the top 4, but CELTIC will win the spl, itll be four years in a row

Bainesy

HSC
lol, SPL is a joke. Rangers and Celtic play their own little 2 team league in the sky while the other teams play in thier own competition. But I suppose France is becoming worse than Scotland, Portugese league is pretty bad aswell

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
Bainesy said:
lol, SPL is a joke. Rangers and Celtic play their own little 2 team league in the sky while the other teams play in thier own competition. But I suppose France is becoming worse than Scotland, Portugese league is pretty bad aswell
Lies, its improving so much, its getting much more competitive with teams like motherwell and aberdeen improving tons, anyway celtic do well in uefa champions league compeititon

HSC
Best team on paper chelsea fo sho:

------------------Cech--------------------

Bosingwa - Carvalho - Terry - A. Cole

-----------------Deco------------------

--------Lampard-----Essein---------

J Cole--------------------------Malouda

----------------Drogba---------------

Subs:
Ballack
Sheva
Anelka
Bridge
Cudicini

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Bainesy said:
But I suppose France is becoming worse than Scotland
No. I love the French league!

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
u-borat said:
lolz, no one cares about SPL.
seriously.
Those who care about SPL probably don't care about EPL, seriously.

Anyway the season is just one week away, and we're kicking off in the Community Shield tomorrow. Too bad Rooney's injured. And this leaves us short up front. We really need to make a striker signing sooner rather than later. We've got tough fixtures coming up thick and fast.

kuytbird

HSC
SPLs not that bad, its a great stepping stone for younger aussie guys to use to get into prem league and get used to a reasnobly professional life in europe.
That said, its not really there for the eye candy
but still, celtic rangers is always fun to watch no matter what.

Charizard

HSC
SPL isn't so bad, but they do play negative football a lot and it really is a two horse race every year.

Maybe in 5 years time the other clubs will be able to challenge.

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
The spl gets good players, but when other teams notices this they normally buy them, such as henrik lasson, and recently the rangers defend, forget his nice since rangers are scum :uhoh: . Hhaha but the spl has get lots of talent, eg Aiden Mcgready, who in a game against ac milan prompter apualse from the ac coach a few years back. Nakamura the king of freekicks etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)