The Official Football Thread 08/09 (1 Viewer)

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
LMF^^ said:
Yup. :(

The recent cup games between United and Arsenal are nothing compared to the league outings. Last season 4-0 thrashing, then before that was the crappy FA Cup final. But I have to say, United vs Arsenal have produced the most memorable games, most famous being the 1999 FA Cup semi-final replay.

Fergie hitting out at our fixture list. Fair enough too. We have the worst fixture list out of ANY team in the league. No surprise that we're suffering atm.
lol and you got japan coming up too

should have thought about that before u started winning so much

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Izzay said:
lol and you got japan coming up too

should have thought about that before u started winning so much
Yeah but I hope we'll be in Japan the same time next year too. ;)

kuytbird

HSC
1-0 to united.
Rooney gets sent off for flykicking a fan, ronaldo trips over his own feet during a stepover, dives, wins the free kick, does his hair, then continues on his way. Nani scores and does a triple backflip-pike....
:)

samwell

HSC
Hate to say this but arsenal is on blazing form and they look favorite to challenge chelsea 4 the title.
does anybody think man utd is outta the race???
they always come bak but i dont seriously think they'll beat arsenal this season.
Can liverpool hold on???
Maybe llooks promising.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
samwell said:
Hate to say this but arsenal is on blazing form and they look favorite to challenge chelsea 4 the title.
they always come bak but i dont seriously think they'll beat arsenal this season.
Man United can't beat Arsenal? Well have a look at the table. Considering our game in hand is at home to Fulham, a game which we expect to win, we would be back above Arsenal in the table. Out of the race while there's 26 games to go in the season? The answer is no.

We are Manchester United. When things get tough, that's when we show our true qualities. And when things look easy, we always make it hard for ourselves. That's just the way we are.

If we're within striking distance by the turn of the year, expect a second half season onslaught.

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
Carling cup results
Spurs 4 - Liverpool 2
Chelsea 1 - Burnley 1 (burnley won 5-4 on penalties)

One word can sum this up....LOL

inter108

HSC
axlenatore said:
Carling cup results
Spurs 4 - Liverpool 2
Chelsea 1 - Burnley 1 (burnley won 5-4 on penalties)

One word can sum this up....LOL
I expected Liverpool loss.

walrusbear

HSC
samwell said:
Can liverpool hold on???
Maybe llooks promising.
that's pretty freaking optimistic
arsenal sadly look set to fail again if they keep losing to stoke, fulham, hull etc
i'm thinking chelsea>man uts>>>>>>>liverpool>arsenal this season

samwell

HSC
Life can never be worse Chelsea btn by division 1 team at home???
Damn
Happy that liverpool lost. Anyways my earlier prediction looks shaddy now. its probably Arsenal thats gonna win the league cup.

EDIT: If ronaldo gets back on form man utd will come back and hard.

Last edited:

kuytbird

HSC
Now i know this sounds like excuses, but for a team to go through with:
- Premier League
- European Competition (ie Champions league and UEFA cup)
- FA Cup
- League Cup
- Any other cup (The champions league winner one [Club World Cup?])
they would be looking at about 50 + games in a season.
And probably about 2/3 games a week. Now if youve played football, after about 20 games of 3 times a week, you begin to feel the niggling injuries. And yes, they are professionals, and yes, they do get paid ridiculous amounts of money, but in the end that is a huge effort to do well in all of the cups.
So i think that by letting go of the league cup, it might not be THAT bad in the long run. But we shall see.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Wow, you guys really are clueless. Losing in the League Cup can be a blessing in disguise. Abramovich doesn't give a stuff about winning the Carling Cup, and nor do Chelsea fans. We lost to Coventry in the League Cup at home last season, but look where that got us to, League and European Champions, surely better than being the winners of the Mickey Mouse Cup.

However, I am glad that we've made it through. It's nice to see some of our reserve players getting the chance to get some decent competition and show they're capable of, epecially the likes of Manucho, Evans, Gibson and Wellbeck. Danny Wellbeck scored a brilliant goal today against Stoke, now that's the kind of football I like to see.

We have a large enough squad to cope with all the competitions, so it doesn't matter whether how far we progress in the Cup. It's not a matter of winning it, it's just a showcase event for our youngsters, which I appreicate. Laugh all you want, but this certain doesn't affect Chelsea and Liverpool's title ambitions one bit.

Arsenal, Arsenal, full of ego. Brilliant one week, ridiculously shite the next. I'm happy though. :D

samwell

HSC
Anelka is still going strong. Am really suprised his hot form has lastedfor this long but nevertheless Chelsea is showing a lot of strength. plus they broke a record this weekend. Go chelsea!!!!!!!!!!
Wat happened with Drogba after his "coin chuck"?
Congrats man utd 5-0 and christiano is back on form. they are now showing that they are a very huge threat as usual.
Arsenal went down in the league. 2-0 to aston. The premiership is looking tighter with Liverpool breaking the man u-chelsea competition.

Prediction:- Arsenal wins league cup
-premiership down to the wire

seano77

Walk On
HSC
Nice position at the moment for us. Man Utd win their game in hand and were still 5 points ahead. Very nice. Reckon Chelsea look like dropping points any time soon?

samwell

HSC
No way. They are looking better every week. If their away record is better than their home record it looks like its gonna take some time till we lose points.

rafalution

HSC
samwell said:
No way. They are looking better every week. If their away record is better than their home record it looks like its gonna take some time till we lose points.
Its perfectly fine for Chelsea to roll over the worse sides of the competition but they've lost two of games in the "mini-league" (the big four already) against Arsenal and Liverpool.

On a totally different note you can vote for the UEFA Team of the year again!

http://www1.uefa.com/fanzone/teamoftheyear/index.html

Went for

-----------------------Casillas-------------------------------

-Ramos-----Carragher-----Chiellini--------Evra--------

-Ronaldo-----Senna-----Fabregas-----------Ribery----

----------------Messi------------Del Piero(c)---------------

Coach: Advocaat

By the way - why was Gerrard nominated for RM? He's obviously an attacking midfielder!

kuytbird

HSC
not bad. wouldnt pick casillas*, and would bring in gerrard and a better coach...

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
id burn senna and replace him with xavi h.

and include vidic in one of the CB position

how is clichy not up for a left back position

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)