The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
I'd say Barca for Champions League, but Milan is on the rise, but I'd also like to see if Lyon can pull off what Monaco did for the French, and with Juninho anything's possible.
I feel the World Cup is more open. I'd say Brazil from the outset, but I like the way that the Czech Republic and Netherlands play, as long as both are at full strength I think they'll go far. England will get eliminated before the semis again, god they're awful in competitions.

^___^
HSC
Benny_ said:
Which is a shame, there are no weaknesses in the England first 11.
Sven has done enough, he has transformed a team into such a competitive force..but he lacks that killer instinct as a manager.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Considering how much talent he has at his disposal, I'd argue that he hasn't done close to enough. He's got

A reliable keeper in Robinson, with as solid a back 4 as any national team could hope for; 2 of the most influential CMs in the world in Gerrard and Lampard; pace, trickery and great service on the wings in Cole, SWP, Downing and Beckham; one of the world's most clinical poachers in Owen and last but not least, one of the very best strikers in the world in Wayne Rooney. All in all, potentially the most balanced side in the world. To do no more than turn a team with so much quality all over the park into a 'competitive force' really isn't good enough. England would do really well to bring in big Phil as soon as their campaign ends, which I predict will be around the quarter-final stage again.

Jimmy_B

HSC
the italians are due a big tournament. i'd pick them as my non-brazillian favourites.

Jimmy_B

HSC
withoutaface said:
If Arsenal can get past Juve I reckon they'll take the UCL.
it depends if they get an italian side or a spanish one. i'd back them against an italian team but think barca or maybe even villareal would do em. before this season they've struggled against the spanish clubs, especially depor.

^___^
HSC
Benny_ said:
Considering how much talent he has at his disposal, I'd argue that he hasn't done close to enough. He's got

A reliable keeper in Robinson, with as solid a back 4 as any national team could hope for; 2 of the most influential CMs in the world in Gerrard and Lampard; pace, trickery and great service on the wings in Cole, SWP, Downing and Beckham; one of the world's most clinical poachers in Owen and last but not least, one of the very best strikers in the world in Wayne Rooney. All in all, potentially the most balanced side in the world. To do no more than turn a team with so much quality all over the park into a 'competitive force' really isn't good enough. England would do really well to bring in big Phil as soon as their campaign ends, which I predict will be around the quarter-final stage again.
what i mean enough, is not what he has achieved, but what he did to the team
if it weren't for his youth policy, i very doubt England would be any better...he made the current team more experienced, even though some of the players are still young

Jimmy_B

HSC
oh and withoutaface, how about a nice little avatar bet for the showdown at highbury on the 22nd? whoever wins gets to choose a nice football related avatar for their opponents?

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Jimmy_B said:
the italians are due a big tournament. i'd pick them as my non-brazillian favourites.
True. They looked very solid in the recent friendly against Germany, I expect em to make amendz fo their disappointin exit at their last World Cup. However witout Totti they are greatly handicapped and itz that bit of edge that can get you past opponentz at the highest level.

England England, just pass the ball the Rooney.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
6-0 to the reds at St Andrews. Seems we can't stop scoring now :D

Edit: Make that 7-0 :D

Last edited:

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Benny_ said:
6-0 to the reds at St Andrews. Seems we can't stop scoring now :D

Edit: Make that 7-0 :D
Thats 15 goals from the past 3 outings, lets keep the goals comin lads! :D

It was great to see Momo back in the team, hes made an amazing recovery from that awful eye injury he suffered abt a mth ago..

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Confidence in the dressing room must be sky high right now. Let's give the Blues the same service on the weekend. That's 2 goals in 2 games for Cisse and Morientes, and 3 in 3 for Crouchie :D

And yes, Momo made an solid comeback. Plenty of energy as always and kept the ball well.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Hell yeah, we'll smash Brum by 10 goalz on Sunday. :D

Poor old Brucie, I think Brum iz almost a certainty to go down. And Nicky Butt also just signed a permanent contract at the start of the season too (I think). Really hard to see em go down like that.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
It's an unlikely scenario, but just imagine how hilarious it'd be if the Brummies somehow sneak a win against you guys :p

Jimmy_B

HSC
Benny_ said:
It's an unlikely scenario, but just imagine how hilarious it'd be if the Brummies somehow sneak a win against you guys :p
not really. it might seal the chelsea title race. the teams competing for the cl need those cunts to have a game that matters when they face bolton. especially considering that bolton still get to play brum home and away in the run in.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Benny_ said:
It would be hilariouz, but it won't happen. Wit Saha in great scorin form he would do the trickz wit Rooney in support.

Just lookin at our run home, we still have Bolton, Spurz and the kuntz away while takin on Arsenal at home. Quite a tough schedule.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Jimmy_B said:
not really. it might seal the chelsea title race. the teams competing for the cl need those cunts to have a game that matters when they face bolton. especially considering that bolton still get to play brum home and away in the run in
Thankfully Liverpool isn't one of those teams, so I would find it hilarious :p Besides we needs United to drop points so we have a chance to get 2nd.

When are you guys playing the Arse LMF? If it's on a CL match week you might have a bit easier.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
April 9, 4 dayz after the 2nd leg of the quarter final tie against Juve. Pretty good schedule. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)