The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
New season, new thread. Enjoy!

ps. go the hammers.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
I seriouzly think Man U can win by a couple of pointz over Chelsea.

And rumourz sayin Arsenal haven't offered Henry a new contract yet, so he may leave next season.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
sadly i think chelsea will coast along for a second year....may be man utd can pull an upset here and pip them by 1 or 2 points, what would be sweet

I'll do a LMF and chuck out some rumours :D:

Michael Owen will find out tomorrow whether Manchester United will pay £12m for him. (The Sun)
Manchester United have no plans to sign Owen from Real Madrid. (The Daily Telegraph)
Michael Owen looks set to join Manchester United, with Louis Saha to join Monaco. (Daily Mirror)
United have cooled their interest in Owen but Rio Ferdinand will sign a new deal in the next fortnight. (Daily Mail)

haha wish the pommy tabloids can make up their minds.

Celtic boss Gordon Strachan insists that the club's fans are right behind him despite the disastrous start to the season. (Daily Record)

don't the coaches always say that.... he's definitely gone soon, i predict a new manager by january

Rio Ferdinand's contract saga with Manchester United is set to end with the player signing a new contract following a secret meeting scheduled for tomorrow. (Daily Express)

about time.

Everton are lining up a £6m move for Liverpool's out-of-favour striker Milan Baros. (Various)

haha, hilarious if it happens

Newcastle are preparing to switch their search for a striker from Nicolas Anelka to Mark Viduka. (Daily Mail)
The Magpies will have to stump up £5m if they are to prise Mark Viduka away from Middlesbrough. (The Sun, Daily Mirror)

dunno but i dun reckon viduka should join... its a sinking ship down there

Arsenal striker Thierry Henry will start the season with his future at Highbury in serious doubt. (Daily Express)

seriously doubt that

Tottenham are weighing up a club-record £12m swoop for Feyenoord striker Dirk Kuyt. (Daily Express)

whats with tottenham these days they are throwing money left right and center

Manchester United have put a deal in place to bring Michael Ballack to Old Trafford for the start of the 2006-07 season. (The Guardian)

his managers are denying it but hopefully its true

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is close to agreeing a £23m move for Lyon's Michael Essien. (The Daily Telegraph)

dragging on way too long now lyon is milking every penny lol..... makelele is still king

Andy Johnson will make a stunning U-turn by signing a new contract with Crystal Palace worth £5m. (Daily Mail)

he'll leave in january

Last edited:

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Constip8edSkunk said:
Manchester United have put a deal in place to bring Michael Ballack to Old Trafford for the start of the 2006-07 season. (The Guardian)

his managers are denying it but hopefully its true
I hope that it is not true because I don't want Ballack to join Utd for the 2006-07 season...I wan't him to join now! :)

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Constip8edSkunk said:
sadly i think chelsea will coast along for a second year....

Yeah, I think this too...even though my heart says otherwise. I think this will happen even more so if Arsenal don't find a quality replacement for Viera and if Van Nistelrooy dosen't find some form soon. Am I the only who is worried that Ruud's best days may be behind him?

Last edited:

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Very doubtful Rafa would let Baros go to Everton.. surely. Also doubt Kuyt will be going to Tottenham. He's just been made captain of Feyenoord and won't go to a club that doesn't even have European football to look forward to.

^___^
HSC
nah, van nisterooy has got a few more yrs

i'm more worried bout tottenham bring in another striker, wtf, are they chucking another real madrid and wants 5strikers?

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
worried... yes, but ill wait for the first few games, injuries ruined last season for him. i think its just he started so explosively there will always be this let down period. improvements in crossing by ronaldo should help to

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Ballack should join now, I don't know if he can make the same impact if he comez next season.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Ballack should join now, I don't know if he can make the same impact if he comez next season.
of course now would be best, but i dont think he will be any worse next year, or january, he's not gonna suddenly fall apart and become crap and having him then would be better than having fletcher holding the midfield

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Constip8edSkunk said:
of course now would be best, but i dont think he will be any worse next year, or january, he's not gonna suddenly fall apart and become crap and having him then would be better than having fletcher holding the midfield
I agree...but I still hope he comes this season he is in great form at the moment (his performances in Bayern's tour of Asia have apparently been outstanding).

T

timbk2

maybe we should call this the Football thread 05/06 . ... u know.. with the whol Football thing in aus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)