• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
he's meeting aus in holland afaik.. i think he's still in liverpool from fa cup

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
not really ... remember they made the semis in france 98? this croatian team is pretty good too.

anyways sterjkovski was shithouse

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
wikiwiki said:
Croatia are shit and can't handle pressure. Hiddink will tell the aussies to get in their face and the Croatians won't be able to cope and get red carded. They collapse in every major tournament, they lack backbone (thug-like behaviour is not backbone).
Gettin 3rd place in France '98 a collapse in a major tournament...?

They clearly are one of the in-form sidez atm, 3-2 against Argentina and most recently 4-1 against Austria, surely they're in a better position than the Aussiez. I don't know how you can call a side like that shit.

We'll get a better indication of how we're goin after the Holland match, which should be the real test.

Numero Uno

HSC
yes sterjkovski is fuking rubbish

Australia's performance was quite impressive

lol Greece are pretty ordinary now, dont expect much from them in the upcoming Euro

Regarding Croatia guys, i think Aus is capable of beating them , and Japan But dont put on sterjkovski the faggot cant cross , also Emerton sucks major balls

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
we did well to set up the crosses though as in the work leading up to it ... but the crossing was defenetely poor ...
skoko's goal was excellent ...
decision making was sloppy, 2 standouts: culina's selfish late shot on goal when laza was free on the right and the hilarious 1-2-1 with emerton and thomson offside in a good position to score ...

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
An average performance, really.

The biggest positive is that we actually look like an INTELLIGENT football side now .. Australia has never had that luxury.

There were a few set plays during the match which just made me "wow" at .. they looked sharp, and Skoko's goal was the perfect example.

Craig Moore coming back into central defence gives me THAT much more confidence. A welcome addition.

The negatives .. Emerton is just not providing quality service from the right, and this is a big problem. Chippers looked good before he came off, but we need attack from both flanks. Emerton has, unfortunately, been an abject failure in the Australian jersey to date. He and Viduka must be the two biggest underperformers when playing for Australia in recent history.

We need Cahill and Kewell for the World Cup, DESPERATELY. Unfortunately, Sterjovski just doesn't look good enough, and Archie Thompson simply doesn't have the football brains. He's a quick runner, a good finisher, but positionally hopeless.

I think with a full team, we pose a solid threat to Croatia and Japan.

If we can close down Japan's small quick men up front, I think they will have a lot of trouble scoring .. more trouble than they already have, that is :p

Whoever wrote about Croatia and their problems .. they have, unfortunately, been much more disciplined. Personally, I still think Brazil and Croatia are heavy favourites to go through from our group, but Australia will be threatening IF we need a victory over my mother's homeland to progress.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Well its official Sheva is leavin Milan...so that he can go learn some English lol

Chavski will need to cough up around 50m euro to sign him, possibly with Gallas heading the other way.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
AcStyle* said:
Well its official Sheva is leavin Milan...so that he can go learn some English lol

Chavski will need to cough up around 50m euro to sign him, possibly with Gallas heading the other way.
This is a sad day for anyone who hates Chelsea and the unlimited spending power of Abramovich. The only weakness in Chelsea that I could see this season was the lack of a truly world class striker. In my opinion, Shevchenko is probably the best striker in the world and Chelsea now undoubtably have the best team in the world. In addition to their already rock-solid defense...they are going to score a shitload of goals next season through Sheva, Ballack and Lampard.

Manchester United, Liverpool and Arsenal have all made improvements this season, but Chelsea have signed two of the best players in the world in Ballack and Sheva. They will be considerably better next season. Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool all need to improve even further if they are to mount a serious challenge to Chelsea next seaon.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Fuck, how can Sheva leave Milan. Once Cuntski getz Sheva it'll be all over. If we are to be competitive wit em we mustn't sell Ruud, and must get Diarra, Riquelme, or Mascherano. On paper now, the kuntz prob have the best team in Europe. But if Gallas leavez then I'd suspect they'll start to leak goalz at the back since hez one of the most important playerz in the team.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
With Sheva and that midfield behind him, next season is just pointless.

johnny_87

HSC
I can't wait for the day Abramovich leaves Chel$cum and they go bankrupt thanks to their massive wage bill, becoming the new Leeds! :d

- L1n -

HSC
wikiwiki said:
Croatia don't have the mental toughness. 98' was a long time ago.

Trust me, they will get someone red carded they can't handle passionate games.
Don't overestimate Australia's abilities in football, we r improving under Guus but skills wise we r miles behind those in our group, Guus can only do so much to what is avalaible to him. He probably has a easier time coaching PSV then Austrlia. Croatia is a great team and definitely in good form, No need to mention Brazil (might get a thrashing from them) and Japan are no pushovers.

If i was to rate our chances as of this moment after watching their performance against Greece, it was a bit dissapointing was expecting us to atleast win 2-0.

- L1n -

HSC
johnny_87 said:
I can't wait for the day Abramovich leaves Chel$cum and they go bankrupt thanks to their massive wage bill, becoming the new Leeds! :d
Yeh me to. U no what i want more is have Bill Gates get off his rich ass and buy United. lol then we talk money. Bill >>>>>>>>Roman.

^___^
HSC
From SoccerNet

Kalou set for Chelsea
Feyenoord striker Salomon Kalou is holding talks with Premiership champions Chelsea.

Kalou, who is the younger brother of Ivory Coast captain Bonaventure Kalou,arrived in England on Friday to wrap up the deal.

Earlier this week, Kalou told the Dutch weekly magazine Sportweek he did not expect to play in the Netherlands much longer as he wanted to move on with his career. He has said he prefers a transfer to England or Spain

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
... said:
he did not expect to play in the Netherlands much longer as he wanted to move on with his career. He has said he prefers a transfer to England or Spain
he shouldnt expect to play in england, yep, great move for your career ... replace carlton cole :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)