• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Jimmy_B said:
chelsea have also spent around 250m more than spurs over the past three years, you'd expect them to have a better attack than lil' old spurs wouldnt you? a team with no contraints whatsoever in comparison to any other team in the world, and they decide to play the most sterile type of game imaginable.

but don't worry, at least mourinho doesnt tell his players to go out and hack the shit out of other teams like fat sam does. wonder how his half time talk went on the weekend?
Just because of the money they spent means they're expected to trounce every team like a jillion-nil every week, it's never going to happen.
And I can't believe you're calling them "lil' old spurs", considering they've spent the third most on transfers this season.
Bolton have only conceded nine more fouls than Spurs this season. Bolton have had 14 yellows and one red, Spurs fifteen yellows and one red.
kthxbye

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Jimmy_B said:
my post was made in jest pal. if you're entertained by hack hack hoof, then there you go. two games where teams pretty much rolled over and died doesn't suddenly make you entertaining.

using big sam as a yardstick for all performance is funny though. like him you musn't have watched how arsenal have played over the past decade since wenger came around, but instead choose to isolate one game? jeeze, i'm a young'n but i'm not that stupid, and to top it all off i'm a spurs supporter. maybe you should take the blinkers off, or stop trolling perhaps?
talking about rolling over? hasn't that happened so often for arsenal in the epl (but this doesn't happen elsewhere as often, ie. ecl).

okay, i was being selective.

as for being a spurs fan... i was under the impression spurs fans aren't on good terms with the gunners. plus, my trolling wasn't directed at you or spurs. like most other people, i think spurs has a team for the future... =p

Jimmy_B

HSC
bazookajoe said:
Bolton have only conceded nine more fouls than Spurs this season. Bolton have had 14 yellows and one red, Spurs fifteen yellows and one red.
kthxbye
spurs are 2nd this season, bolton are 8th.

bye bye, gotta do some more study :)

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
Jimmy_B said:
my post was made in jest pal. if you're entertained by hack hack hoof, then there you go. two games where teams pretty much rolled over and died doesn't suddenly make you entertaining.

using big sam as a yardstick for all performance is funny though. like him you musn't have watched how arsenal have played over the past decade since wenger came around, but instead choose to isolate one game? jeeze, i'm a young'n but i'm not that stupid, and to top it all off i'm a spurs supporter. maybe you should take the blinkers off, or stop trolling perhaps?

chelsea have also spent around 250m more than spurs over the past three years, you'd expect them to have a better attack than lil' old spurs wouldnt you? a team with no contraints whatsoever in comparison to any other team in the world, and they decide to play the most sterile type of game imaginable.

but don't worry, at least mourinho doesnt tell his players to go out and hack the shit out of other teams like fat sam does. wonder how his half time talk went on the weekend?
spurs fan defending arsenal.... whats the world coming to :p

great sig tho!

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Jimmy_B said:
spurs are 2nd this season, bolton are 8th.

bye bye, gotta do some more study :)
Your argument was for hacking the opposition, not on place. And if your criticising that Spurs aren't in the place Chelsea are because of money, I could make the exact same argument for Bolton against Spurs.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
playboy2njoy said:
The fact that he has Crespo on the bench shows his idiocy.
"He failed to shine in 2003/04, playing just 19 Premiership games and scoring only six goals.

And after he failed to turn up for pre-season training on time in July 2004 it looked as though he could be on his way out of Stamford Bridge. Within a matter of days he had been loaned to AC Milan for 2004/05."

He wasnt scoring goals in England and Drogba has. Chelsea adopt a sole striker formation to allow the team's better players (midfielders) to play.

Jimmy_B

HSC
bazookajoe said:
Your argument was for hacking the opposition, not on place. And if your criticising that Spurs aren't in the place Chelsea are because of money, I could make the exact same argument for Bolton against Spurs.
i was trolling, not arguing. you took the bait too.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
playboy2njoy said:
Fuck Chelsea. I dont follow english football (I mainly follow real leagues such as serie a, la liga and argentina's apertura), as its boring and predictable (Long ball out wide, cross, goal), but I can still recognise a retarded manager like Chelsea's anyday. The fact that he has Crespo on the bench shows his idiocy.
The fact that Drogba's scored 5 and made 5 from 7 starts shows your idiocy.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
its not as if drogba was top scorer last season... he might have got a few goals this year but lucks been favouring him too, and with the quality behind him, even joe blow should at least get in a few times.

crespo was never given a chance in the epl, he was used as a bench warmer in his 1st season, but when he moved to milan he was excellent. he carried the team through a tough period when sheva was injured(played well in a sole striker role too). He's shown his class for argentina recently too. everyone wouldve been happy if he had stayed at milan and if chelsea werent being an ass over the whole affair.

not as good as he was at his prime but i'd still take crespo over drogba any day

yes im biased with crespo and couldnt care less bout chelsea :p

Last edited:

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Crespo is class, no doubt. He'll be back, but for now Drogba's doing the job for Chelsea, so there isn't much sense in dropping him.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
playboy2njoy said:
Fuck Chelsea. I dont follow english football (I mainly follow real leagues such as serie a, la liga and argentina's apertura), as its boring and predictable (Long ball out wide, cross, goal), but I can still recognise a retarded manager like Chelsea's anyday. The fact that he has Crespo on the bench shows his idiocy.
haha ... thats laughable, shutup and go back to your real leagues

Jimmy_B

HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
im getting sick of the entertaining football vs. results arguement. chelsea are winning, why are they going to change their style?

rumours from the motherland say that wenger wants podolski from cologne, and will sell cygan to fulham
- because they can't even sell out their european games? big club my arse.....

- lucas podolski? fuck me, if they get him they might start scoring again. i almost became a german fan because of watching him play at the confeds cup...

flyin' said:
as for being a spurs fan... i was under the impression spurs fans aren't on good terms with the gunners. plus, my trolling wasn't directed at you or spurs. like most other people, i think spurs has a team for the future... =p
well, i'm related to a gooner you guys seem to know quite well, hate his guts too ;). but that shouldnt stop anyone from seeing they have done amazingly well for a good decade now, without spending much and without comprimising their level of style.

pity there dont seem to be any gunners left here for me to have a go at. derby in two weeks and all

SPURS FOR EUROPE!!!!!

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Wenger did start playin fo 1-0 winz to establish their defence and to make sure he could stay on the job befo they started playin their "stylish" football.

^___^
HSC
vieria was sign before wenger took over

apparently wenger knew he was going to get the gunner's job, so he masterminded the transfer of patrick...hmm, interesting

Jimmy_B

HSC
LMF^^ said:
Wenger did start playin fo 1-0 winz to establish their defence and to make sure he could stay on the job befo they started playin their "stylish" football.
i thought he didnt touch the defence he inherited from george graham?

you know the famous:

---------------------seaman-------------------------

dixon-----adams--keown/bould----winterburn

werent his first signings, bergkamp, overmars and vieira? meh, he's taken arsenal as far as they can go, now watch as we get their place in the champions league next season ;)

and i really should get some sleep!!

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Jimmy_B said:
i thought he didnt touch the defence he inherited from george graham?

you know the famous:

---------------------seaman-------------------------

dixon-----adams--keown/bould----winterburn

ahhhhhh, the famed arsenal back four, lee dixon, tony adams, martin keown, nigel winterburn- the names still roll off the tongue with ease.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
anyone seen fourfourtwo mag? the aussie version of the UK one?

if you're bored (like i was today) it's an interesting read

anyways, carry on with the disagreements and agreements about wengers influence

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Everyone needs to lighten up, move away from the debate. Here's a joke:

David Beckham is visiting a school. In one class, he asks the students if anyone can give him an example of a tragedy.

One little boy stands up and offers that if my best friend who lives next door was playing in the street and a car came along and killed him that would be a tragedy.

"No," Beckham says, "that would be an accident."

A girl raises her hand and says, "If a school bus carrying fifty children drove off a cliff, killing everyone involved, that would be a tragedy."

"I'm afraid not," explains Beckham. "That is what we would call a great loss."

The room is silent, none of the children volunteer.

"What?" asks Beckham, "Isn't there any one here who can give me an example of a tragedy?"

Finally a boy in the back raises his hand.

In a timid voice, he says "If an airplane carrying David Beckham was blown up by a bomb, that would be a tragedy."

Beckham beams. "Marvellous! And can you tell me why that would be a tragedy?"

"Well," says the boy, "because it wouldn't be an accident and it certainly wouldn't be a great loss!"

I've got plenty more Becks jokes...

Last edited:

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
It would be more of a tragedy for Real and his other sponsors. =p

More jokes please :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)