The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
I've alwayz liked Cissez hair, beginnin at the 02 World Cup (he did go to Korea right...?)

I agree wit the Beckham one, he looked ridiculouz havin braidz.

Crazy Horse

HSC
^ Beckham with braids was ridiculous!

And yea - Cisse played in 02 WC.

bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
Yeah, damn straight! :) I love your stories
And so you should. :D

bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
Its not the same situation tho- Keane wouldnt have turned his back on Ireland and played for England to further his career and glory. Now personally, I dont resent Viera for his decision, and I dont believe that Keano places Viera's allegiance to a nation in his priority list. What he said was to intimidate the man, and by God did it work. Viera played like a cat, and Keano played a captains knock. Now, these comments werent racist, so whats the big deal? The cameras were there to hear the words. If you were playing under Keano as captain, you would lift under that performance. Man U need him back right now.
Hypocritical.

I get everything your saying and I agree. But when it comes down to it - KEANE was out of line saying it. I dont give a damn what his reasons were for turning his back on Ireland and Viera's were to choose to play for France. He was being hypocritical.

bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
As for pissing you off- bring it on! :)
Ahahaha. Damn that made me laugh. :D

bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
Thank God for Leni :)
And totaliterian! That was the only thing I prepared for Germany! And I got it spot on - hell yea!! :D :D <3 Germany!

Are you finished yet?

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
omg you're back....

haha...yay... :p

keane's an irishman, and viera is a frenchman...im with keane

cisse has weird hair, but it isnt that bad, i wish i could get a beard that was the same hair colour as my head

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Crazy Horse said:
Hypocritical.

I get everything your saying and I agree. But when it comes down to it - KEANE was out of line saying it. I dont give a damn what his reasons were for turning his back on Ireland and Viera's were to choose to play for France. He was being hypocritical.
It wasnt hypocrisy. The decisions made by Messrs Viera and Keane were made in two very different circumstances. Keane was questioning Viera's patriotism- something Keane is proud of having. Keano is proud of being Irish, and the notion that a man would turn his back to go to another country disgusts him. If Viera quit the SENEGAL national team in protest (if he chose to play for them), I am sure Keano would have not criticised that decision, and I'm equally sure that if Keano was facing off against Deco in another grudge match, he would give it to him too. I'm not saying Keane is accurate in that comment, but what he said was perfectly acceptably in the situation he was in.

Misinformed? Maybe. Hypocrisy? No.

Benny_ said:
keane's an irishman, and viera is a frenchman...im with keane
A much simpler way of viewing the arguement, but I like it nonetheless :)

Crazy Horse said:
And totaliterian! That was the only thing I prepared for Germany! And I got it spot on - hell yea!! <3 Germany!

Are you finished yet?
I hope you didnt spell totalitarian like that in the exam, coz by the look of it you nailed the rest of it. I spent way too much time on this thread to study properly, and I ignored totalitarianism. Just throw in words like volksgemeinschaft and gleischaltung and you should be right, right? Thank God for Leni :)

No, business on Wednesday, but you're finished, right?

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
It wasnt hypocrisy. The decisions made by Messrs Viera and Keane were made in two very different circumstances. Keane was questioning Viera's patriotism- something Keane is proud of having. Keano is proud of being Irish, and the notion that a man would turn his back to go to another country disgusts him. If Viera quit the SENEGAL national team in protest (if he chose to play for them), I am sure Keano would have not criticised that decision, and I'm equally sure that if Keano was facing off against Deco in another grudge match, he would give it to him too. I'm not saying Keane is accurate in that comment, but what he said was perfectly acceptably in the situation he was in.

Misinformed? Maybe. Hypocrisy? No.
i agree with that completely, it's like choosing a new better looking friend over a loyal one...france more successful so he chose it instead of senegal (or wherever he was born)

A much simpler way of viewing the arguement, but I like it nonetheless :)
pity you spelt my name wrong :eek:

in other news, dukes scored twice for M'boro....schwarzer kept the back of the net clean too.

forlan looks like missing the whole WCQ after tearing something in his leg (hope so...hehehe) i hate players to have injuries, but atm WCQ > La Liga

Jimmy_B

HSC
vieira choosing france over senegal was the best thing for his career. same with all the other african born french players. they only have a short space of time to make a living so they do whats best for them to maximise this living.

criticising any of the french/dutch/whatever other nations players for doing that is a bit shortsighted. i wouldve done the exact same thing in there shoes.

slip

HSC
forlan injured.
both uraguayuan keepers injured.
3 players suspended.
a few others with injuries.

and dario silva is playing for portsmouth against wigan this weekend. skoko knows what he has to do (it would have been better if it was blackburn and portsmouth and neill coulda done the job)

hehe, seriously but all the injury concerns and suspensions are looking good for australia. moore is the only person injured we will miss. and as for the 7 players that will be suspended in sydney if they get a yellow in uruguay... they are all very replaceable.

im getting excited about the play off now. draw or 1 goal victory in montivideo and 2 goal victory in sydney.

im sure recoba and morales can pick up injuries this weekend too.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Jimmy_B said:
vieira choosing france over senegal was the best thing for his career. same with all the other african born french players. they only have a short space of time to make a living so they do whats best for them to maximise this living.

criticising any of the french/dutch/whatever other nations players for doing that is a bit shortsighted. i wouldve done the exact same thing in there shoes.
The thing is if these guys immigrated to France when they were young, i dont see any problem with them choosin to play for Les Bleus instead of their original countries...

Then again the players who cant get into the French national team often choose to play for their original countries neways...Djimi Traore comes to mind, born in France but represents Mali.

Last edited:

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
braad said:
pity you spelt my name wrong
Sorry mate. Not intentional. Just a conceptration lapse. See what what happens when you have too many Pool supporters congregating in the one place :p

Feel free to get my name wrong to make up for it. Just be original, ok?

Jimmy_B said:

If you were a world class player, would you abandon Australia for another nation for glory/money/whatever? Thats why I defend Harry Kewell every time someone says he does not care for the Australian national team. He was asked to play for England, but declined so he could represent Australia. I dont know the full circumstances behind Vieira's decision, perhaps none of us here do, and I dont think Keane did either.

If Vieira did abandon his own nation for another for just money, or he felt a stronger alliegance to France, or whatever, who knows. Keano was questioning it. Keano probably doesnt even give a shit who Vieira plays for, he wanted to upset him. Why should that comment make Viera worried if he feels he did the right thing?

braad said:
in other news, dukes scored twice for M'boro....schwarzer kept the back of the net clean too.
apparently the opposition... dinamo dininimrokalishinikofalopulantany or something like that were shite. schwarz (another player to turn his back on another nation) only had to make one save, but its good to see Duke is finding the back of the net.

And I've never liked Forlan. Good to see him out.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Nice work Viduka getting a brace for the Boro, and Nolan scored again to give Bolton a 1-0 victory over Zenith St. Petersburg!!

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
slip said:
forlan injured.
both uraguayuan keepers injured.
3 players suspended.
a few others with injuries.

im sure recoba and morales can pick up injuries this weekend too.

lol, i'll drink to that :eek:
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
apparently the opposition... dinamo dininimrokalishinikofalopulantany or something like that were shite. schwarz (another player to turn his back on another nation) only had to make one save, but its good to see Duke is finding the back of the net.

And I've never liked Forlan. Good to see him out.
haha...true, they were shit, but hey, 2 goals always helps your confidence

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Viduka isn't in bad form anyway, it's no shame to be kept on the bench by Hasselbaink and Yakubu.

In case you haven't already seen it, Messi's goal yesterday came from some of the most hilariously shite defending ever.

Last edited:

!Solskjaer!

HSC
We really shouldn't read too much into the Forlan injury...Dario Silva, anyone?

It'll be tough either way, but the fact that Uruguay is REALLY facing a 'keeper crisis should make it a bit easier for us.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
For some reason Panathinaikos have decided to play Igor in the centre of defence, where he was voted as the EPL's worst player. He was more than competent in midfield last year.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Houllier played him at the centre of defence... so must be good! (Before he was soon sacked at the end of the season. :cool: )

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
I remember when Houllier first signed Biscan he described him as the 'new Rijkaard'. Apart from each having a European Cup winners medal, i dont see any other similarities...;)

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
God Houllier was embarrassing with his comparisons. Cheyrou was the 'new Zidane' and Traore was the 'new Desailly' as well.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Benny_ said:
God Houllier was embarrassing with his comparisons. Cheyrou was the 'new Zidane' and Traore was the 'new Desailly' as well.
There was also Salif 'new Vieira' Diao and Danny 'Platini' Murphy lol :rolleyes:

Jimmy_B

HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
If you were a world class player, would you abandon Australia for another nation for glory/money/whatever? Thats why I defend Harry Kewell every time someone says he does not care for the Australian national team. He was asked to play for England, but declined so he could represent Australia. I dont know the full circumstances behind Vieira's decision, perhaps none of us here do, and I dont think Keane did either.

If Vieira did abandon his own nation for another for just money, or he felt a stronger alliegance to France, or whatever, who knows. Keano was questioning it. Keano probably doesnt even give a shit who Vieira plays for, he wanted to upset him. Why should that comment make Viera worried if he feels he did the right thing?
yes, yes i would. career progression all the time, especially in an industry as cuthroat as the footballers industry.

blind nationalism/patriotism doesn't come into it for me, and it certainly doesnt make me love australia any less.

in saying that comparing a country like australia to a third world country like senegal is folly. circumstances are so different.

and i dont see anywhere where i said vieira was/should have been upset. it's you who's just dickriding red roy about being such a great patriotic irishman.

either way, keano and vieira are both fucken cunts so i couldnt care less if they hacked each other to death if juve every play united/celtic in the near future. in fact i hope they do so ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)