The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
nedzelic said:
it's always interesting to see what sports people get, and specifically footballers get acedmeically, as they are notoriously dumb in my experience. so, that said, how did you lot get on?
ROFL!!!

I read somewhere that Xabi Alonso was getting a degree at some Spanish university. Anyway, who needs a degree when you get paid $120,000/week and call yourself the best defender in the world? Or do bench warming duties for $60,000/week and then go to the press and claim to feel left out? Or injury yourself and stay injuried until a UCL final or an international qualifier? ;)

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
CL draw:

Chelsea v Barcelona
Real Madrid v Arsenal
Werder Bremen v Juventus
Bayern Munich v AC Milan
PSV Eindhoven v Lyon
Ajax Amsterdam v Inter Milan
Benfica v Liverpool
Rangers v Villarreal

...Chelski & Barca together again!

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Yeh, I go to a catholic school (St Francis, Leeton, get a map of the state) and it was compulsorary, but easy marks anyway. It looks as if you did better tho, from your sig. I want to do Commerce at the ANU and last year 85 was needed, so we'll see how I go. Not as good as I hoped for, nor anyone else I might think :( but hey, Keanos signing was great news to cheer me up.

Jeez, theres some mouth watering clashes for the UCL second round. I hope Ronnie and co smash lamparse. But again it seems that Rangers get it soft, drawing the easiest of the teams who came first. Easiest draw, now easiest tie. I'll be cheering on Villarreal real good tho.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
The Chelsea midfield looks paper thin. Maka may still be out, and Essien is definitely out with a ban. And Ronaldinho and Messi look good.

Real and Arsenal should be an interesting game. Which team has the leakier of defences?

Bayern and Milan should be an interesting fixture. Have Bayern moved forward? Is Milan's defence too old?

nedzelic

HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
Yeh, I go to a catholic school (St Francis, Leeton, get a map of the state) and it was compulsorary, but easy marks anyway. It looks as if you did better tho, from your sig. I want to do Commerce at the ANU and last year 85 was needed, so we'll see how I go. Not as good as I hoped for, nor anyone else I might think :( but hey, Keanos signing was great news to cheer me up.

Jeez, theres some mouth watering clashes for the UCL second round. I hope Ronnie and co smash lamparse. But again it seems that Rangers get it soft, drawing the easiest of the teams who came first. Easiest draw, now easiest tie. I'll be cheering on Villarreal real good tho.

haha yes, i am happy with gers draw. lucky is all i can say. i must say, im pissed that psv and lyon got each other; that was a bit tight as i reckon lyon could knock anyone off, they are real quality. but psv, with god hiddink and our culina - who will be registered for this round, can also match it with the big boys. and basically that's my point, two untarditional, non big names have been drawn agaoinst each other, as have gers and villraeal rthinking about it, and so while that guarntees that two 'smaller' clubs will be in the 1/8, i reckon both lyon as psv could have kncoked off the likes of arse, or bayern or weder ect.

but yes, super draw for gers, although villreal are nothing to turn your nose up at, the yellow submarines have some brilliant individuasl ala riquelme (it just shows how good barca are that they can let this maestro go) and of course our injured friend forlan and compatriate viera and figueroa. and other newly crowned spnaihs internationsals like marcos senna. not to mention former juve man tacchanardi and the long haired git sorin. so, they've got a worthy team of the last 16

but fuck, you just knew barca would get cunti-fuck-chel-ski didn't ya? oooooo how would love barac to exact revenge from last year. it's a shame we have to wait until the end of the fucking winter break until we can see that mouth waterer. damn these cold arse cunt-tries on the continent. but in the words of kevin keegan, 'i would love it, i would love it, if barca snapped chelsea'
i thought they were the best team in europe last year - and therefore pretty much the planet, and even fuck-face mourinho said the same. this year they are even better. they are a joy to watch. no often do these sorts of teams come along and i think we shoudl cherish this team and just soak up every minute fo their matches. really, i'm pretty sure they are the best team i have ever seen. of course, from last year's team, they've brought back i host of injured defensive mids but the massive plus this year has obviously been messi. this kid is amazing. he's our fucking age and he makes monkies of everyone. but the thing i like about him he's not a fucking tosser. he works hard, gets on with it and does the job. he doesn't even look that good. he's some wierd pale skinned, mullet haired argy, but he's awsome. the antithesis of wayne rooney; the original pee brain.

the only downside of that tie will be the fact that xavi hernandez will be out. and this is a major blow really to xavi. he will be involved in some form for any goal that barca get while he's on the field and i'm a big rap on him; he has gotten better and better and has ousted the likes of valencia baraja and albelda and valeron and even helguerra and marchena when they are in midfield; to be the no 1 midfielder for spain. shame both him and raul are out as they are muy importante para espana en la copa de mundo.

anyway, yeah

bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
(St Francis, Leeton, get a map of the state)
fuck me! you are in the middle of no where man! i think i've only ever been anywhere near there once. we played griffith in bill turner in year 9; that must be somewhere near where you are

nedzelic

HSC
tell me this, would chlesea be anywhere near the team they were if the freak lampard ever got injured. seriously, i'm surprised somebody doesn't just try to put a hit on him during a game. i mean, a chelsea team w/o lampard for me is inconceivable. i would love to see him get injured (not badly) and see what would happen. i mean, is there a more singuarly important player for a top team in the world??? ronaldinho, soem may say. but i saw many games last season where he wasn;'t there and barca had no troubles; in fact soem games they looked better. henry is very important at arse but fuck, lampard. i mean he's leading fucking goal scorer from midfield and he gets about 20+ assists a season (which is phenomenal by the way. although henry's statistics are similar as he holds the record for most assists in a year; in the same yet he also managed 24 league goals - the reason why for me he's the best in the world)

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Sydney FC 2 Al Ahly 1.

Sydney FC very, very lucky, but well done.

nedzelic

HSC
yeahn well done to sydney; great for our football, although in truth, they pretty much got shat on. that egyptian team was waaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than fucking sporting saprissa. sydney should have won that game but they one this one instead against the 'african team of the century' - that's some achievment. also, this is the 1st time they lost back to back games in years apparently

great stuff to put australia on the map

watch out world; the aussies are comin!!!!!!!!

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Just like Sydney shat on Saprissa but lost. Everything came out right in the end - except for Al Ahly.

And what about Paolo Di Canio. Back to his fascist antics and revealing in his autobiography that he stabbed his brother with a fork. What a legend.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Di Canio is alwight, a bit touched in the head but still ok.

And Griffith is just down the road. Griffith have some top footballers there for our age, how did you's go? What Griffith school did you play? When I was in Year 9 we played Griffith High and lost 2-0. Perhaps had of we won we might have gone on to play you?

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Still no. 16, I'm glad that happened. Good to see him at Celtic, it certainly beatz him goin to any other club.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Very, very good to see him at Celtic, cant wait to buy the 16.

I was beginning to worry earlier that signing him for 40K pounds a week might mean that we couldnt afford to keep Petrov, but apparently the clubs major shareholder is paying half his contract out of his own money. His first match should be against Clyde in the away League cup tie. Not much different to Old Trafford really :p

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Still no. 16, I'm glad that happened. Good to see him at Celtic, it certainly beatz him goin to any other club.
Read as: So long as he's not in direct competition with ManU I'm happy.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
withoutaface said:
Read as: So long as he's not in direct competition with ManU I'm happy.
lol, i couldnt have imagined him going to another epl club. He definitely made the best choice for all.

nedzelic

HSC
well fuck me, lyon finally lost. and with that goes an unbeaten calanser year run.....lol

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
So by the looks of the draw, had we qualified, we would've faced Rangers or L'pool. :uhhuh: Oh well, spilt milk now I guess.

Speaking of MU, their match against Villa starts at 11pm and finishes at 2am. What gives, Fox ? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)