• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numero Uno

HSC
copious said:
Anelka quote

'I don't want to waste my time any more in the Turkish Championship,' Anelka told the Daily Star Sunday.

I'd hate to have this guy in my team.
Yeh Anelka is a total dickhead, hes quite self centered and he cant play :)

how about sunderlands and WBA's performance overnight, talk about good goal keeping

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
FINALLY saw kewells goal. had seen all the others except the L'pool goal

southamptons goal was nice, good half-volley (i think)

Last edited:

Numero Uno

HSC
braad said:
FINALLY saw kewells goal. had seen all the others except the L'pool goal

southamptons goal was nice, good half-volley (i think)
u mean sunderland right ?
yeh that goal by lawrence was awesome , arca is a mad player as well too bad he can only use 1 foot :(

Last edited:

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Numero Uno said:
u mean sunderland right ?
yeh that goal by lawrence was awesome , arca is a mad player as well too bad he can only use 1 foot :(
haha..yeah, i have to pay more attention to the relegation-threatened teams

>.<

Henrys goal was the other that i was impressed by (first goal, volley from ljunbergs(sp?) cross from right baseline)

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
AcStyle* said:
Well apparently hes now keen on a move to the Toon..
Pretty clear that Anelka wants nothing but money. Surely any half decent players would've seen by now that Newcastle is a talent graveyard.

nedzelic

HSC
hoooooooorrrrrrraaaayy
leeds vs wigan live on espn 2moro. firts time in 1 1/2 years i'll be able to see the whites

i'll be putting a 20 or so on them winning as well despite their loss to fukcing brighten on saturday

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Numero Uno said:
Yeh Anelka is a total dickhead, hes quite self centered and he cant play :)

how about sunderlands and WBA's performance overnight, talk about good goal keeping
Holy crap did you see that one save by the polish WBA guy? Krusczuk or whatever it is? Kinda reminded me of Jaaskelainen's against Cole a while ago, it was sensational. Save of the season for sure

Ilija

Swinger
HSC
UEFA Name Team Of The Year

Team:

Goal Keeper: Petr Cech (Chelsea).

Defenders: Cafu (AC Milan), John Terry (Chelsea), Carles Puyol (Barcelona), Paolo Maldini (AC Milan).

Midfielders: Luis Garcia (Liverpool), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Ronaldinho (Barcelona), Pavel Nedved (Juventus).

Forwards: Samuel Eto'o (Barcelona), Andriy Shevchenko (AC Milan).

Coach: Jose Mourinho (Chelsea).

http://twg1.sbs.com.au/wview/index.php3?id=67176

Thoughts?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I think they stuck lampard in the attacking midfielder spot, and he was up against ronnie.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Nah, as was discussed before Lampard was up against Gerrard. Without arguing who contributed more on the pitch, it's pretty easy to see why Gerrard got the nod ahead of Lampard. Seeing as how the team's selection is based entirely on performance in the UEFA Cup and Champions League, it's hardly surprising. Statistically they're evenly matched, scoring 4 goals a piece. The thing that swung the votes in Stevie's favour was of course winning the thing.

Garcia I think was the top scorer out of the RM nominees. There's no questioning his right to be there really. In the Champions League he was probably one of Liverpool's most important players. Juventus and Chelsea anyone?

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Benny said:
Nah, as was discussed before Lampard was up against Gerrard. Without arguing who contributed more on the pitch, it's pretty easy to see why Gerrard got the nod ahead of Lampard. Seeing as how the team's selection is based entirely on performance in the UEFA Cup and Champions League, it's hardly surprising. Statistically they're evenly matched, scoring 4 goals a piece. The thing that swung the votes in Stevie's favour was of course winning the thing.

Garcia I think was the top scorer out of the RM nominees. There's no questioning his right to be there really. In the Champions League he was probably one of Liverpool's most important players. Juventus and Chelsea anyone?
Why did Mourinho get the nod instead of Benitez then?

Oh, and heres some snaps of Zambrotta's missus:

http://www.insidesport.com.au/is/index?pg=adrenalin&spg=gratuitous/gratuitous.htm

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
bazookajoe said:
Ummm what the hell is Luis Garcia doing there?
Garcia may be dodgy in the EPL, but he was very useful in the Champions League

nedzelic said:
fuck i hate penalties now
i know what you mean :burn:

nedzelic

HSC
and i heard kevin blackwell say before the game that they had not pracitsed penalties; yeah good call. when your number 1 and 2 penalty kick takers and all round goal scorers miss, you know you're fucked

fuck that was bullshit. gary kelly scored an absolute screamer in extra time to make it 3-3 (he hasn't scored in the league for 9 years and only one goal in those nine years fullstop) and i thought it was gonna be leeds' day - on the great eddie gray's birthday and all....
fuck!!! not happy jan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)